Ironmind Tweeny Grippers

diesel

Myself and Nick tried this out (no warm ups mind) and agreed it is both wide (more than a standard gripper between the handles) and on par with a Super Elite. It was even tough to set so hard at the beginning, easyish through the middle / sweep and then we both had it down to more or less a 1/4 inch.

Edited by mobsterone

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• Number Ten Ox

• diesel

• PowerHouse

Myself and Nick tried this out (no warm ups mind) and agreed it is both wide (more than a standard gripper between the handles) and on par with a Super Elite. It was even tough to set so hard at the beginning, easyish through the middle / sweep and then we both had it down to more or less a 1/4 inch.

very nice for an unseasoned 3.5!

Doable once it has hard some seasoning. More so if I keep the CoC 4 negatives up (which I had been doing the day before).

Got my 2.5 in today, it is exactly like my RB240N except the sweep is harder. On my scale calibration they register the same weight. The 2.5 is harder to close no set or CCS, but with any set just beyond the CCS, they feel exactly the same. Slightly dissapointing, I was hoping it would be a little harder. I would call it a 2.35, 2.4. Definatly not halfway in-between the 2 and 3.

Got my 2.5 in today, it is exactly like my RB240N except the sweep is harder. On my scale calibration they register the same weight. The 2.5 is harder to close no set or CCS, but with any set just beyond the CCS, they feel exactly the same. Slightly dissapointing, I was hoping it would be a little harder. I would call it a 2.35, 2.4. Definatly not halfway in-between the 2 and 3.

If that's the case, it`s perfect for me. Sounds like the 2.5 may be right between the #2 and the BBSM. Just get a BBSM if you want a 2.6 - 2.7 level gripper and that would be a perfect progression.

OH BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I've been patiently waiting for my tweeners, I've just read Steve's posts and wondered why mine haven't arrived yet, so I checked and realised that I didn't confirm the transaction! So I've been waiting foer grippers I haven't bought yet! D'OH!

I'm off to buy some tweeners, and beat my head against a brick wall.

My #2.5 is also slightly easier than my bbsm. i would say it is a 2.5.5.

Awesome!! That is exactly what I wanted hopefully mine is like yours.

Twig that sucks... it will be there soon enough.

Edited by PowerHouse

OH BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I've been patiently waiting for my tweeners, I've just read Steve's posts and wondered why mine haven't arrived yet, so I checked and realised that I didn't confirm the transaction! So I've been waiting foer grippers I haven't bought yet! D'OH!

I'm off to buy some tweeners, and beat my head against a brick wall.

Im still waiting for mine to arrive from the U.S , however I think Pullums will be selling them soon .Ive also ordered the new Gillingham DVD which should be good

Ironminds' delivery time seems to get quicker and quicker. I ordered a 1.5 and a 2.5 on the 17th of November and they showed up at my doorstep 5 days later and I live in Vancouver B.C. so they had to go through customs.

The 1.5 feels slightly harder than my 2003 #1, I would rate it more like a 1.3 I guess. The 2.5 feels pretty darn close to half-way between my #2 and #3 but like most people have already said, it will probably ease up as it seasons more.

Hopefully the 2.5 will get me to the point where I can actually cert on the #3.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how they compare to the original Silver Spring Grippers?

I have a Silver Crush #2 (+ T & #3), the new #2.5 is still harder. My SC #2 is around 2.2 - 2.3.

Im holding off on the grippers right now, since I dont have any and im going to take my christmas money and guy buy a whole damn set trainer to #4 and see how they all compaire. I kick myself for getting rid of my BB'ers and my #3 but oh well.

Got my 3.5 from FHS in today. As always Randy makes a beautiful gripper. I like all the markings on it, the new springs look great also. Mine had a severe creak so I oiled it, took one no set squeeze and checked the spread, 2 7/8". I tried it twice and closed it twice, my grippers have not been good lately. I tried my hardest BBE for a 3rd attempt and missed it, so I would say they are close to one another.

Just got a 1.5 and a 2.5. I've move and lost most my record, so I can't give dates on the grippers I use for comparison.

The 1.5 is slightly easier than an very old 1. The one was from right after they dropped the siver springs. That one is a bit wider than the new 1.5. Sorry, I don't even have access to a tape measure.

The 2.5 is very simular, given my lack of training I can't close, so I'm not sure how simular, but very, to a couple year old 2. It was bought shortly after they started double stamping.

I had hoped both would be a bit harder than they are. But, that's they way it goes. The 1.5 will be great as that old 1 has a lot of use and do to being wider it twists a bit when closing, so I never wanted to do a lot of reps on it.

The 2.5 is not even remotely close to the original silver spring 2 I have....

Just got in a 1.5, 2, and 2.5 (And to echo what others were saying, Ironmind just keeps getting quicker, I'm in South Korea and it took 6 days.... scary)

I only had one of each T, 1 and 2 from late 04 for comparison, so that's what my figures are based on.

New 1.5 = 1.4

New 2 = 2? I don't know if I had an especially hard 2, because the new one is eaiser... My old one would rate a 2.15 between the new 2 and 2.5

New 2.5 = I don't have anything for comparison, but it's definitley going to get closed before I hit 10 reps with my old #2

Also got my Bag of Nails yesterday... I'm already hooked!

Just got in a 1.5, 2, and 2.5 (And to echo what others were saying, Ironmind just keeps getting quicker, I'm in South Korea and it took 6 days.... scary)

I only had one of each T, 1 and 2 from late 04 for comparison, so that's what my figures are based on.

New 1.5 = 1.4

New 2 = 2? I don't know if I had an especially hard 2, because the new one is eaiser... My old one would rate a 2.15 between the new 2 and 2.5

New 2.5 = I don't have anything for comparison, but it's definitley going to get closed before I hit 10 reps with my old #2

Also got my Bag of Nails yesterday... I'm already hooked!

6 days to south korea! Man that is fast. Enjoy the nails they are addicting.

I got my results from my grippers and the actual poundages required for close as rated by the Redneck Gripper Calibrator. Much thanks to Greg Amidon for the ratings!

Here are how they rated:

IM 1.5 - 92.5lbs

IM 2.5 - 122.5lbs

IM 3.5 - 180lbs

To give you an idea.. the 3.5 rated the same as my MMG4 replica, inbetween my BBE and BBSE.

pc