Ape´s Grip Strength

gripuru

The title refers to GRIP strength

i'm pretty sure everyone is discussing overall strength now.

And i'm pretty sure it is HIS topic.

What is even the point of these ape gripstrength threads let alone getting serious about them? They are even sillier than the who has the biggest hands threads.

360 lb sumo wrestler in tug of war with 180 lb orangutan. This is far from scientific, and the camera work was lousy and didn't really show what was going on well, but it's something. Either orangutans have very different facial expressions than humans, or she was kinda bored through most of the contest.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60685/sumo_w...male_orangutan/

You could also say the orangutan outsmarted the man, who stupidly stood upright.

the video might be fake because how the hell can u get a max effort out an ape?

and jason the strength from the apes comes from thousands years of climbing, fighting, etc... not from 20 years walking on the hands :).

and how can somebody believe if someone says apes are 5 times strong as an average human male that its treu? u cant test it so good.

The title refers to GRIP strength

i'm pretty sure everyone is discussing overall strength now.

And i'm pretty sure it is HIS topic.

and?

unless you disagree with the truth of my statement your comment is a waste of my screen space.

On the video: at the end it looks like the sumo pratically jumps in. The orangutan also doesn't like she's trying or has any kind of strategy about what to do. in fact she frequently lets go leaving only one hand holding on to the rope.

another thing is that the sumo wrestler looks nothing in terms of physical strength. Even people that fat who powerlift have obvious muscle underneath whereas he's just fat.

360 lb sumo wrestler in tug of war with 180 lb orangutan. This is far from scientific, and the camera work was lousy and didn't really show what was going on well, but it's something. Either orangutans have very different facial expressions than humans, or she was kinda bored through most of the contest.

You could also say the orangutan outsmarted the man, who stupidly stood upright.

The entire orangutan only weighs 130 pounds. You mean to tell me, a sumo wrestler cannot pull 130 pounds off the edge of a platform (as fat and weak as he looked)! The sumo totally took a dive! ;)

unless you disagree with the truth of my statement your comment is a waste of my screen space .

Thank You :happy

hahahaha awesome - the chimp seemed to be using pure arm power, maybe its been watching magnus samuelson..although big maggy also uses some back an legs, an definately uses both his arms to the max, the chimp looked to be using about half an arm an nothing else, without being out of breath at all or even doing anything half the time..an you cant say the sumo wrestler wasnt trying, you could tell that rope was very tight an he looked to be strugling for all he had

the splash finish was simply to look better than falling on his head or something im sure, you can check out old strongman shows for exactly the same kind of entry

that video is fake. the chimp was happy and pround(while raising his hands) when he won. so how does a chimp know he won or lose? he is animal.

I dont want to exagerate but apes are stronger than what they look (in their upper body), so imagine the grip strength of the orangutan of the last photo I post if his hand is THAT huge.

Edited by gripuru

I dont want to exagerate but apes are stronger than what they look (in their upper body), so imagine the grip strength of the orangutan of the last photo I post if his hand is THAT huge.

He could TNS a #4! :laugh

that video is fake. the chimp was happy and pround(while raising his hands) when he won. so how does a chimp know he won or lose? he is animal.

Chimps are way smarter than most animals. A chimp probably has an IQ around 30. Many other animals, even other higher mammals, have an IQ much lower than that. Examples of intelligence difference between animals is if you place food on one side of a 4 foot wide glass barrier and the animal on the other is that a dog will go around the barrier pretty quickly yet somethig like an octopus would never figure it out.

All I know....is any human with that size hand would have a lot of people on this board assuming he is a monster and could do all sorts of different feats.

I have seen gorillas (spelling?) take super thick bamboo in one hand and just with the twist of the hand snap it at it's base and start chomping down on it. Now that is strong.....

Plus think of all the people in this world who are 20 times stronger than they look. Nothing is impossible. I think it's so cool thinking about how other animals and insects compare strength wise with us.