Brzenk Vs. Samuellson

Aftershock

I've always thought about different matches between two beasts at arm wrestling, and only one stands out to me as one I'de love to see, John brzenk vs. Magnus Samuellson. I really couldn't say who would win, so I'de like to see what you guys think, and maybe give a few matches that you would like to see.

Brzenk I think......

The strength required for there 2 respective sports makes it hard to decide.

But I am almost sure Brzenk would win, but if he couldn't and Voevoda came back to armwrestling I am sure he would make Magnus look like a girl.

Brzenk I think......

But I am almost sure Brzenk would win, but if he couldn't and Voevoda came back to armwrestling I am sure he would make Magnus look like a girl.

Brzenk would toy with Samuellson armwrestling but Samuellson could just crush him with a stone. Both are the best in there respective sports. Hard to compare

Hard to say, both are/were champions, and I doubt they ever faced before. I want to say Samuellson, honestly.

Brzenk I think......

Brzenk would toy with Samuellson armwrestling but Samuellson could just crush him with a stone. Both are the best in there respective sports. Hard to compare

I don't think so. When my 80kg friend gave Mags an AW - using two hands. My friend couldn't move his arm, no matter how hard he tried! :ohmy

I don't think John would stand much of a chance.....

Edited by Timmy

Brzenk I think......

I don't think so. When my 80kg friend gave Mags an AW - using two hands. My friend couldn't move his arm, no matter how hard he tried! :ohmy

I don't think John would stand much of a chance.....

John would have your buddy and you pull with both your hands......and you guys would go no where.

Now something not related to your post.

It's easy to assume the bigger man will be better. But I think that is a mistake when it comes to something such as armwrestling. It requires far different strength than strongman.

With Magnus's size it's easy to think he has a chance (a greater chance than the average lifter). But I don't think he does unlike I said in my previous post. At the most maybe Brzenk takes a few seconds to get him down. In strongman Brzenk has no chance.....and vice versa......

You have to remember that Magnus was a champion armwrestler, so it's not like the strength required in armwrestling is new to him.

I don't know who would win, but I'm leaning on Brzenk given that he's still armwrestling at a top level.

That's right, Samuelsson has competed in armwrestling too, if not so much but still has, so he's not your average strongman who wouldn't have any idea about armwrestling techniques.

Edited by Teemu I

Brzenk would totally win this match, he much more experience than Magnus and he had also copmpeted against much stronger wrestlers (Lupkas, Cleve Dean, etc and won)

Voevoda (if he return and train) could totally destroy Magnus.

That is my opinion. Best wishes

Pablo

Magnus has strong hands and strong arms - no doubt. Also he is a former armwrestler. But JOHN BRZENK is from another planet. He could easily move Magnus down, I'm pretty sure. Nobody in the world is stronger with the right arm right now.

I'm sure that many top armwrestlers could beat Magnus.

• Like 1

Marcin Kreft who is a top arm wrestler that weight about 220 - 240 pounds did an armwrestling match against Mariusz Pudzianowski some years ago (2,3 or 4) and he won. I dont remember much but i think he won easily.

Florian or guys that know much more than me about armwrestling, this is true not?

Best wishes

Pablo

Marcin Kreft who is a top arm wrestler that weight about 220 - 240 pounds did an armwrestling match against Mariusz Pudzianowski some years ago (2,3 or 4) and he won. I dont remember much but i think he won easily.

Florian or guys that know much more than me about armwrestling, this is true not?

Best wishes

Pablo

I don't know about this match, but you can ask Marcin at www.armpower.net

Brzenk would totally win this match, he much more experience than Magnus and he had also copmpeted against much stronger wrestlers (Lupkas, Cleve Dean, etc and won)

Voevoda (if he return and train) could totally destroy Magnus.

That is my opinion. Best wishes

Pablo

I thought he lost to Cleve Dean once Cleve began training again?

I am no expert, but it's funny how people think Magnus has a chance.

Grip strength sure is important in arm-wrestling, but IT'S NOT EVERYTHING! .. There have been AW'ers with incredible handstrength too... I recall someone saying that Cleave Dean closed a #3 the first time he ever saw one. I don't know how believable is this, but Dean in his prime was the most dominant AW'er (along with Brzenk).. this was 80's and early 90's ? Many experienced pullers say that the biggest hand they ever grabbed was Dean's. Dean was a huge guy too, I think as tall or taller than Samuelson if he is 6'5". And over 400 pounds, his forearm is also one that many pullers say is the biggest they've seen. Yet, Brzenk took him down, and I think he was pulling in the 198lbs class back then? ;-)

Armwrestling is more complex than it appears to be at first sight. Magnus was european champion.... but Brzenk is in the Guinness world record books, as the greatest puller in history. And he has totally dominated the scene for close to 20 years (or so?). He won the Over the Top championship (you know, for a truck, just like the Stallone movie) and that was like in 86? And he is STILL the best..... and you guys think Magnus has a chance? I don't. It'd be a great match to see, but I think Brzenk has probably faced several tougher opponents, even if none of them comes close to Magnus' achievements in the grippers, rolling thunder, etc.

