Joe Kinney

BRETTY1

7 3/4" I think...

7 3/4" I think...

talk about overcoming genetics! Is it true that Mr. Kinney failed on the #1 first try?

7 3/4" I think...

talk about overcoming genetics! Is it true that Mr. Kinney failed on the #1 first try?

When I ordered his video (which I highly recommend) a few years back I wrote him a letter asking him some questions and he was kind enough to answer each one. I asked him:

"what gripper could you close when you first started"

He responded "About 4-5 days after I got the #2 I could close it. I never ordered a #1--- just started out with the #2."

When I ordered his video (which I highly recommend) a few years back I wrote him a letter asking him some questions and he was kind enough to answer each one. I asked him:

"what gripper could you close when you first started"

He responded "About 4-5 days after I got the #2 I could close it. I never ordered a #1--- just started out with the #2."

You have no idea how GREAT it is that you have cleared this up, as the rumor that he was unable to close the #1 at first is very wide spread nowdays, it seems. So his handstrength was quite a bit above average to begin with, since the avg. man can't close the #1 first try, and he closed the #2 in 5 days, heh.

7 3/4" I think...

Whats there to overcome? Close to 8" hands is well above average I believe....

7 3/4" I think...

Whats there to overcome? Close to 8" hands is well above average I believe....

Exactly.

Given that IM / Randall used to claim that he asked for a 3 and they said 'buy a 2 - very few shut a 3 first time out' and then added 'but in a very short time he had overcome the 2 and then the 3' god knows where a stupid rumor about him struggling with a 1 came from.

Plus give me a break about hand size. It is tired and boring. Joe didn't ask about hand size - I doubt he even cared he just got to work and kicked ass.

7 3/4" is avg as far as I saw discussed here....

I thought it was more like 7 1/2. Keep in mind that most of us here are bigger than average.

Plus give me a break about hand size. It is tired and boring. Joe didn't ask about hand size - I doubt he even cared he just got to work and kicked ass.

That's right, I doubt it never crossed his mind.

yea when you look at the entire world, 7 3/4 hands are way above the averege, but having big hands isnt everything

yea when you look at the entire world, 7 3/4 hands are way above the averege, but having big hands isnt everything

atleast not over here, when looking at older ppl it seems that 9" is the minimum...

No idea how long they are but in the video they look very thick and rugged.

atleast not over here, when looking at older ppl it seems that 9" is the minimum...

Over there... in giantland?

Edited by superfeemiman

Given that IM / Randall used to claim that he asked for a 3 and they said 'buy a 2 - very few shut a 3 first time out' and then added 'but in a very short time he had overcome the 2 and then the 3' god knows where a stupid rumor about him struggling with a 1 came from.

That pretty much sums it up. Kinney trained harder than just about anyone, and it showed.

• 4 months later...

Anybody has photo Joe Kinney ?

Photo of Joe Kinney http://www.rbjapan.com/joekinneyopeningabeer.jpg

some topics on him

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=joe+kinney

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=joe+kinney

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=Sea...lite=joe+kinney

by the way guys, I read the old topics and someone mentioned Joe Kinney used to pass the INCH from hand to hand!!! is it true?

by the way guys, I read the old topics and someone mentioned Joe Kinney used to pass the INCH from hand to hand!!! is it true?

Haha, this guy is the best example of being legendary! :D

The 4# close is being discussed, the Inch passing, the 1# close..........

For me he's the real deal - if he had done the Inch thing and the 4# or not! :rock

Alawadhi,

Joe Kinney told me quite some time ago that he could pass the Inch from hand to hand. I didn't see him do it personally, therefore I'll let you decide as to whether or not he did do it.

• Like 1