Ironmind Tweeny Grippers

diesel

Thats a pretty good idea Richie. Mine already shipped, I will be getting my 2.5 on the 22nd and it will be closed on the 23rd. It will be here on a wednesday but my normal gripper days are sunday and thursday so I will have to fight the temptation to play with it the day I get it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• Number Ten Ox

• diesel

• PowerHouse

Actually the 3.5 would be the perfect gripper to make a cert list for, there is no one on it. There won't be, "well, back when I did it", or "he closed it with a 1/4" set and then they moved the rule to parallel, then it was a credit card, then no set, then you had to do it after playing dizzy bat no set with your left hand while picking your nose" and so on. They could start the list clean with the rules and then there would be a leveler playing field to judge with.

If I were on the #3 list, and if I thought I could close a 3.5, I would want to be on a new 3.5 list. Unfortunately, there are probably a few people who should not be on the current list. Getting certified on a 3.5 would be an honor. The Mash Monster list is extremely prestigious. Like the MM3 and above, an IM 3.5 list would be a Big Deal.

I don't think a 2.5 certification list is something that should be pursued by anyone except those with too much time on their hands.

Mike Corlett

Sub-3 Credit Card Set Closer

Matt,sorry about the name screw up. Jeff, mine would have shipped yesterday but i gave a discover card forgetting they dont accept that card. so when i called today i ordered it priority.i am a 1/4in. away from closing my BBSM with a no set so it will be interesting to see if i can close the #2.5. hopefully wont be an overlap.

I don't have any BB grippers (yet) but I think my RB240N would be just about as close to a 2.5 as you can get. The only problem I have with my RB240N, and I have not tried any other RB grippers so I don't know if they are all like this, is that the sweep is very very easy. To get the gripper to parallel is only about as hard as closing my filed #1. My buddy gets to about the same point on the RB as he does on the #2, but the RB is definately harder, but only in the last part.

Strossen Strikes Again!!! :blink:bow:yikes:D

Actually the 3.5 would be the perfect gripper to make a cert list for, there is no one on it. There won't be, "well, back when I did it", or "he closed it with a 1/4" set and then they moved the rule to parallel, then it was a credit card, then no set, then you had to do it after playing dizzy bat no set with your left hand while picking your nose" and so on. They could start the list clean with the rules and then there would be a leveler playing field to judge with.

That's an excellent point, but I think you can probably say the same thing about certing on the #3 in 2006 and thereafter. The 2006 #3 cert list is very short (3) and is of course now a far loftier achievement with the new rules. I really don't think the rules will change again. And surely the current #3 cert is open to anyone who certed when the rules were more vague and would like to be in the rarified and indisputable company of the certified 2006 #3 closers.

The list of those who certed on the #3 in 2006 is still shorter than the entire #4 list. A #3 cert under the new rules is a HUGE achievement imo.

Duncan

What nobody else has asked is: If you close the #3.5, do you certify as a Captain of Crush and a half?

Edited by WildGorillaMan

No, you won't be certified.

Edited by Alawadhi

any of you west siders who paid the extra shipping get yours yet?

i have at least till friday or saturday to wait....i am hella anxious.

Mine were waiting for me when I got home today. I forget if grippers always look so shiny when they're new, I like it. My 2.5 measured 2 15/16" spread before I touched it and the 3.5 measured 3 1/8".

Got the 2.5 with a MMS on my first try. Next I tried a no set. It was a no-go. Did it twice more MMS and got to 1/8" with a CCS.

The 3.5? Yeah... It'll get me a lot closer to closing the 3 and give me a goal for after the 3 but... Not for awhile!

Great grippers and great fun!

ps I live in Bellingham, WA. An hour south of Vancouver BC, Canada. Two hours north of Seattle. So everyone on the west coast should be getting thiers soon.

Edited by Number Ten Ox

And I also claim the lightest person to do so. 139#'s yesterday!

Just recieved my 3.5. I got it to about 1/2" with Franky watching on the webcam. Can't wait to chalk up and try it when I'm all warmed up.

- Aaron

Just recieved my 3.5. I got it to about 1/2" with Franky watching on the webcam. Can't wait to chalk up and try it when I'm all warmed up.

- Aaron

Hehe,

out of the package, no chalk no warmup, at work.

I talked him into doing it.

Thanks, nice show man.

I'm bummed out, I just talked to a lady at Ironmind about when I was to get my gripper, I ordered it on the 15th, she says that because they sent it ups and this coming week being all screwie(thanksgiving) I may not get it till next Tue. Arghhhhhhhh!!!

I just recieved my 3.5 First thing I did was calibrate it. Out of the package it calibrated to 185 pounds.

2 brand new #3s out of the package calibrated at 160. A brand new #4 right out of the package calibrated at 217.5. The 3.5 landed almost perfectly in the middle... It rated a little harder than my Elite plus which calibrated at 182.5

The gripper is great looking but the IM knurling is just sub par in my book, I have been spoiled by the new tettings.

Greg

Curious to see what they season down to after a while. 160# down to ???

2.5 feels like a 2.5 maybe a hair easier. 3.5 feels just like a 3.5. It's harder than my MM3 replica. greg you need to calibrate my #4 something tells me its gonna be harder than 217.5lbs to close :tongue I am really happy that I bought the 3.5. I feel it will help me quite a bit.

2.5 feels like a 2.5 maybe a hair easier. 3.5 feels just like a 3.5. It's harder than my MM3 replica. greg you need to calibrate my #4 something tells me its gonna be harder than 217.5lbs to close :tongue I am really happy that I bought the 3.5. I feel it will help me quite a bit.

Kevin send any grippers you want calibrated to me and I will do them all for ya. I will return them ASAP with information on which calibrated to what and information on how they rate in relation to the grippers we have calibrated.

Greg

Chris, I am going to count reps on these grippers and measure them from time to time and plot out the seasoning process.

Well I just found out about this new toy, so I ordered me one, can't wait to give it a squeeze :rock

I am guessing its around my rb300 level. should be a nice addition to the collection.

Chris, I am going to count reps on these grippers and measure them from time to time and plot out the seasoning process.

That would be very useful information.

Baring in mind I ordered mine at the same time as those paying express service in the US fees it's cool that the 3.5 arrived today.