Arm Training And Armwrestling

JamesG

Im training arms 1xwk and pulling hard 1xwk. I need to do both regular curls and hammer curls and my question is do most of you guys do both on the same day and if so which one do you do first? I had thought about doing regular curls and hammer curls on seperate days but when you add in the armwrestling practice it seems like it would be tough to recover. What are your opinions on training arms and if you have a better option please share!

James

James, training both arm exercises on the same day is what I would doing. I would do the hammers first and from time to time the regular curls first. Change your routine from time to time - this is the key to progress! Good luck with your training!

Thanks for the reply. Do you agree that hitting the arms 1xwk if pulling 1xwk is suffiecent? Some weeks we dont get together to pull could I throw in a second arm workout if we dont pull? I thought about doing some lock work with dumbells on those weeks. thanks for your thoughts Florian. Keep posting guys. . .

Im training arms 1xwk and pulling hard 1xwk. I need to do both regular curls and hammer curls and my question is do most of you guys do both on the same day and if so which one do you do first? I had thought about doing regular curls and hammer curls on seperate days but when you add in the armwrestling practice it seems like it would be tough to recover. What are your opinions on training arms and if you have a better option please share!

James

i do all my arm exercises the same day like flo said i did preacher curls hammer curls wrist curls table curls armwrestling the machine and innertubes and my son sunday that was a real good work out i still feel it today my arm hurts on the outside you know the spot the main armwrestling muscle tomorrow i will do the same thing over when this gets stale ill change it every 3 days ill do bench and triceps and lats the days after a workout if your not sore do more or get more intense good luck in your next contest

Ive had decent results with both methods. If Im pulling every wk then hitting arms 1xwk is probably plenty. After this weekend Im going to pull every other wk and hit arms 1-2xwk depending on if Im pulling. For Example a 2 wk period would look like this:

Monday-arms

Thurs-a/w practice

monday-arms

thurs-arms mostly lock/static work

This allows me to do full range work, partials and pull often enough to improve. We will see how it works. James come to a practice! :)

I like that setup and 2xwk for arms is probably about right so if your pulling just hit em once and if not hit them twice. What does everyone else think?

ill hit a practice sooner or later. lol

• 2 weeks later...

yes imo 2 times a weekis plenty....hammer curls after normal curls imo...but before them or instead of them..pullups are imo much more productive than isolation exercises...thats to say, if you dont do them already.