Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

June 7, 2006

Another rest day, my back is really killing me. Skipped gymnastics today so I could rest up.

Hand could squeeze without pain today.

HORRIBLE DAY. Just didn't have any motivation or energy.

Back hurt too much for just about all of my normal workouts.

Had a little strongman comp with my friends. Events included pinch, crucifix lift, axe levering, weaver stick, and olympic press.

Pull/chinups:

1X4 frenchies (just to see if I could. I hear four in a row is hard so I had to test it.)

Pushups:

1X80 fast

Handstand:

3X1 FULL RANGE handstand pushups (chest to table. My 1st attempt at full range handstand pushups.)

1X1 handstand pushup

2X2 handstand pushup

1X4 handstand pushup

1X5 handstand pushup

Abs:

5X30sec L-sit

5X30sec L-hang

5X15 hanging knee to chest raises (Done in multiple climbing grips)

Planche:

3X4second straddle planche attempts

3X10 second advanced tuck planche

2X30 second ball planche

Back:

1X50 leg raises

1X50 torso raises

Hand:

3 finger (1st joint) open grip

3 finger (1st joint) half crimp

3X4 finger (1st joint) half crimp

1X30second 4 finger (no thumb) pushup position

Toe:

2X30second big toe stand

Leg:

Ran for two miles

Edited by Ivarboneless

Hand and elbow are healed now, I just better take it easy.

Pushups:

1X1 (each hand) one arm pushups

1X5 (each hand) one arm pushups

1X20 elbows in

1X22 elbows in

1X30 elbows in

2X40 elbows in

1X10 5:5 elbows in

Handstand:

2X1 full range handstand pushup

1X45second hold

1X10 second rigid hold (flexing entire body hard)

Dips:

1X30

Toe:

2X30second big toe stand

Abs:

2X2minute hollow hold

GREAT DAY!!!!

Back is better, but still hurt a bit too much to do a full workout.

Went to the rock gym for four hours. Did a lot of overhangs. Lots of bouldering. Good deal of campusing. Fair share of dynoing. Pretty much just a full breakdown of everything except slabs and balancy stuff. Worked a good deal on technique for vertical climbs. Also did a lot of climbs with mantels.

Hands are really tired. I don't get to go to the gym (or rock) very often so when I do I really hit it hard, not really any resting just straight climbing.

Abs:

1X120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X110 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X2minute hollow hold

2X20 hanging (bar this time hands too tired) knee to chest raises

Pull/chinups:

1X20 chins

1X20 pullups

1X4 frenchies

Back:

1X50 leg raises

1X50 torso raises

Toe:

5X30 second big toe stand

Hands are really tired. I don't get to go to the gym (or rock) very often so when I do I really hit it hard, not really any resting just straight climbing.

Ya, I'm the same way, most I ever get for rest is a trip to the bathroom/ water fountain.

Whew! I really felt strong today, which is kind of weird since today is my rest day (I rest the day before gymnastics), and I am usually pretty tired by the time I get to my rest days. I SET A NEW & IMPORTANT pr TODAY!!!

Abs:

1X120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X200 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X170 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X150 V-ups

1X2minute hollow hold

Pushups:

1X95..........PR (a PR is always good, but I was really pissed that I didn't push it to 101)

Toe:

1Xwalk up stairs crimp style

Leg:

1 mile jog

I am keeping cardio in my workouts because I am planning a backpacking trip, and I don't want to be the chump who gets winded and slows everyone down. I am always the guy who slows everyone down, so I am going to do my best to keep up this time. God willing, I expect to hit 101 pushups in about three workouts.

1st off understand that I do all of my chins/pullups on a set of monkey bars, in my backyard, that my dad built like 10 years ago.

I also made this "Mr T. chin" name up, there is probably a real name for this.

A "Mr T." chin is where you grab the railing the bars fit into. Basically it's chining with your palms facing each other. But it's a little more complicated than that because you pull straight down towards your hips instead of just attempting a normal chin with a different grip.

I got this name because of the way Mr T. was doing chins in the movie Rocky 3.

I Do Mr. T pull ups but it is different. I only named them Mr.Ts because I take a 17.5lb chain and hang it around my neck and at the begining of every set I say "I pitty the fool!!!"

I like your workouts man, great stuff here, keep it up.

