When Should I Train My Grip(for Powerlifting)?

powerac

hi

am a powerlifter and i train using the Westside barbell programs. i assume most of you have at least some vague idea as to what it consists of. two days per weel dedicated to max.effort (1 for bench, 1 squat/deadlift) and two days per week for dynamic effort(1 bench, 1 squat/deadlift). altogether 4 training session per week.

am looking to train and improve my as well however and want to know which would be the ideal day to do it and for how long. i need to focus on supporting grip obviously but i also like training my crush grip too.

what i need to know is on which days should i train my supporting grip (or crush grip if i wanted to)? should i train my grip on the same day that i train for Maximum effort for the bench or deadlift/squat? or shall i do it on the dynamic effort days instead? what would be the right time to do it?

any info would be really appreciated

powerac

I'm still feeling my way around workout structure, esp. for grip, but I think for the most part grip work is most effective when done after (during) high-intensity workouts that don't specifically tax the grip -- thus, grip work right after presses & squats, but not so effective after pulling exercises, deadlifts, rows, etc. I don't really know what the ideal # of times per week is best; I used to think once a week was good, then I thought 2, now I think 3, and many around here seem to do it 4-5 times per week, or just whenever their hands feel recovered.