3rd Annual Grip Assault Challenge

davetps

Okay a couple of updates for you.

1. The rolling thunder will no longer be a hang, but a pull down hold, both handles will be attached to our twin stack pull down machine with equal weight in each hand you will grad the handles and sit in the chair pulling that weight of the stacks with arms fully extended. You will have to hold the weight strong for 3 or 5 seconds, (not yet determind) for a complete lift. this will be a raising bar event. Person who holds the most weight for the time wins. This is the same as a timed hang but now all the weight will be even for everyone.

2 I have made a 1, 7/8" v-bar handle, I have tried it out myself and like it alot. I am going to let the guys try and give me some feed back, but I think this will definitely be an event. So if you can get your hands on some inch and 7/8 steel pipe I would recomend you start practicing.

I like both ideas, howabout I bring my thick (2 1/2) inch smooth finish wrist roller? It's all set to place in a rack and so far it's been tested to 250 lbs.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay a couple of updates for you.

1. The rolling thunder will no longer be a hang, but a pull down hold, both handles will be attached to our twin stack pull down machine with equal weight in each hand you will grad the handles and sit in the chair pulling that weight of the stacks with arms fully extended. You will have to hold the weight strong for 3 or 5 seconds, (not yet determind) for a complete lift. this will be a raising bar event. Person who holds the most weight for the time wins. This is the same as a timed hang but now all the weight will be even for everyone.

2 I have made a 1, 7/8" v-bar handle, I have tried it out myself and like it alot. I am going to let the guys try and give me some feed back, but I think this will definitely be an event. So if you can get your hands on some inch and 7/8 steel pipe I would recomend you start practicing.

I like both ideas, howabout I bring my thick (2 1/2) inch smooth finish wrist roller? It's all set to place in a rack and so far it's been tested to 250 lbs.

ONl;y 250 Tom? I thought you were stronger than that! LOL

Bring what ever you want, always looking for new things.

Events are finalized.

1st. Double rolling thunder hold. This will be done on our twin stack pull down machine, equal weight in each hand. Take your grip of the handle and then drop to your knees. Weight must be held for a toal of 3 seconds. 3 atemps to get the heaviest weight. Rising bar event.

2nd. Grippers. Standard set to parrell and crush.

3rd. 3inch bar one handed deadlift. Lift to be done to complete lock out to count. 3 attemps for heavist weight. rising bar event.

4th. hub lift. Using all iron mind equipment. rising bar event, with 3 attemps

5th. Thick v-bar. this is the first ever tried in grip contest and the first one ever made. same rules as a regular v-bar apply.

On that note we will be producing these v-bars as well so if you want one let me know in advance and you can pick it up at the contest.

Entry for will be on our web site in the next couple of days.

Dave, what's the diameter of the thick vbar?

The diameter is 1 7/8" inches.

Same thickness as the end of a standard barbell

Actually Dave, the end of a standard (olympic) bar is 1.95 inches, your measurement of 1 & 7/8 inches yields a size of 1.875 inches. I'm very detail oriented as you know, just not very strong LOL!

Very cool events! :rock

Dave, what's the diameter of the thick vbar?

The diameter is 1 7/8" inches.

Same thickness as the end of a standard barbell

Actually Dave, the end of a standard (olympic) bar is 1.95 inches, your measurement of 1 & 7/8 inches yields a size of 1.875 inches. I'm very detail oriented as you know, just not very strong LOL!

Thanks tom I can alway count on you to break out the calipers!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know that we have some request for the thick V-Bar and 3" axle so we started to make them for anyone else who is interested. The V-Bar is going to be $61.00 and the 3" bar is $130.00. If anyone wants one please call me or send a deposit and we can have them made for pick up at the contest to make things easier. I need any orders in 2 weeks before the contest.

Thanks

Who all is competing for sure in this comp? And who is on the fence? I will be there for sure...I think this is going to be a very fun and competitive contest :mosher

I look forward to seeing everyone :mosher

Chad Woodall

Who all is competing for sure in this comp? And who is on the fence? I will be there for sure...I think this is going to be a very fun and competitive contest :mosher

I look forward to seeing everyone :mosher

Chad Woodall

Good question Chad! I know I got a couple of people who said they are definitely coming, I would like to start getting some aplications, I know its still early guys but the better idea I have of how many are coming the better response I will get from sponsers. Those of you who have been to my contest before now we do have some of the best if not the best prize packs and goody bags, and thats all because we give the sponsers and definite number of people who are attending. Applications or on our website, you can e-mail that to me if you want and send your check made out to TPS in the mail.

My e-mail is

Dave@totalperformancesports.com

The address here is

305 Broadway

Everett Ma 02149