Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

Hand injury right now :( so not much in the way of grip work today.

Pushups: Set of 80 explosive fast pushups. Sets of slow 1:1 pushups 40...40...20. Set of 10 5:5.

Planche: Straddle planche attempts 2X4 seconds. Advanced tuck planches 5X10 seconds.

Ball planches 2X30 seconds

Handstand: Two sets of five handstand pushups. One 45 second hold. Shoulder touches 10 each side.

Abs: 100 slow legs raised head to knees situps. Sets legs raised elbow across knees situps 200....150.

130 V-ups. 2 minute hollow hold. 2 sets 2 dragonflags on coffee table.

Hand: Rafter holds half pullup 2X10 seconds. Messed around with axe in garrage. (no pain in hand work but didn't want to push it)

Toe: 5X30 seconds stands on big toes.

Nice work, may have to get back into the planche workouts myself.

Rest day today.

Did a straddle planche attempt for four seconds.

Stretching: All stretches preformed for 3 sets of 30 seconds.

Middle, Right and Left leg splits

Toe touch

Calf stretch

Seal stretch

Wrist stretches all angles

Standing quad stretch

Shoulder stretching (forward and backward)

"Crash" stretch

Sitting toe grab

Butterfly (knees press towards floor, followed by head to toes)

Probably going to take another rest day tomorrow. Starting Wednesday is my annual end of the school year armwrestling spree. I hope I can finally go undefeated but I have some pretty stiff competition.

Cool stuff here bro, do you have any goals? Right off the bat I'm guessing a solid planche off the floor.

That man must be psychic! :tongue

I've got lots of goals but right now my big three are:

Straddle Planche

Iron Cross

One Arm Chin on 1/2 inch Door Frame

A couple more are:

100 pushups in a row (been adding 5 every workout somehow, this might go down soon)

35 chins

I have goals in every exercise that I do, but those are the ones that I want the most. Just got off a 9 month battle with shoulder bursitis, so I am mostly just trying to get back to where i was :( .

Edited by Ivarboneless

I guess I was just kind of lazy today. I had planned on doing abs but it never happened. Taking another rest day today.

Planche: 2X4second straddle planche attempts

Abs: L-sit 15sec

Squat: One set of 15 pistols each leg

Toe: Big toe stand 2X30seconds

Handstand: Hold 1X20 seconds

Hard to stay motivated today, just didn't get anything done. I think it is because it's finals week and my parents are really pressuring me. Did a few of those armwrestles early....undefeated so far......still 3 more days though :whacked .

On the other hand I had a killer day for field herping. Caught my 1st ever Lampropeltis calligaster. Not really such a feat but I have been herping the place where I caught it since I was seven. I have never seen any clues to the snake being in that area....no road kill or anything. Also nabbed an Opheodrys aestivus.

Had gymnastics practice for three hours....nuff said.

I had a grand total of 0 people accept an armwrestling match....??

I think I will just turn the rest of the week into normal workouts since all my armwrestles fell through :(

Any super-great core/ab workouts to share with non-gymnasts?

Any super-great core/ab workouts to share with non-gymnasts?

:cool Yeah, but with the internet nowadays you probably already read about all of them.

Dragon flags :rock

V-ups

Front lever

Hollow holds

L-or-V sit

.....TUCK PLANCHE!!!! (brutal on the abs.....provided your arms don't give out too fast :ohmy )

I don't know if my coaches are just old school badasses, but they have always told me that your abs are very resistant to training and you can train them every day. I train every day skipping maybe one day a week (if you get sore take a rest day, but after a while of every day workouts you don't really get sore from anything, ever). VOLUME IS THE KEY TO AB TRAINING!! If these are too easy or aren't what you are looking for, I've got some more creative ones. :inno

P.S. Do you have any hardcore rock climbing training I can do in my house to build technique. I think (may be wrong though) that I have good finger strength (and toe strength :tongue), but I don't feel like my technique is even close to where it should or could be. I can go to the gym only about once a month and rock about twice a summer :( .

I've got a V3 going from my bathroom to my sister's room :rock.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Pretty much resting my arms and legs from gymnastics yesterday. I have had bad experiences from exercising too often. The Confucius thing about going slowly is sooo true.

Abs: One set 110 slow, legs raised, head to knees situps. Sets legs raised elbows across knees situps 200....160. One set 130 V-ups (felt weak on these). 2 minute hollow hold. 5X30second L-sit.

Hand: Still hurts even when squeezing a 30lb gripper, but for some reason I get zero pain when doing rafter chins (although it hurts doing other pinch work :blink ). I took it light on the rafters anyway because I don't want to risk making my hand worse.

Rafter hangs middle position 2X10seconds. Rafter advanced tuck front lever 2X2seconds (Brad Johnson you are god. Rafter front levers :bow). FULL RANGE of motion rafter chins 2X2reps. Tried to do a thumb and index lateral squeeze rafter chin, no dice but I think I have a new goal. Aggravated some sort of tendonitis that has been bothering me lately, but I think I have it under control.

