John Brezenk Vs. Rustam Babayev

Florian Kellersmann

I think it was 95, match with Megaman. And yeah, he (Megaman) didn't know a thing about AW it seems!! At least not much.

He played Boagrious in the movie Troy (HUGE guy, the first guy Brad Pitt kills in the movie).

This scene completely ruined Troy for me. I was willing to keep an open mind with Pitt as a legendary warrior but when he jumped in the air like some sort of Forrest Fairy, I knew I'd just wasted my money.

Who's to say the move in the movie wouldn't be effective in real life?

I think if memory serves......that Achilles was supposed to be fast agile and amazing with the sword. Not big slow and ordinary with his sword technique.

I thought the move was cool..........

But hey I actually liked Troy.......

This scene completely ruined Troy for me. I was willing to keep an open mind with Pitt as a legendary warrior but when he jumped in the air like some sort of Forrest Fairy, I knew I'd just wasted my money.

jad: you're one of the funniest guys in this board... I mean, "Forrest Fairy"?? HAHA! .. Achilles was supossed to be "the one with quick feet", according to the book (just translated that from what I remember in spanish to english, so in your books it could be written differently). Still, hilarious comments... I'm still smiling :P

I think it was 95, match with Megaman. And yeah, he (Megaman) didn't know a thing about AW it seems!! At least not much.

He played Boagrious in the movie Troy (HUGE guy, the first guy Brad Pitt kills in the movie).

He has to jump around like a fairy... the wanted to whip him for his impotence! :yikes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5FwoIILiA

• 2 months later...

John Brezenk Vs. Rustam Babayev probably 14 april 2007

John weighed 201 at the Arnold's this weekend, he sure has been dieting. He said he's close... just a few more pounds, then dehydrate himself to the weight he needs to pull Rustam (86kg? 189olbs?) .. He won the Arnolds, but he didn't seem dominant at all vs. Marcio or even vs. Ryan Espey.. but he won, he beat them, some on fouls, some not... good match vs. Ron Bath in the finals, beat him clean. He said he ate a lot from day 1 to day 2 because he felt shaky on day 1, LOL... ARMTV rocks. :P

(lol) you have to remenber that through Greek mythology Achilles was a Demi-God (one of his parents was a greek god) hence he was a little special. :laugh

Some retarded loser wrote the following on YouTube:

s1lentkrnsou1jah (2 days ago)

ya magnus would destroy brzenk at arm wrestling

He obviously has no clue.

That being said, I think the Rustam match would be interesting. John went from a totally dominating monster back to world class puller in just a matter of a few months. I think Travis could have beat him at this Arnolds -- what a contrast between this Arnolds and the last one -- or better yet, what a contrast between this Arnolds and all of 2006 for John?

Four or five months ago, I would have said John all the way -- that Rustam would not have a chance. Now, I think it can go either way ...

Edited by G-Man

Why wasn't John so dominant anymore at the arnolds? Weightloss?

Why wasn't John so dominant anymore at the arnolds? Weightloss?

I don't know what G-man is on.....but taking Ron Baths hand like he did at 200 pounds makes be believe Rustam will have no chance stopping Johns top roll......

But it is noticeable and john says so himself that the weight loss has and will effect him. I think he will beat Rustam....I think if John goes up early he will hook Rustam to see if he can match him at that weight....

I Think after weigh ins John could get some good food down and then he will be even better....

I believe that it will win Rustam

John has been dieting very hard.....too hard.... for the Rustam match. His idea of dieting is coffee and protein bars and thats about it.

When he pulled at the Arnold on friday he had not eaten any breakfast and was drained. Then he realized he had to eat more for Saturday. The dieting has definately affected him.

Here is the thing about anyone. While on the way down to a weight you restrict calories and therefore energy. If was at 201 for a month before the Arnold, I think you would still see a dominate John.

As far as Rustam, He has the same problem, If he could get to 190 and stay there for awhile, I believe he would beat him easily. BUT do diet and then pull him, he is in trouble. Forunately, he gets to weight in on Thursday at noon and armwreslte on Saturday night.

Thanks for the insight from first hand, Bob.

John has been dieting very hard.....too hard.... for the Rustam match. His idea of dieting is coffee and protein bars and thats about it.

