Maryland State

GarytheDino

I saw some familiar faces from the gripboard today. Dan Praydis Jr. beat me for first place right hand.

I'll try to post some pictures in my gallery although that match was over before the camera captured it :blink

Now Gary is not telling the whole story.He won 1st Place Left Hand and 2nd Place right hand.He is a very nice guy when you meet him.As for me I was knocked out of the Masters Division.Maybe next time.I also saw Rob Vincent Jr. he was doing well too.It was a very long and tiring day.My son Dan Jr. and Gary did very well for beginners in the sport of Armwrestling.If they keep it up they will be a force to be reckoned with. :tongue

Dan/Gary: Great job.

Dan: Should that be Rob Vigeant?

-Jedd-

Dan/Gary: Great job.

Dan: Should that be Rob Vigeant?

-Jedd-

yes your right jedd

Any idea how he did/ How he is doing? Is he doing any Grip training?

Hey Jedd! been a while,hope all is good in your neck of the woods.I took 1st in the 220 class and withdrew in the super heavies due to fatigue,plus I had a side bet with George Stanton(top ranked puller)and didn't want to blow my wad in the big class,took 3rd

I do still grip train,a little differently now but my hands feel as strong or stronger than ever.

Dan P. did we pull in the heavies?? not sure if that was you

Hey Rob, it has been rumored about you that you can close the #4 the normal way and inverted way. Is it true? If yes then really WOW!

Rob,

GREAT to see you posting. You should let us know when you are pulling next time, I bet a lot of people would try to come watch.

-Jedd-

Hey Jedd! been a while,hope all is good in your neck of the woods.I took 1st in the 220 class and withdrew in the super heavies due to fatigue,plus I had a side bet with George Stanton(top ranked puller)and didn't want to blow my wad in the big class,took 3rd

I do still grip train,a little differently now but my hands feel as strong or stronger than ever.

Dan P. did we pull in the heavies?? not sure if that was you

hey rob you did pull my boy he was the one with long hair and you fouled out the first start and he said you have one hell of a pull then you got him the second start he was glad you beat george stanton because my boy had him and he pulled his arm off the pad to get a second start this was my sons first time and the start was his worst part and that was georges best trick a fast hit sorry we didnt talk to you but you were in a zone when i finally figured out who you were. and we had to leave early we didnt think it would take all day and the friend that came with us had to get home to watch his baby his wife called about 10 times my boy didnt even get to take a group photo take it easy and keep up the good pulling you are one of the best new pullers i have seen :mosher

Sounds like youa re doing well, Rob. Keep up the good work.

I think this is the first time I see Rob V. Jr. posting on this board since I'm a member. It sucks when someone so gifted is not doing what you'd like to see him doing! :P .. but hey, AW is darn cool, and of course pays more than gripping so, keep on pulling!! :rock

Well done, Gary, Dan and Rob of course!

I think this is the first time I see Rob V. Jr. posting on this board since I'm a member. It sucks when someone so gifted is not doing what you'd like to see him doing! :P .. but hey, AW is darn cool, and of course pays more than gripping so, keep on pulling!! :rock

I still love the grip world,but the truth is my grip put me on the fast track in the sport of armwrestling.

I still toy around,I'm due to pop into a grip tourney in the future and party with some old friends

Edited by monkeypaws

That would rock, for you to show up at one.

I sure hope this time someone shares the pics of your feats (catching a rafter, one-arm pullup holding a blob), because these are some amazing feats that I keep hearing about, and would love to see a pic (heck, I'd pay to see it! Maybe 1 or 2 bucks though, heh), yet I can't find any.

Hold up.........a one arm pullup holding a blob!?!?!?!?!

Was this a 50lb blob??

If true that's incredible! Please tell me there is a video of this somewhere!

Was this a 50lb blob??

My same reaction when I read this. But I don't know if it was a 50 blob, it could've been a smaller one, but still incredible if it was one over 30lbs...

Was this a 50lb blob??

My same reaction when I read this. But I don't know if it was a 50 blob, it could've been a smaller one, but still incredible if it was one over 30lbs...

I believe it was a 35lber. I have done one arm pullups with 50 lbs of weight........not a blob though

That's insane: one because anytime you're adding weight to a 1 arm pull up you're already alien, two, Rob weighs right around 200lbs I think so it's a whole different feat than the 140lb gymnast doing it.

I believe it was a 35lber. I have done one arm pullups with 50 lbs of weight........not a blob though

O. M. G.

Like jad said, you're not a lightweight gymnast doing this, you're close to 200lbs of weight (if you compete in the 198lbs in armwrestling). And you can add 50lbs of weight to a 1-arm pullup? Even if it's not a blob, that sounds insane. I wonder what it feels to do a regular pull-up for you, two-handed and just bodyweight, if you can do 1-arm with extra 50lbs.... my goodness.

Which leads to me wonder: If you can lift all that, close to 250lbs with ONE arm, how much weight could you do in a 2-arm pullup? BW + 200lbs? I mean, if your strongest arm can handle close to 250lbs, then your other arm sure must be able to handle at least 200 or your own BW which would be close... put that together and it's almost 450. Of course, it might not work like that, hence I ask if you could "only" hang 200lbs around you for a regular pullup. :)

I have done a few reps with 175 tied to me......but it was a really bad set up and never went heavier.....I can definitely do over 200

I have done a few reps with 175 tied to me......but it was a really bad set up and never went heavier.....I can definitely do over 200

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Am I the only guy who tells you is a fan of yours? Wow, I should add a signature in all my posts, like people do, and just put: lifetime goal: be a strong as this monkeypaws guy!! .. I have no idea if you can get any stronger than you already are, but if you're actually training seriously, and getting stronger week by week, then within a couple of yours I just don't know what people will comment on your feats, hehe. Amazing stuff, keep it up!