Wes Peart Certification

Bill Piche

Wes and I would like to do a dual cert. The target date is Feb 10.

pc

Edited by porkchop

I will be there to witness the witnessing - ha ha :D

Good luck to both of you. Smash it guys :mosher

Mash that thing fellas!!! :rock

No problem, just think about that 'pretty lady' on the blog ;)

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to it. Glad to see the Gator is gonna join us as well! It should be a great time.

How many reps do you think Wes will get?? :rock

pc

Edited by porkchop

This gripper won't be a problem for you, Wes!

I want to see some reps on your 3rd attempt Wes.

Wes you and Greg will crush the MMG2 tomorrow :mosher Have fun!

A heads up:

3. The gripping hand or arm cannot be touched in any way after the set of the gripper. No holding of the gripper spring after the close is started. ONLY 3 attempts are allowed and must ALL be performed within 15 minutes of the first attempt. It is considered an attempt when the gripper is set and an attempt to close is made. If the hand does not come off the gripper and the other hand is not used to reset the gripper it only counts as one attempt. If the candidate is strong enough to rep it, more power to them! However, "screwing around" with the cert gripper outside of the normal 3 attempts will invalidate the certification.

Note the wording here. Thanks.

Well, the MM2 cert went down today as planned. Wes closed it (easily) on all three attempts and I missed all three of mine. I had an off day and my best was attempt was approx 1/4" out (maybe closer who knows...all I know is that it wasn't shut.) Anyway, I'll get the video prepared and sent off to Bill and we'll wait for the verdict on Wes's cert. Gripper will be out in the mail towad home base on Monday, per the rules.

Wes put on a clinic today and set some PR's in bending and closed some grippers he hadn't previously.

Wes had a MMS close of an IM #3.5! which looked pretty easy to those of us watching. (We have this on video)

Wes missed a #4 MMS close by about 1/16"!!! We didn't get that on video because he didn't expect to get it that close after the cert and some other fooling around, but did get another attempt at it after he did a bunch of other stuff that was further out. If he was fresh, I'm thinking he would have gotten it.

Wes also fully lifted my Blob50!! (also on video)

GatorGrip and Crotchulla were here as well and joined in on the fun. Lots of good stuff. So much so I can't even remember all of the things we did. We did some Blobs, 2" vbar, bending, grippers, etc. We had a blast.

Gator or someone else will have to recap all of the bending and other things that took place because I just don't remember i t all.

I'll get all the video sorted out as soon as I can. I am traveling a lot for work the next two weeks so not sure when I'll be able to get any of the extra footage prepared, but it will be coming shortly.

HUGE Congrats to Wes on his MM2 closes and all the other PRs he set today!! Great job buddy!! :bow

pc

Well, the MM2 cert went down today as planned. Wes closed it (easily) on all three attempts and I missed all three of mine. I had an off day and my best was attempt was approx 1/4" out (maybe closer who knows...all I know is that it wasn't shut.) Anyway, I'll get the video prepared and sent off to Bill and we'll wait for the verdict on Wes's cert. Gripper will be out in the mail towad home base on Monday, per the rules.

Wes put on a clinic today and set some PR's in bending and closed some grippers he hadn't previously.

Wes had a MMS close of an IM #3.5! which looked pretty easy to those of us watching. (We have this on video)

Wes missed a #4 MMS close by about 1/16"!!! We didn't get that on video because he didn't expect to get it that close after the cert and some other fooling around, but did get another attempt at it after he did a bunch of other stuff that was further out. If he was fresh, I'm thinking he would have gotten it.

:rock

Wes also fully lifted my Blob50!! (also on video)

GatorGrip and Crotchulla were here as well and joined in on the fun. Lots of good stuff. So much so I can't even remember all of the things we did. We did some Blobs, 2" vbar, bending, grippers, etc. We had a blast.

Gator or someone else will have to recap all of the bending and other things that took place because I just don't remember i t all.

I'll get all the video sorted out as soon as I can. I am traveling a lot for work the next two weeks so not sure when I'll be able to get any of the extra footage prepared, but it will be coming shortly.

HUGE Congrats to Wes on his MM2 closes and all the other PRs he set today!! Great job buddy!! :bow

pc

Good Golly Wes, Impressive stuff to say the least!