Got it!!!!!!

Bearcat 74

Well, I finally did it!!  Friday Night at 6:22 EST the #3 went down!!  I thought I closed it a while ago but I didn't have any witnesses.  We were liftin' and I just decided to give it a whirl.  I had taken a week off of grip work to rest my hands.  I had benched and rowed, I closed the #1 6 reps then #2 for 6 reps, I rested for a couple of minutes, chalked up, and nailed it in front of 3 witnesses!  The crappy thing is I didn't think to get a picture!  I'm going to try to get some this week or next.  I feel better about closing the #3 than anything I've done dealing with weights. Just wanted to tell ya'll, because I've told everybody else.  I also wanted to sing the praises of this board.  Everyone seems willing to help, and it is a great asset to anyone who is serious about their grip work.  Without the info. on this board I know I would not be where I am in my training.   Thanks again.

Congratulations Bearcat or should I just call you Bear!:biggrin:  Your paws are surely as strong as one.  Once again, great job, can't wait to see you in Milo!

JD

Guest woody36

Bearcat,

congratulations,how does it feel to be

one of the Elite.

hope we see pictures posted soon.

all the best ...Woody

Woo Hoo is right!!  Congrats Bearcat.  How long were you working on the #3 and do you have any plans for the #4?

BC.

Thanks for the congrats fellas'.  I got the #3 on Jan.20 so I've had it about 2 months.  Strap holds and some forced closes are what put me through the last bit.  

Radiulis, keep working at it and you'll close it.  I was 1/8 - 1/16 for awhile.  Then I was pretty sure I closed it, then it was 2 weeks or so before I shut it again.  I was always missing it at around 1/16 or less.

As for the #4...HAHAHA It will remain a paper weight for now.  I honestly couldn't imagine having the hand strength to close that beast.  

Hopefully I'll have a pic in a week or so.  When I get one I'll send it this way.

Bearcat you son of a gun - we will soon be wearing our rings, t-shirts and have the certificates tatooed onto our butts!

Congrats again.