John would win. Magnus was a decent armwrestler when he left the sport to pursue Strong Man, but by no means was he a monster. He won Europeans once I believe (could be wrong). I've seen Sharon Remez crush him (but then again Sharon is one of the best on the planet at any weight). John is far too versatile and experienced to lose a match like that, especially against someone who hasn't trained specifically for armwrestling in 10 years.

John is a machine..........If you have never seen him armwrestle a monster, you would never understand. "He is better at arwrestling than michael Jordan ever dreamed he could be at basketball".........I love that quote.

peace all.pull hard!

You have to remember that Magnus was a champion armwrestler, so it's not like the strength required in armwrestling is new to him.

I don't know who would win, but I'm leaning on Brzenk given that he's still armwrestling at a top level.

Well that depends on what exactly his championship is.....and how many years he trained specifically for armwrestling. Because not every tournament that you get a championship from has top calibur pullers at the event.

I would wager that he might even hurt himself if he tried, because I dunno if certain muscles used in armwrestling are as strong as other mucles in his arms that he uses for strongman.

Well that depends on what exactly his championship is.....and how many years he trained specifically for armwrestling. Because not every tournament that you get a championship from has top calibur pullers at the event.

I would wager that he might even hurt himself if he tried, because I dunno if certain muscles used in armwrestling are as strong as other mucles in his arms that he uses for strongman.

Well, there are a limited range of muscles used in armwrestling, whereas strongman uses ALL OF THEM. :tongue

To my knowledge, Magnus has never quit training some of his old armwrestling exercises, and I believe is in fact going to return to armwrestling sometime in the near future.

Note that strongman requires a lot of biceps and wrist focus, these muscles are used quite a bit. He is very knowledgeable about technique as well.

I know John Brzenk is a beast from a totally different planet, but don't think he is unbeatable. He has been before, I'm sure it could happen again, by whom I dunno.

Well, there are a limited range of muscles used in armwrestling, whereas strongman uses ALL OF THEM. :tongue

To my knowledge, Magnus has never quit training some of his old armwrestling exercises, and I believe is in fact going to return to armwrestling sometime in the near future.

Note that strongman requires a lot of biceps and wrist focus, these muscles are used quite a bit. He is very knowledgeable about technique as well.

I know John Brzenk is a beast from a totally different planet, but don't think he is unbeatable. He has been before, I'm sure it could happen again, by whom I dunno.

LOL if that were True Pudz would be a beast in a sport he also likes which is armwrestling. But he loses to 198's and so on......

I think if he still trains armwrestling then he would give Brzenk a challenge. But John is out of this world in almost every strength aspect of armwrestling. And also smart and has the knowledge and strenght to put his opponent where he doesn't want to be.

I would love to see this match, and more matches like it. I think it would give armwrestling a lot more credibility as a strength sport. If the worlds strongest men and powerlifters and so on would be willing to risk there image in one of the most common playground strength testers (armwrestling) known to man.

Against some pullers that would look like they would be easily beaten. Such as Brzenk......

Then afterwouds ask Brzenk to deadlift and bench 500-600lbs.

Lol. Well, I remember Brzenk once saying something to the effect of, "Armwrestlers don't have to be very strong in the gym. Most good weightlifters could do better than any numbers an experienced armwrestler could put up. If weightlifting was composed of holding an enormous static weight, then maybe armwrestlers would be better weightlifters."

LOL if that were True Pudz would be a beast in a sport he also likes which is armwrestling. But he loses to 198's and so on......

Note that in the past, many powerlifters for example have been very competetive armwrestlers. Jim Williams comes to mind. I am sure other strongmen in the past have also enjoyed success in armwrestling, without much training.

It might as well be me vs. Brzenk. It's like taking a Ford Pinto and a Dodge Viper, and pitting them against an Indy Car...yeah the Viper will put up a better fight, but realistically neither one has any chance. I'd like to see Magnus and Vovoeda go at it, now that he's a bobsledder. Now that would be a match since neither aw's full time anymore. I still think Vovoeda would destroy him though. Brzenk is total overkill; I'd put $10 on MonkeyPaws over Magnus.

It might as well be me vs. Brzenk. It's like taking a Ford Pinto and a Dodge Viper, and pitting them against an Indy Car...yeah the Viper will put up a better fight, but realistically neither one has any chance. I'd like to see Magnus and Vovoeda go at it, now that he's a bobsledder. Now that would be a match since neither aw's full time anymore. I still think Vovoeda would destroy him though. Brzenk is total overkill; I'd put $10 on MonkeyPaws over Magnus.

good post, jad. I wouldn't put my money on magnus in a fight with Rob V. jr. either. Rob is doing very well in armwrestling and made himself a name in a very short time.

Rob is doing very well in armwrestling and made himself a name in a very short time.

Wasn'y he ranked third in his weight class here in America? I read that somewhere I thought, something like that...