When he pulled at the Arnold on friday he had not eaten any breakfast and was drained. Then he realized he had to eat more for Saturday. The dieting has definately affected him.

Here is the thing about anyone. While on the way down to a weight you restrict calories and therefore energy. If was at 201 for a month before the Arnold, I think you would still see a dominate John.

As far as Rustam, He has the same problem, If he could get to 190 and stay there for awhile, I believe he would beat him easily. BUT do diet and then pull him, he is in trouble. Forunately, he gets to weight in on Thursday at noon and armwreslte on Saturday night.

I think thats really good news....

The way you mention days and pounds is actually funny... what is he gonna gain, like 10 pounds in 2 days? :P

I agree, from the videos he didn't seem domating at all after all the dieting!! Yes he won, yes he beat Bath, but he didn't do it so dominantly as he had been pulling the past months. I hope after beating Rustam, he gets back up to at least 215 and TOYS with all the heavyweights like he's been doing, heh.

The way you mention days and pounds is actually funny... what is he gonna gain, like 10 pounds in 2 days? :P

I agree, from the videos he didn't seem domating at all after all the dieting!! Yes he won, yes he beat Bath, but he didn't do it so dominantly as he had been pulling the past months. I hope after beating Rustam, he gets back up to at least 215 and TOYS with all the heavyweights like he's been doing, heh.

Yeah he will gain like 10 pounds....if not more...

Especially if he goes the dehydration route....

Also taking Ron Baths hand shows some domination....

dont forget who were talking about . john has more than one cat in the bag . most of the recent vids i have seen he makes them a challenge to him self and lets everyone hit first. no technique like he' s training then pulls them down . :blink we will see in the end

Easily...fighters will put 10-20 lbs from one day to the other...may not be the best thing, but if you get a chance to watch a big boxing match pay attention to their weight class and their weight the day of the fight.

In 1992 I weight in at 154 at about 7pm friday night and on saturday at noon I weight 167.

I predict that John will make wieght 189.5 and by saturday night he will be about 210

In 1992 I weight in at 154 at about 7pm friday night and on saturday at noon I weight 167.

I predict that John will make wieght 189.5 and by saturday night he will be about 210

Mr. Brown, are you serious? 20 pounds in less than 2.5 days? What is he gonna do, eat a cow? I don't understand how it works though, wont it be 20 pounds of FAT he's adding? Because he's probably not lifting those 2-3 days before pulling!!

Mr. Brown, are you serious? 20 pounds in less than 2.5 days? What is he gonna do, eat a cow? I don't understand how it works though, wont it be 20 pounds of FAT he's adding? Because he's probably not lifting those 2-3 days before pulling!!

If you noticed I gained 13 pounds in about 17 hours and I only weight 167. John is around 200. Bye the way he came over today and he weight 199. He is pulling a tourney on Saturday. 3 weights classes....198....220.....supers.

When you have been dieting very hard, practically starving yourself, for a long time you are dehydrated and malnurished. Then you start drinking and eating alot. Your body is like a spong. It will absurb alot. I know John will be about 195 when he wakes up on Thursday. He will then dehydrate the last 5.5 lbs. The 5.5 will come back on in about 15 mins. drinking fluids. Then after drinking and eating for 2.5 more days. Trust me he will be at least 210.

As for what the weight is. Mostly just fluid re-hydrating his whole body. Remember water is very heavy.

I think John will crush him. I find it funny that because John didn't dominate Ron Bath or Marcio that people are doubting him. How many time has Rustam beat either one? How many guys out there can claim a victory over either one? If he had to actually weigh 189, 5 min before the match it would be one thing but like Bob said, he'll easily be over 200 come show time.

I think John will crush him. I find it funny that because John didn't dominate Ron Bath or Marcio that people are doubting him. How many time has Rustam beat either one? How many guys out there can claim a victory over either one? If he had to actually weigh 189, 5 min before the match it would be one thing but like Bob said, he'll easily be over 200 come show time.

The real tell all about the outcome of the match for me is the fact that I haven't see Rustam pull in an open class ever.......he sticks to his weight category and doesn't pull the big boys in the tournaments.......at least at all the zloty tournaments I have seen him at.