Steve Reagan/John Hicks Dual Cert

Bill Piche

Gripper is at the PO. I just need to get it tomorrow.

So, here we go!

Cert fees to me and let's roll! :)

Wanna,

I am ready but I'll need to PM Steve and see if he is ready as well. The weekend of the 9/23-9/24 is impossible for me, but I will be able to do it on the 30th (that's on Saturday). Would that be O.K. with you?

Looks like we'll be doing the cert on the 28th of October! I'll be ready by then!! :)

That's fine, but a long time. So, we'll let Greg Allen go first then if he's ready in a more timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...

John had to pull out. Steve can go on without him. He just needs a camera operator for himself.

I'm just not ready to do it at this time. Lots of other things going on in my life right now that I haffta take care of; it's just not right for me. So let's cheer for Steve as he goes it alone in trying to conquer the MMG2!! :bow:)

Aww John, could you at least open the box for him :laugh

LOL. Maybe I can teach my wife the Sybersnott art of box opening.

Bill, to be clear, it is okay for my wife to open the box for me on camera as long as she adheres to the rules? Shows the seal of the box, the unbroken sticker on the gripper, handles, etc?

I am on the road traveling for work right now so I still will not be able to do the attempt until this weekend. If it is all the same to you Bill, I'd rather do the attempt Sunday instead of Saturday. It won't change the return ship time for the gripper and it will give me an extra day of rest which I am gonna need. I don't want to count myself out, but I know that if I close this thing it is going to be by the skin of my teeth due to my work schedule lately. I will power through and give it my best attempt.

Steve

The gripper has arrived, BTW. It is waiting patiently at my home about 5 hours away from my current work location.

The gripper has arrived, BTW. It is waiting patiently at my home about 5 hours away from my current work location.

Good luck!

Aww John, could you at least open the box for him :laugh

LOL. Maybe I can teach my wife the Sybersnott art of box opening.

Bill, to be clear, it is okay for my wife to open the box for me on camera as long as she adheres to the rules? Shows the seal of the box, the unbroken sticker on the gripper, handles, etc?

I am on the road traveling for work right now so I still will not be able to do the attempt until this weekend. If it is all the same to you Bill, I'd rather do the attempt Sunday instead of Saturday. It won't change the return ship time for the gripper and it will give me an extra day of rest which I am gonna need. I don't want to count myself out, but I know that if I close this thing it is going to be by the skin of my teeth due to my work schedule lately. I will power through and give it my best attempt.

Steve

That's fine. The key point is showing the box opening and the seal, the handles, and getting a good video. Even if you did it yourself.

I'm DYING to know how Steve did... :):cool

I'm DYING to know how Steve did... :):cool

Well, I am sitting in my hotel room doing work 3 hours away from home right now. I attempted the MM2 this afternoon around 4:30 PM before I hit the road again for work. It was a failed attempt and I could not believe how far off I was. My training has not been consistent enough lately (due to no fault but my own). It was not even close and nowhere near how close I got it when I unofficially squeezed it after Chad's MM2 cert. You could have parked a bus between the handles today and it is nobody's fault but my own. The MM2 and I will meet again, God willing.

:trout

My wife will be shipping the gripper back for me, probably tomorrow. I have told her how it needs to be shipped and she is supposed to call me when she gets ready to take it so I can give her a last minute overview of the shipping instructions.

Steve

You'll get it next time MB! Get your training back on track and it should be no problem!

You will get it next time Steve for sure :rock Let me know if you need me to judge next go around.

Cool brother, thanks for the offer. I could have used some extra fire under me yesterday. It isn't the same when there is nobody there to watch you to create that "pressure" so you give it everything you've got.

Steve, to be honest with you... I feel like I'm in the same boat right now. My grip strength is way off and I contribute it to a whole host of things going on in my life right now. :(

Let's attempt another try at the MMG2 sometime early next year; I'll have my head on straight and be ready to give it my all. We'll even have Chad there to cheer us on! :cool

Hey John, that sounds good. I intend on having my training in order by then also. I know I can close that gripper if I train consistently for it. God willing, I will get on the list and attempt it again. If I'm not closing my BBE consistently by then, I will not even bother signing up. As I wrote on my training calendar in my garage ... "Yesterday is gone ...", meaning, no sense dwelling on what could have, would have, or should have been ... yesterday is gone and can't be recovered and I'll only worry about tomorrow's training days.

Steve, to be honest with you... I feel like I'm in the same boat right now. My grip strength is way off and I contribute it to a whole host of things going on in my life right now. :(

Let's attempt another try at the MMG2 sometime early next year; I'll have my head on straight and be ready to give it my all. We'll even have Chad there to cheer us on! :cool