Lurkers on this forum

Sybersnott

My name is david. i am a massage therapist & i live in nashville. i got into grip training as a progression from lifting & martial arts.

I'm  6'1", around 270 lbs. i've only been on the board for a couple of months, but have learned tons from being here.

my turn-ons are heavy objects, crushing strength, sunsets and kittens.

my turn offs are gyms with houseplants, people who "used to be able to squat 700lbs, in college", and leonardo dicaprio.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sybersnott

• OldGuy

• paul

• whitleyd

whitledy (David),

When have we EVER talked about sunsets and kittens on this forum??  ???

I lurk from Ohio, found this board long ago surfing...

I am 47 years old. I used to have a strong grip, but lost it somewhere along the way. Thanks to this board my grip is much better than it ever was.

I'm currently working on closing the Silver-Spring Elite and bending the red.

Thanks for bringing me out of the shadows... :)

John (Sir Snott),

it was in the leonardo dicaprio thread.

seriously, it seemed as i was writing that it was starting to sound like a playmate stat sheet........i do like kittens though

Guest Claemore70

Howdy, I'm kind of a lurker.  Bragged that I would be closing the #3 by last year- guess what, I haven't! :(   I have been trying my butt off though.  I am 32 years old, in l.e. and security.  Been messing with grippers since I was a wee lad-- twelve or thirteen.  Have just been able to start tearing phone books across the pages rather than the spines; can crush apples; touch my nose with a 12lb sledge; and can do reps with the #2.  All this has been thanks to the extremely knowledgeable folks on this board.  I was practically a legend in my department, and have gotten more than a couple of folks interested in grip training.  Forgot to mention that I have leveraged on a dumbell, twenty lbs; and can reverse curl 100 lbs.  Sometimes my ego oversteps its bounds, but I really DO appreciate all the helpful info that I have gained by just lurking.  Thanks y'all. :)

Guest richard

/lurk=OFF/

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a while. Posted once or twice now I think. I'm 30 years old, living in Georgia, USA and just starting to get into grip stuff. I've already gotten some great info from this forum, but I don't have much to give back at this point. Actually, I think it was Snot who first welcomed me after my first post. Thanks!

later, Richard

/lurk=ON/

richard,

I live in Georgia, too!  What town do you hail from?  I'm in Roswell.  :)

Guest HARDER

Well I'm most definitley a lurker.  Been lurking around here for a good six months, learned alot thanks to this forum.  

I got into grip training because of a post I read on a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu forum about the IM grippers around 8 months ago.  I've been hooked since the day I received my IM-T. The 2 should fall any day now.   :crazy

Guest richard
richard,

I live in Georgia, too!  What town do you hail from?  I'm in Roswell.  :)

Huh... I'm in Alpharetta.

Small world. :)

Richard

tried to pm you but your box is full...

I deleted some of my messages in my Messenger, so my PM can accept new messages now.  :)

Wow you guys!!  :)  :D

This topic just surpassed 1000 views!!  Incredible!!  When was the last time a topic went over 1000 views in such a short amount of time?!?  ???

Hi my name is Joe, i have been lurking for about a month now.  I am 19 and am from St. Paul, MN.  this  is definately the most helpfull training board i have ever been to.  I just closed the #2 COC about a week ago, hope to get the 3 within a year or two.

I guess I'm technically a lurker as well.  I have posted a few times but I so far have nothing of value to add.

I'm 16 years old, 6'3", 210lbs.

Grip Training: NONE(not counting Dick's grippers)

I mean to get started on the CoCs soon, but first I just wanted to learn more about training, and now money is an issue so I will plan as soon as I can, but for now my regular lifting has priority.

Guest baldy

MJ, there is plenty of stuff to do that won't interfere with your other training, and doesn't take special equipment. Pinching plates or plate curling are both *outstanding* movements that you can do at the end of your workouts or in between sets (depending on what you are working that day). Though they aren't very popular here for some reason, any kind of wrist curl would help you build a solid base of wrist strength as well. Anyway, this is stuff you should already know from reading here but I wanted to re-iterate since you basically said you can't grip train due to financial constraints.

Hi!

my name is Paul.

I'm 30 years old and live in southern Germany.

I kinda stumbled over grip training about six months ago.

In the meantime i have built quite a nice collection of grip tools. Among them:

CoC grippers: Trainer, #1, #2, #3

Ivanko Supergripper

TTK

2 sledgehammers (3 and 4 kilos)

2 custom made "block weights" (10 and 15 kilos)

ironmind pinch grip block

Powerweb

Gripstik

and lots of other gadgets i found on the net or in sports stores.

After about four months of training with the CoCs i can close my #1 about 10 times (right hand only).

Unfortunately, i recently overtrained my right wrist with sledge hammer training. So, i'm forced to pause for a few weeks.  ???

Welcome to the GripBoard Joe.  If this is the Joe I think it is, it should be mentioned that he was one of the only two people who registered for the now canceled U.S. Grip Champs this year.  The other person was, not so coincidentally, his brother Jeff who recently posted that he just closed the #3.

Keep grippin' guys!

BC.

I'm 24 years old reighning out of Baltimore, Maryland.  I've been dedicated to my training for about 3 years now but only recently got into grip training.  

Last Christmas I got the COC #1 and closed it on my first try [if I remember correctly]... it actually may not have been my first attempt, but it hadn't been out of the box for more than a minute before I had it closed.

I just closed the #2 last night.  It was my third workout with it and I've already got my sites on the #3... though I know it'll be no easy task...

Next on the certification list:

Dan Cenidoza       12/02    :)

Dan the man.... that's great!!  Keep it up; grip training is like zen around these parts - flows in, flows out.

BTW, paul - what part of Germany are you from?  Anywhere near Leipzig?  ???

BTW, paul - what part of Germany are you from?  Anywhere near Leipzig?  ???

Hi Snotty,

No, not Leipzig sorry (that's more the eastern part)

I'm from Regensburg in Bavaria.

According to the book, "Goerner The Mighty", he hails from that town in Germany (Hermann Goerner), and so did Arthur Saxon.

BTTT!!  Strat might wanna get in on this one....

• 2 weeks later...

FellasFellasFellas,

good to meet you. Name's Erik.  Just got out of the Navy and moved to D.C.

Recently got into the grip game last Feb. when I got my CoC T, and#1.  

My training includes grippers, block weights, a sledgehammer, and PDA's Turk.  Soon I'll mash the #2.

This is my favorite page on the web and I am thrilled to have found it.

Guest Brian S

Hello, though not technically a "lurker", I do only post rarely.

And I've been kicked off both Hardgainer as well as Garage Gym forums.

They must have higher standards than you lot!    :D