Brzenk Vs. Samuellson

Aftershock

Thats true. However, I put that clip up there to show that Magnus isn't just a strong man, but also a skilled armwrestler.

A real skilled armwrestler wouldn't be proud of this bad disaster happened to - I think - Nathan Jones. When I found out, that Magnus S. has put this clip on his website and his DVD (world strongest arms) I totally lost my respect for Magnus S. This bad injury has nothing to do with the strength of Magnus nor with his armwrestling abilities. It's just that Nathan Jones didn't know the correct aw-technique - not his fault if nobody teached him. JMO

Flo

Florian, since I've seen the vid, it did not look like he was proud of it at all. When Aftershock said he was trying to show that Magnus was also a skilled armwrestler, I don't think he was talking about the actual breaking of the arm, he was talking about the technique Magnus displayed in getting into that position. I think Magnus has the vid up because it is a pretty famous moment for him, his first big moment for that matter.

Thats true. However, I put that clip up there to show that Magnus isn't just a strong man, but also a skilled armwrestler.

A real skilled armwrestler wouldn't be proud of this bad disaster happened to - I think - Nathan Jones. When I found out, that Magnus S. has put this clip on his website and his DVD (world strongest arms) I totally lost my respect for Magnus S. This bad injury has nothing to do with the strength of Magnus nor with his armwrestling abilities. It's just that Nathan Jones didn't know the correct aw-technique - not his fault if nobody teached him. JMO

Flo

I agree with Flo. A good novice AW of a similiar weight would have likely done the same thing to Nathan. Nathan let his shoulder get in front of his hand and that's why he got his arm broke, it had nothing to do with Magnus's strengths or abilities as an AW. I think it's in bad taste to have it on his site but the real problem I have with it is that people who don't know AW really think that the break was a result of Magnus's strength. He's a skilled armwrestler so he knows this, which basically means he's either saying "I'm going to use my website to show how little Nathan knows about AW" or "Wow, I'm so strong I broke his arm" :whistel . Pretty misleading if you ask me.

I agree with Florian here, breaking someone's arm in armwrestling match isn't something to be proud of. Also proper judges might have prevented that one I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand where you are coming from on the whole "breaking the arm isn't a show of strength" thing, and i agree that breaking an arm doesnt mean that youre strong. But the thing is, is that i wanted to show that magnus has skill and experience in armwrestling... he used to be a champion, if that helps any. So i just wanted to make it clear that i wasnt trying to show magnus' strength through breaking an arm, but just that he has skill.

Im not an armwrestler, but because i get challenged to them once in a while and i basically give it all i have, it would be just dandy to know how to avoid breaking my arm :) any tips/links??

• 1 month later...

I think Brzenk might win depending on the circumstances - but if Magnus gets him in a top-roll....................................................................................................................................................

GOOD NIGHT BRZENK!!!

Edited by Timmy

Timmy: ask any armwrestler how many times they've seen Brzenk's wrist bent backwards. You'll be in for a little surprised. ;)

Samuelsson today wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell(he wouldnt in his aw prime either)

GOOD NIGHT, BRZENK!!!!!!

Yea Brzenk would beat him sleeping

Samuelsson today wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell(he wouldnt in his aw prime either)

GOOD NIGHT, BRZENK!!!!!!

I don't think you know about Magnus's AW back-ground?

Do you know about Brzenk's AW background? :whistel It would really get silly if it was 235lb Brzenk and not 198lb Brzenk.

GOOD NIGHT, BRZENK!!!!!!

I don't think you know about Magnus's AW back-ground?

Yea he won the european championship once or so. Do you want me to start listing all the wins Brzenk has in the heavyweights?(pls dont because it would take too much time)

Magnus would beat any armwrestler in a STRONGMAN competition.

Magnus would probably beat any AW'er in a gripper competition, as he is certified on the #4.

Magnus would get absolutely destroyed by many armwrestlers, including John Brzenk at his CURRENT weight of 234lbs (100+ less than Magnus?), and many others.

As someone stated, Magnus won the Euro's once or something like that, not a single world title as far as I know.

I really wish we could see this matchup take place. It's got me really interested.

Though it has no direct correlation with top level arm wrestling, does anybody know what sort of numbers Brzenk puts up in the gym?

Seems as though most AW fans say Brzenk hands down, and most strongman/strength training fans say Samuelsson.

As a layman, I can't see it being as clear cut as that in either direction.

It's just hard to imagine a 200cm, 150kg, thick wristed strongman with an AW background not being able to put up a fight. Especially after watching his dvd and seeing him bench 270kg for 2 w/out a shirt, curl 140kgs for 4 reps, and close the #4 for a couple.

Benchpress numbers do not mean much in AW.

Seriously, the people who know about AW will not only say Brzenk-hands-down, but they'll say he's an overkill, and they'll find other pullers less powerful who could also take on Magnus.

Benchpress numbers do not mean much in AW.

Seriously, the people who know about AW will not only say Brzenk-hands-down, but they'll say he's an overkill, and they'll find other pullers less powerful who could also take on Magnus.

Are you kidd'n me!

Have you seen Magnus in real life? The man would easily hide Brzenk behind his frame. You imagine the leverage that Magnus could get from his body!!!!!!

This would be Brzenk's arm: :flame

Brzenk is probably a champion, but in matches, the bigger guy always wins!

Brzenk would let Magnus hit, smile at him, and then put him down slowly and tell him great match because he's not only a great AWer but a great sportsman. In other words you'd never see Brzenk put a video of him breaking someone's arm on a website.

Brzenk would let Magnus hit, smile at him, and then put him down slowly and tell him great match because he's not only a great AWer but a great sportsman. In other words you'd never see Brzenk put a video of him breaking someone's arm on a website.

Now that would be a mistake to someone like Magnus.

Are you kidd'n me!

Have you seen Magnus in real life? The man would easily hide Brzenk behind his frame. You imagine the leverage that Magnus could get from his body!!!!!!

This would be Brzenk's arm: :flame

I dont know too much about armwrestling but the things you say are not true, Magnus destroyed Nathan at the WSM armwrestling event, and Magnus was way smaller than him. Also at arm wrestling the most important exercice is side pulling, curling dumbells or barbells help nothing to improve your armwrestling strength.

John would TOTALLY beat Magnus and even more right now that John seems to be stronger than ever.

gripguru, great point !!! Magnus totally owned "Megaman", who was about 3-4 inches taller, and WAY heavier than Magnus (Magnus was much lighter back then, he had thin legs even). I'm no expert in AW or strongman or anything, but I think Timmy has absolutely NO idea what he's talking about.

Your posts ARE jokes right???

What else, or hes just a stubborn Magnus fan. And well i like Magnus too, but him armwrestling Brzenk would be like Brzenk trying to compete with Magnus in the atlas stones

I have no real experience but Magnus is really strong at strongman. Brzenk is really strong at AW. So Brzenk<Magnus in AW. I am fan of

Magnus but there is only one truth.

Edited by Alawadhi

I have no real experience but Magnus is really strong at strongman. Brzenk is really strong at AW. So Brzenk<Magnus in AW. I am fan of

Magnus but there is only one truth.

You just said Brzenk is "inferior" to Magnus in AW, was that what you mean??