-Sean

Lol, I never noticed you had responded to my question about the pullups! I always called those neutral grip chins, Mr. T pullups sound a lot better tho.

I Do Mr. T pull ups but it is different. I only named them Mr.Ts because I take a 17.5lb chain and hang it around my neck and at the begining of every set I say "I pitty the fool!!!"

That was the funniest thing I had heard all day. I had a good laugh at that one. Thanks smp I needed that.(long day yesterday) :tongue

HARD DAY TODAY. Hand feels great and I don't think I even need to worry about the elbow anymore. My back is getting better (I think...) although super slowly. I pulled a muscle (?) doing front levers about 3-6 months ago (hence the lack of front levers in my workouts), so that plus the recent rings crap has left my back pretty beat. Going to get back to gripping thursday.

3 hours of gymastics today. Lots of rings strength. Malteses, Crosses (really close to a full cross) and Planches (all drills of course but still hard).

Chinups:

1X27 (too tired for 30)

I was going to do 1X25 pullups but I am too tired.

Edited by Ivarboneless

That was the funniest thing I had heard all day. I had a good laugh at that one. Thanks smp I needed that.(long day yesterday) :tongue

No problem man I will be here all year. Or until my hands fall off, and then buckle up for some crazy lifts.

-Sean

Those are some sick bends in your gallery smp. :rock

Today I am just really sore from gymnastics yesterday. Hand did not give me problems gripping today, so I am back on the road to grip strength.

Abs:

1X130 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X210 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X160 V-ups

1X2minute hollow hold

Pushups:

1X5

1X5 elbows in

2X10 (5 normal & 5 elbows in)

Hand:

Loads of gripper work with my left hand.

Had a grip challenge with my friends. (lots of pinching, but some V-bar type stuff and grippers)

Lifted the manhole cover to a full lockout right hand (just broke it left hand) fingers on smooth side.

Lateral pinch (thumb and index) lifted manhole cover to full lockout BOTH HANDS!! (thumb on either side)

Achieved a minor goal by lifting the cover to full lockout, but I really wanted to do it with both hands. I got two good rips at the base of my thumbs from the lateral pinch lifting, but I still locked it out so it doesn't matter.

Nice workouts man. What size lid are you lifting? Does it have a little lip underneath for your thumb or is it flat? Either way that's a nice lift.

Cover:

19 1/2 inches tall (diameter)

3/4 inch thick

50 lbs

I must have looked pretty weird out there measuring it then picking it up and bringing it inside. :tongue

There are little ridges on the thumb side. The ridges are really small though because the cover is so old. I put the thumb on the ridge side because if you put your fingers on the ridge side you could probably find a decent spot to cheat, but with your thumb on that side the ridging doesn't seem to make a difference since I dont hook my thumb around the ridge I just leave it flat.

Edited by Ivarboneless

That's pretty innovative thinking man. When we have to move them at work we grab 'em the other way with the fingers on the ridges, you can move them all day that way. We got them from that size all the way up to 26 1/4"(don't know the weight). I couldn't imagine being able to pinch those babies. Anyhow, nice pinch with an awkward ass item!

Thanks bro. 26 1/4" dang looks like I have a new goal. (If I can find one that big)

I had gymnastics for 3 hours today.

I ACHEIVED A GOAL TODAY!! I did a rafter chin from my monkey bar railing. The rails are 3 1/2" thick and 16" apart.

SET A NEW PR TODAY!! 4 consecutive muscle ups on my monkey bar railing (doubling my old record). The railing is pretty thick making this considerably more difficult than just a bar or thick bar muscle up. (my highbar mount :cool)

Hand:

4X250 finger flicks

Ripped a 1 1/2" phone book

Chin/pullups:

2X1 one arm chinups

1X25 pullups

Toe:

2X30second big toe stand

Handstand:

2X8second wide arm handstand holds

Back:

1X2minute arch hold

1X50 leg raises

1X50 torso raises

I am really happy with the way things have been going, I'm setting new PR's and achieving goals even though I have gained a good bit of weight. Hopefully the planche will fall soon.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Damn, some nice PR's there! Keep it up!

