• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mjoynt

• Jonathan McMillan

• AnimalCage

• Nathan Say

Quoted from Mjoynt

My hands felt a lot better today.  Maybe the extra reps on my warmup sets helped a little.  Who knows?  I'm progressing so fast that I'm amazing myself.  I plan on closing my DOUBLE-STAMPED #3 by the end of this year.  Maybe my goals are set a bit high, but the way I'm progressing I think it may be a possibility!  I'll be back next week!

• 2 weeks later...

-Wednesday October 30, 2002-

Left Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 11x1x3

Right Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 16x1x3

Tonight, I closed the DOUBLE-stamped #2 for the first time! :D

-Tuesday November 5, 2002-

Left Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 13x1x3

Right Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 18x1x3

Once I reach 20lbs with any one gripper, I will move to the next level gripper (in this case, the BB Master) and start over with no weight.

Anyone who is considering trying strapholds, please try them.  They have worked wonders for my grip training.  I thought that with the absence of normal gripper training, that my max close would suffer, but after closing the DOUBLE-stamped #2, I now believe that strapholds are the key for me to close the #3. :)

I just set a limit of 20lbs.  My BB Master is only a little harder than my single-stamped #2 so it won't be a huge jump.  20lbs was just a number that I decided to set as the limit.  No special reason I guess. ???

-Tuesday November 12, 2002-

Left Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 14x1x3

Right Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 20x1x3*

*Movin' up to the BB Master next time! :D

Your making some excellent gains.  With so many different grip exercises out there Im having a hard time sticking to a program like you are.  Excellent work!

Morgan

If u keep doing the same thing over & over yer progress will stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U neeeeed 2 mix it up & lay off of the grippers,to really progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

-Wednesday January 1, 2003-

Left Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 16.25x1x2, 5lbs.x10 sec.

Right Hand:

Strapholds w/ BB Master - 9x1x2, 5lbs.x10 sec.

After my workout for the day, I was fooling around with my single-stamped #2 and I was suprised to actually get 18 reps with my right hand and 7 reps with my left hand! :yikes

18 reps with the #2 is great! It's been inspiring to watch your progression in strength Matt. Keep up the good work. :D

Ben Edwards

-Wednesday January 8, 2003-

Left Hand:

Strapholds w/ single-stamped #2 - 5lbs. x 10sec. x 3

Right Hand:

Strapholds w/ BB Master - 5lbs. x 10sec. x 3