Cleve Dean´s Strength

gripuru

I just want to know if someone knows if Cleve has developed all his strength by just working on his farm and if he ever did any arm wrestling exercices with dumbbells, pulling or something, etc.

Edited by gripuru

I just want to know if someone knows if Cleve has developed all his strength by just working on his farm and if he ever did any arm wrestling exercices with dumbbells, pulling or something, etc.

in his words when he was on tv 20 years ago he said lots of hard work and the man up stairs if he would of worked out with cables and weights his best saying was if you wont lose you cant be beat he got to over confident and i think thats what hurt him :whacked

• 1 year later...

At 3:06 I hear Cleve mentioned Steve Woodall, the father from big Chad (tootall). I can't understand what Cleve is saying about him, maybe someone can help me out.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

At 3:06 I hear Cleve mentioned Steve Woodall, the father from big Chad (tootall). I can't understand what Cleve is saying about him, maybe someone can help me out.

... even though there was a guy from the East coast when I first started, sure gave me a fish? Steve Woodall... man, that joker was all man then, and no doubt about that!

I think he was somehow referring to being owned? It could be a common phrase in the South? Maybe a contraction of this?

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

I believe he said "sure gave me a fit".

Meaning, the guy gave him a very hard time.

You may be right. ;)

Check this out...

Count how many times the Czech guy lifts his elbow and doesn't get called. :rolleyes

This is from an Ask John Brzenk page:

"I have known Cleve for about 15 years now. We have only pulled against each other at three different organized tournaments. The first in 1986. It was at an Over the Top qualifier event in Houston Texas. That was the first time I felt the awesome power of Cleve Dean. His hand to say the least felt very uncomfortable to me. We slipped grips on the first go, and after being put in the straps he beat me easily. Later that same year I got a chance to spend some time with Cleve in New York at a toy show that had to do with the dolls made of us for the movie Over The Top. During this time we spent a lot of time on the table and I soon realized what would work and what to avoid. I didn't pull Cleve for 10 years after my experience at the toy show, but I knew in my mind I would have a chance the next time we would meet. That next time would be in the finals of a Yukon Jack tournament in I believe 1994. My strategy was to grab him a little lower an the wrist and hope my hand strength was enough to turn him into a hook, forcing him to beat me inside with his Arm strength verses that incredible hand that he has. This worked, and I won that Tournament...Later that same year I pulled Cleve in a small tournament on the East Coast using the same strategy I beat him there also. They guy your thinking of, I think is Bobby Hopkins it was a Steve Simonds WPAA tournament with the two go system, there was no strap, and once the competitors slipped they were required to pull to the end in a hook. I also was at that same tournament. If I remember right, I think Cleve was fouled out for not staying in a hook and Bobby did win that tournament."

Chad Woodall :D

I believe he said "sure gave me a fit".

Meaning, the guy gave him a very hard time.

You may be right. ;)

Check this out...

Count how many times the Czech guy lifts his elbow and doesn't get called. :rolleyes

It's funny how the ref looked so small compare to the 2 armwrestlers as if he's 10 old kid size

uh wow? lol that second picture comparing the hand sizes is really crazy? what is his hand size? i tried looking it up but couldnt find it.

uh wow? lol that second picture comparing the hand sizes is really crazy? what is his hand size? i tried looking it up but couldnt find it.

Been wondering the same thing for awhile actually, never really found an accurate answer but from several posts they stated somewhere about 11inches.

If Flo has 7.5" then this doesn't look more than 10" to me. Maybe even less.

the numbers i got of Cleve is wrist 10 and 3/4, tip of pinky to tip of thumb 10 and 3/4, Bottom of hand to the tip of the middle finger 9 and 3/4, Ring size 21

Edited by Robert Bishop

the numbers i got of Cleve is wrist 10 and 3/4, tip of pinky to tip of thumb 10 and 3/4, Bottom of hand to the tip of the middle finger 9 and 3/4, Ring size 21

Thanks, thats a big hand...