A couple more are:

100 pushups in a row (been adding 5 every workout somehow, this might go down soon)

35 chins

Pushups:

1X105 PUSHUPS!! YEAH BABY YEAH!! Finally surpassed this mental and physical barrier

1X35

1X35 elbows in

1X20 fingertips

1X1 thumbs only

Hand:

Lots of grippers

1X15 frog presses (pushup position then press fingers into the floor rising into fingertip pushup position)

Did a 2 finger (mid/index and mid/ring) both hands hang for 5 seconds from a 1/2"ledge

Did some three finger hangs and other grips on 1/2" ledge

5X30second pronated goosenecks

5X30second supinated goosenecks

Leg:

ran 2 miles (felt strong)

2X30second leg scissors

2X10 second leg scissors

Did a strongman type thing today with friends. As you can tell from my log I don't really train with weights, but man I love doing strongman. Clean and pressed a 90lb statue. Clean and missed a 130lb rock about 10 times :(. I also clean and pressed a trash can then held it aloft with one arm (wrist strength!!). Then we all did random stone pinching and other grip type stuff. We also did a stone carry with the said 130lb rock. I have a newfound respect for strongmen now.

Did a strongman type thing today with friends. As you can tell from my log I don't really train with weights, but man I love doing strongman. Clean and pressed a 90lb statue. Clean and missed a 130lb rock about 10 times :(. I also clean and pressed a trash can then held it aloft with one arm (wrist strength!!). Then we all did random stone pinching and other grip type stuff. We also did a stone carry with the said 130lb rock. I have a newfound respect for strongmen now.

Ya, I like mixin in a little strongman type stuff with my workouts. Sometimes me and my buddies will just mess around with my sandbag, or will try to work up in one-arm presses/push presses/jerks. It's a good way to put in a workout without really working out.

I am still really stoked about making it past 100 pushups :cool.

Hand is still good despite gripper volume.

Front lever: (it's been a while since this is the skill that caused my back injury)

1X2seconds (since it has been so long I video taped this to be sure....text book :mosher)

1X4seconds

2X3seconds

1X2seconds

2X10 straight body pulls through lever (back started to feel weak, but uninjured)

chin/pullups:

1X28 chins (missed 30 dang...I think I'll blame it on front levers)

1X22 pullups (missed 25)

Muscle-up:

1X1 railing

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X210 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X160 V-ups

1X2minute hollow hold

1X4 dragon flags on a coffee table

Boxing:

Went 7 rounds (3minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between) on the bag. It's been a while due to my injuries since I have fought, but I'm feeling good now so I want to get back in fighting shape.

Hand:

With all the goals that I have accomplished lately I thought I would give the thumb/index lateral pinch rafter chin another try, but still no go. Looks like I might actually have to train for this one.

I'm happy that the front lever is still in good form.

Killer workouts man. I just put a new pull up board in my garage and will take some picutres as soon as I finish the other three. Ther are more bent toward climbing. The are just 2"X6" with holes cut in the for hand holds and are then posted 2"-4" off of the ceiling. The photo will explain. It is my own indoor jungle gym.

Keep up the work man, look great! :bow

Thanks smp. I wish I had the space to build that kind of thing, looking forward to some pics!

Hand:

500 reps left hand on 3.5" 30lb store gripper

250 reps right hand same gripper

Heavier gripping

Abs:

5X5ab circles each direction

Planche:

5X10second advanced tuck planche

2X30second ball planche

1X2 ball planche pushups

1X4 ball planche pushups

1X6 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X8 ball planche pushups

Maltese:

10X10second fake maltese holds (on floor with legs down)

Handstand:

1X45second hold

1X5 handstand pushups

Pushups:

1X40 1:1

Hand feels kind of sore but I think that is from the little blister thing I got from hitting the bag.

Spent four hours at the rock gym today. Climbed, in control locking off on one arm, to the top of the peg board at the END of the four hour climbing session :cool. I love one arm chins.

I was really beat from climbing today and I have gymnastics tomorrow so that's all I did.

Three hours of gymnastics today. Took it pretty easy today.

1X2 V-sit (2sec) press to advanced tuck planche (2sec) press to handstand, return to planche (2sec) return to V-sit and repeat.

That is an awsome exercise. I didn't really plan on doing it, but I mentioned that I did gymnastics to some chicks so I had to show them something :cool. (a real planche would have been crazy)