I went herping again today and while I didn't really have any luck I did find two hocky pucks. These hocky pucks have me an idea for a grip game! Both people pinch the puck in any style (thumb and index..all digits whatever you want) 1...2...3...GO. Just pull and whoever either gets pulled over or loses his grip loses. I played and it is quite fun although somewhat depressing :cry.

Pushups: 1X10 slow reps. Just to keep the blood going and maybe stretch me out a bit.

Toe: Walked up my stairs (13 in number) on my big toes alone. Anyone else do this? I think I invented it. Can you injure your toe from overworking it?

Oh yeah, my rafters are 23 inches apart and they slope (don't know if the slope makes it easier or harder, I would think easier, but I am making progress either way so it's all good)

LOADS OF ARMWRESTLING TODAY!!! :rock

I went 10 wins 1 loss 6 ties

All the ties came from my friend. (We seem to have exactly equal strength and endurance as each match went over 3 minutes and our longest took 7)

Hand: apparently healed now :cool did some crimping with zero pain and 30lb gripper with no pain. I took my best shot at a 2inch phone book....shoot. Got a good deep rip but I lack something, be it endurance technique or strength I just could'nt finish it. I ended up just making 2 one inch books out of it and finishing those.

MY ELBOWS ARE KILLING ME. FRICKIN TENDONITIS! :calm

I guess the rafter irritation from yesterday + armwrestling=PAIN...TENDONITIS

Abs: 120 slow legs raised head to knees situps. (weak I know but I had friends over all day and I'm tired plus I have to go work tomorrow.)

Pushups: 1 set 13 (PAIN)....One arm pushups 1 each arm (PAIN!!!!)

Broke a key yesterday :mosher

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I hope my elbows heal up by tomorrow (they usually do, but I am afraid this is worse than ever)

Crap. Elbows are still killing me.

Just rested today as I was busy and still sore as crap. (with added elbow pain)

Pushups: Set of 20 slow in the morning (pain)

Abs: 120 slow legs raised head to knees situps.

Toe: 6X30second stands on big toe alone. 2X30second toe crimps on the edge of a stair. Walked up the stairs twice on big toes. (toe was about the only thing I could work today)

Lots of ice on elbow I hope it pays off tomorrow.

ELBOWS!!!!!

Watched Clay's video and it inspired me to go and rip a deck of cards. Ripped my 2nd deck today :mosher.

Pushups: Pushup on thumbs alone just to see if I could. 60 fast.

Abs: 120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

Planche: 3X4second straddle planche attempts. 1X2sec straddle planche?

Handstand: 20 second hold.

Elbow is better but still painful, I might luck out on this one. Hand feels good, still a bit sore.

Pushups:

1X80 fast reps (felt weak on these)

2X40reps 1:1

2X20reps 1:1

1X10reps 5:5

1X5 Tiger bends

Planche:3X4second straddle planche attempts (made a video of my "straddle planche?" no dice)

Hand: Axe levering, Random object pinch and lift, Weaver stick type stuff, house nail bending

Abs:

120 slow legs raised head to knees situps. (felt weak)

1X200 Legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X150 Legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X150 V-ups

1X10second L-sit

2 full sets of 5 rotations each direction ab circles (I think I made this exercise up so I just BS'ed a name)

(No dragon flags :( tried them but my elbows layed down the smack down)

Toe: Random toe walking and standing, enough of it to mention but I didn't keep track of the numbers.

Stretching:Did all stretches mentioned in post #3 for 1X30 seconds.

Edited by Ivarboneless

I think I escaped the tendonitis monster :rock:rock:mosher:rock

I was smart with this injury and gave it the few days it needed, but I am going to have to be more careful next time full blown tendonitis would suck.

Hand feels good but I dare not try grippers yet :cry

Abs:

1X120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1x210....1X160 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X150 V-ups

1X2minute hollow hold (did this yesterday too, but I forgot to add it)

Hand:

Extensor finger flicks 5X210

ummm I'll say "Frog Presses" 1X10 (pushup position then using no momentum press all 5 fingers into the ground raising up into a fingertip pushup position). Easy but I was just trying to warm my hand up and get back into more vigorous exercises. (If anyone knows the name of this exercise please tell me)

Pullups/Chinups:

Chins: 1X5.....1X20 (no pain so I didn't push my luck going for max reps)

Pullups:1X5.....1X20 (no pain. Not as good at these as I am chins)

Neck:

5X30 seconds forehead into the ground

5X30seconds back of head into the ground

Legs:

Leg scissor punching bag 4X30seconds....4X10 seconds

Back:

Arch hold 2 minutes

1X50 Leg raises

1X50 upperbody raises

Edited by Ivarboneless

Elbow is unaffected from chins last night. Hand feels good started some crimp work again. :cool

Handstand:

1X5 handstand pushups

1X6 handstand pushups

1X7 handstand pushups

1X4 handstand pushups

1X3 HOLLOW hadstand pushups

Planche:

