Armwrestling In Australia

verdigriz

Hey guys I have just recently migrated to australia, melbourne and want to join a club but I am having trouble finding anything in the local directories and online, if anyone knows of some contact info or links it would be much appreciated, thanks.

apart from the champion any other help? :cool

I have only met 1 Austrailian armwrestler and it was at the worlsd in South Africa. He had said that their are very few clubs so timmy may be your only hope

http://www.armwrestling.com.au/

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/armwrestling/

Found this there: Contact Richard Aplin: Richard@armwrestling.com.au (ph: 0422 973131 international: +61 422 973131) for more information on arm wrestling in Australia.

He might know if there is something in your area.

Edited by Svedberg

I don't think those websites have been updated in a long while, armwrestling.com.au still has a flyer for the 2002 aus grip championships in the "upcoming tournaments" section. He also used to be in Sydney, but by all means give him a call you might be in luck.

He ran the armwresltling competition on the footy show that year as I recall, and apparently there was a big armwrestling comp at a pub near me (sydney) recently, so it stands to reason that there's more AWers out there. Just a matter of finding them.

Good luck!

Hi guys, and thanks for the replies..

I contacted richard and well, in all due respect, it was no better than talking to a door handle, the man didnt have a clue...looks like I will just have to armwrestle friends :(

Why dont you start your own one? :D

Those Aussies need us Kiwis to start something they can end up taking credit for later. ;)

Why dont you start your own one? :D

Those Aussies need us Kiwis to start something they can end up taking credit for later. ;)

LOL, dont even get me started....

That could seriously be an option once I get more settled here, by the way man, how close ya to the #3 now and hows training going?

• 1 month later...

Hi Bud

Training going well, strength coming back fairly quickly. #3 is still being stubben but slowly surrendering.

Any luck with the armwrestling club? Would like to enter contest in the future.