John Brezenk Vs. Rustam Babayev

Florian Kellersmann

This is from Armpower.net

We just got the message that John Brzenk and Rustam Babayev will cross their arms at the table in 86 kg category!!! The fight would take place in the first quarter of 2007 and it would be for belt and title of World Champion of PAL Org. The interesting thing is that not so long ago John weighted almost 103-105 kg!!

Both John Brzenk and Rustam Babayev accepted the challenge and have already started their preparations for this memorable fight.

If John Brzenk would win this fight then we would have situation that has never occured before in our sport - John Brzenk would be the first and only competitor who won Champion titles in all the heaviest weight categories and would be unreachable and probably for ever unbeatable Champion of Armwrestling.

This is interesting. I guessed that John will gain some weight again to meet Voevoda in a match. But know he searches a new challenge in a lighter category. It will be interesting to see them hook up... But I honestly think, Rustam won't have a chance...

Nice..........Johns gonna have to fun dieting......

Holy crap, down to 190lbs? I'm sure he'll lose some strength too, that's 20 pounds from his 209lbs he had last week.

You know how many times he has said he going down to the 187's to pull someone. He says that just before he asks me to pour him another beer and get some more nachos.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh buy the way, I'll be back at the 154's this year too.........John get me some ice cream...Thanks

Is this the same Timmy that thinks Samuellson would beat Brzenk.

This is funny considering you cleary don't know alot about armwrestling.

I do know Samuellson and was there when Bill Brzenk dumped him and we all know how John does against Bill.

As for now....Comments like this just might be the motivation John needs to lose the weight and pull Rustam.

Of course for the right $$$$$$ he would certainly do it. Possibly Timmy wants a wager.

• Like 1

Bob - could you describe the match between Bill B and Magnus S please? Was this an official match or exhibition? 1 time or multiple times? Where/when did it happen? Thanks.

Wade

Is this the same Timmy that thinks Samuellson would beat Brzenk.

This is funny considering you cleary don't know alot about armwrestling.

I do know Samuellson and was there when Bill Brzenk dumped him and we all know how John does against Bill.

As for now....Comments like this just might be the motivation John needs to lose the weight and pull Rustam.

Of course for the right $$$$$$ he would certainly do it. Possibly Timmy wants a wager.

Please, you are giving this Timmy way more attention than he deserves. Just ignore him.

• Thanks 1

You know how many times he has said he going down to the 187's to pull someone. He says that just before he asks me to pour him another beer and get some more nachos.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh buy the way, I'll be back at the 154's this year too.........John get me some ice cream...Thanks

:ohmy LOL......

Bob - could you describe the match between Bill B and Magnus S please? Was this an official match or exhibition? 1 time or multiple times? Where/when did it happen? Thanks.

Wade

I'd like to hear a bit more details too, please! :)

It was in Sweden back in about 97. Bill put Magnus in a hook after the tourney and put him down what look to be pretty easy. Bill said he was very strong.

I am sitting here with John. And he is actually considering trying to make the weight to pull Rustam. PAL ( pro armwrestling league ) is trying to set this up for possibly March or April. Now John just has to decided wether he can make the weight

Edited by bob brown

Bob, if you're there with him, could you ask him the question that EVERY single armwrestler and armwrestling fan has been asking themselves lately? Even YOU must know what I'm talking about: is a match with Voevoda happening or not!? :rolleyes

Will Rustam be allowed to pull with two hands? Maybe two hands and starting with John's hand already three quarters of the way down?

If not, I cannot even imagine how this will be interesting.

Bob, if you're there with him, could you ask him the question that EVERY single armwrestler and armwrestling fan has been asking themselves lately? Even YOU must know what I'm talking about: is a match with Voevoda happening or not!? :rolleyes

This match up is not up to John. Its up to PAL setting it up. I'm sure they wont set it up until Voevoda is back up to 270. So to anwser the question. I would not expect it until at least late 2007.

John Brzenk is an amazing armwwrestler.... anyone going up against him better watch out. However I dont see how he could have beat samulson "easy" thats just INSAINE. But I guess if you train for it.

My Trainer Rustam Babayev will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Brzenk is an amazing armwwrestler.... anyone going up against him better watch out. However I dont see how he could have beat samulson "easy" thats just INSAINE. But I guess if you train for it.

It was John's brother Bill Brzenk who beat Magnus, John is much stronger than Bill.

However, it was in 97' and Magnus is much stronger now than he was then, a lot heavier also.

Here's an early video of Magnus AW-ing some huge dude... MEGA-MAN. Does anyone know what year this was taken?

The MEGA-MAN made the mistake of turning his body to the "break-arm" position. :ohmy

Here's an early video of Magnus AW-ing some huge dude... MEGA-MAN. Does anyone know what year this was taken?

The MEGA-MAN made the mistake of turning his body to the "break-arm" position. :ohmy

I think that was in the late 90's. They had AW as an event in "the wordls strongest man" back then. I think they stopped after that break happend. The big guy was a "strong man" not an AW

I think it was 95, match with Megaman. And yeah, he (Megaman) didn't know a thing about AW it seems!! At least not much.

He played Boagrious in the movie Troy (HUGE guy, the first guy Brad Pitt kills in the movie).

I think that was in the late 90's. They had AW as an event in "the wordls strongest man" back then. I think they stopped after that break happend. The big guy was a "strong man" not an AW

Magnus looked very light. Not like today. He looked like a little school-girl next to that guy! :whacked

Anyways (forgot to mention), Bill Brzenk brought Magnus down "easily" and it was in 97-98, around the time Magnus won his only WSM championship?? And Bill was probably 200lbs, if that, I guess.

I think it was 95, match with Megaman. And yeah, he (Megaman) didn't know a thing about AW it seems!! At least not much.

He played Boagrious in the movie Troy (HUGE guy, the first guy Brad Pitt kills in the movie).

This scene completely ruined Troy for me. I was willing to keep an open mind with Pitt as a legendary warrior but when he jumped in the air like some sort of Forrest Fairy, I knew I'd just wasted my money.