3X4second straddle planche attempts

5X10second Advanced tuck planche

2X30second Ball planche (just can't seem to boost these over 30 seconds)

Dips:

1X28 (Crap missed 30)

1X30

1X25

1X20

Pushups:

1X10

1X5

Toe:

5X30 second toe stand

2X30 second toe crimps on stairs

Abs:

5X30second L-hangs

5X15 Hanging knee to chest raises (Hanging from 1/2 crimp 1st finger joint)

Hand: (not really much climbing training just breaking my hand back in)

1X10 seconds 3 finger open hand 1/2 inch surface

1X30 seconds 3 finger 1/2 crimp on 1inch surface

1X10 seconds 4 finger 1/2 crimp on 1/2 inch surface

6X30 seconds 4 finger 1/2 crimp on 1 inch ledge

5X30 seconds Suppinated goosenecks (hanging from bar)

5X30 seconds Pronated goosenecks (hanging from bar)

(I love the bar hanging goosenecks)

Legs:

Lots of jumping

Hand is feeling good unaffected by anything I have been doing. Elbow is apparently fine.....

Forearms are not as sore as I figured they would be from the goosenecks :blink

Went building climbing today. That took care of the leg work as it was about a 4 mile walk uphill...both ways. But seriously it had some hardcore highsteps and micro edging (I climb barefoot) so I am glad I built up my toe strength. :cool

Pullups/Chinups:

5X1 RH One arm chins

5X1 LH one arm chins

1X27 Chins (ARRRG missed 30)

1X23 Pullups

3X10 Pullups

2X10 "Mr T." chins

1X2 chins

1X2 pullups

Planche:

1x4second straddle planche attempt

Pushups:

1X5

Abs:

1X210 legs raised head across knees situps

1X160 legs raised head across knees situps

1X160 V-ups

2minute hollow hold

5X15 hanging knee to chest raises (hanging from 1st finger joints)

Hand:

The building climbing took care of most of the hand work. The sets of 15 knee raises were done in a 1/2 crimp from the 1st finger joints. Ripped two 1inch phone books.

Toe:

Believe me the building climbing WASTED my toes. Makes me happy that I have been training for toe strength.

Legs:

The route to and from the buildings was long and seriously uphill both ways. But just for the heck of it me and my friends wanted to see who could squat who the most, so I squatted my biggest friend. He squatted me only 5 times for the win, but I was doing my best to topple him over :yikes .

Friend squat: (ROCK BOTTOM squats)

1X1

1X4

Edited by Ivarboneless

Sounds like an event, bro. What are "Mr. T." chins?

1st off understand that I do all of my chins/pullups on a set of monkey bars, in my backyard, that my dad built like 10 years ago.

I also made this "Mr T. chin" name up, there is probably a real name for this.

A "Mr T." chin is where you grab the railing the bars fit into. Basically it's chining with your palms facing each other. But it's a little more complicated than that because you pull straight down towards your hips instead of just attempting a normal chin with a different grip.

I got this name because of the way Mr T. was doing chins in the movie Rocky 3.

THis is a great log!

Keep up the good work man. Why are you training toes so hard? I could see the advantages for climbing actually, how does a gymnast use it?

Ever do Janda situps?

Where do you climb inside and out?

Have you read Brads book?

What are your best events?

What are your grip goals?

Ox, I train toes because I climb barefoot and you need some pretty beefy toes to handle that. It is actually kind of pointless for gymnastics.

I have never really tried janda situps.

I climb both indoor and outdoor.

My best events are still rings & floor.

I have not read Brad's book although I am thinking about buying it.

Grip goals are mainly situated around climbing, but I would like to mash a #3 and do a one armed rafter chin.

Abs:

5X5 rotations full sets of ab circles

1minute side plank each side

2X15 hanging knees to chest

Pushups: 1X25

Rest day apparently...I was just busy all day, but I am sore anyway so it's all good.

June 3, 2006

Elbow feels fine. Hand is good but still sore on hard gripping.

Pushups: 1X5

Abs: 1X120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

Neck: LOTS OF ROLLER COASTERS!!!

June 4, 2006

Elbow feels great. Hand is good.

Abs:

1x120 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X210 Legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X160 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X160 v-ups

1X2 minute hollow hold

5X15 hanging knee to chest (1inch ledge)(4th set was done with a 3 finger open hand grip)

Pushups:

1X80 fast

2X40 1:1

1X20 1:1

1X10 5:5

Iron Cross: 2X20 second touches each side

Hand: Hanging knee raises

1X1 minute one arm dead hangs each arm (thick bar)

5X15 second pronated gooseneck

5X15 second Supinated gooseneck

Toe: 2X10 second big toe stand

Hand hurt a little doing pommel horse. Elbow hurt a bit climbing.

3 hrs of gymastics today. Started maltese training today. Climbed the rope 5 times up and down (18 feet).

Did a lot of tree climbing.