Mazza Lifts The Millennium!

Dan Cenidoza

No words of praise or congratulations, Steve? I thought you would be proud. :D

I believe John said it was 225.

Just as soon as I see a nice photo or video. Nowt to do with Mr Mazza but we've had claims before.

Congratulations! Any idea how much that particular Millenium Bell weights? I've seen weights for the bells ranging from 225lbs to 238lbs.

I've never seen that. They should all be 228 plus or minus 5lbs at the most as per our spec to the foundry.

I saw meatloaf post the 238lbs on grippermania, in a thread about trying to press the millenium bell once his friend Kevin gets it. I think Kevin is handgripperman here? Kevin's supposed to weigh it when it arrives.

This is the Millennium bell that im getting and joel sward wrote in this link that it weighs 238lbs. http://joelsward.stores.yahoo.net/miduat.html

Just as soon as I see a nice photo or video. Nowt to do with Mr Mazza but we've had claims before.

You know me Steve, as you do the people that witnessed it. Do you think I would just make a false claim on someone elses behalf?

Congratulations! Any idea how much that particular Millenium Bell weights? I've seen weights for the bells ranging from 225lbs to 238lbs.

I've never seen that. They should all be 228 plus or minus 5lbs at the most as per our spec to the foundry.

I saw meatloaf post the 238lbs on grippermania, in a thread about trying to press the millenium bell once his friend Kevin gets it. I think Kevin is handgripperman here? Kevin's supposed to weigh it when it arrives.

This is the Millennium bell that im getting and joel sward wrote in this link that it weighs 238lbs. http://joelsward.stores.yahoo.net/miduat.html

He's wrong.

You know me Steve, as you do the people that witnessed it. Do you think I would just make a false claim on someone elses behalf?

No. But I'll wait just the same. The last time it came up Kim Wood posted much the same and stated 'my word is bond' and so on - for a few paragraphs. I'm not questioning anyone or anything. Don't worry about whether or not I'll offer my congratulations - as soon as the photo and or video is posted they'll be there.

• Like 1

thanks for the kind words fellas... dan if you'd like, feel free to post the vid but i really feel that it was a shit attempt at best. i was actually more pleased with getting my final attempt an inch or so off the ground with no tilt. i felt bad that i didn't get to treat you guys to a better attempt, but knowing i wasn't really at my best tells me that it'll go sooner or later...

Sounds par for the course. Once you have it off the floor it's just time and effort as to how much higher. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos etc.

My word is bond too.

John,

The GBs 1. album the very first pic:

Steve vs MDB

• Like 1

Can't say that I'm surprised, we all knew it would happen soon. Great job, Ron!

Awesome lift. Though it appears as if your free hand is holding the bell, Steve. Were you?

[i'm off to the gym, I'll try and upload the footage later tonight.]

Way to go Ron somehow I'm not surprised though! :bow

there's a video in the old gallery archive of Steve lifting the Millennium. if i remember correctly it was a bit higher pull than in that picture.

congrats, Ron. that is an incredible feat! :rock

• Like 1

Steve, is there a video we can see of you lifting a Millennium bell?

Yes. By Gary Hunt at an OHF dinner a few years ago - see the tie in the mouth which people commented on when it was posted:

http://www.cyberpump.com/albums/albun04/aab.wmv

John,

The GBs 1. album the very first pic:

Steve vs MDB

Awesome lift. Though it appears as if your free hand is holding the bell, Steve. Were you?

[i'm off to the gym, I'll try and upload the footage later tonight.]

No. Check the head on video clip and you'll see my free hand ALWAYS rest against my knee. Side on and when the dumbbell is at knee height it appears to touch the bell.

On the witness or 'word is bond' issue. Any long term member with any kind of memory of grip board posts will know that at NO time did any video or photo appear of John Wood lifting the Millennium other than the one where he is bearing the dumbbell having, by his own admittance, lifted it from the back of a pick up and allowing the weight to rest against his thigh. I've already reminded those posting and reading this thread of the whole word is bond issue. Various claims have been made about feats of strength which lead to the setting up of the locking of threads under certain situations (world record claims without video proof and later on the MM closes).

Of Joel Sward, Mark Henry and myself there are photos and video. If any member thinks that they can bully me into posting congratulations by raising the same question they raised 3 years ago (John) or asking a question asked before (Dan asking what John asked then) or by suggesting that their word ought to be enough they are mistaken. Look at my initial reply to this thread. It suggested nothing, it asked nothing and it disparaged no one. I only said that I'll wait on the video and or photos. If you don't like my response you don't have much of a choice. I will be more than happy to add Ron to the very short list as and when the video is uploaded later.

One final word on any effort made by Ron, Mark or any other board member - tilt as much as you like and ignore the comments, should there be any, of those who say it must be lifted untilted. They didn't set the challenge and their names aren't likely to be listed anytime soon.

Edited by mobsterone
  • Like 1

Outfrickingstanding, Ron.

Ron, a truly exceptional lift!

Ron,

Wish i was there to see this history. You are amazing.

-Jedd-

Props to Kim and John Wood for lugging that beast out on short notice for Ron to take a shot.

So did John Wood -another Millenium lifter-lift it in front of all these witnesses also?

Since he was there and all.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Ron,

Congrats!!! :rock Good luck in Utah!!!

Great job! you are a monster!

btw mobsterone what is your hand size?

Tom, actually he got it about an inch off the ground despite having a nasty strain in his back. I've seen him do it before as well.

Props to Kim and John Wood for lugging that beast out on short notice for Ron to take a shot.

So did John Wood -another Millenium lifter-lift it in front of all these witnesses also?

Since he was there and all.

Great job! you are a monster!

btw mobsterone what is your hand size?

Big

lucky!

:rock:mosher:rock:mosher:rock:mosher

Congrats Ron!!!!