Elbow Pain When Arm Wrestling.

Soban

Whenever i arm wrestle someone just once, after i finnish i get a terrible pain in my elbow tendon (tricep side of arm, just above the elbow). This pain lasts for 3 hours or so. I had this since 3 months ago. Whenever i do rope chinups it also hurts lots.

Does anyone know any remedies apart from going to the doctor. This is just in my right arm.

Thankyou.

Shoot that might be tendonitis. I get elbow pains if I've been doing a lot of climbing and I do some armwrestling, but they're not that intense. Tendonitis is pretty wicked tho... :ohmy

Yeah i looked up tendonitis and all the things they say about elbow tendonitis is what i have. So it looks like ill be a left hander now for acouple months :P

Also i read that after getting tendonitis or damaging a tendon the body heals it with a weaker type and therefore you permanently weaken your tendon and therefore your muscles and etc wont be as effective. Is this correct ?

Thankyou

that is very common in pullin

Whenever i arm wrestle someone just once, after i finnish i get a terrible pain in my elbow tendon (tricep side of arm, just above the elbow). This pain lasts for 3 hours or so. I had this since 3 months ago. Whenever i do rope chinups it also hurts lots.

Does anyone know any remedies apart from going to the doctor. This is just in my right arm.

Thankyou.

Far as I can say is.....start off very slowly....when you first start armwrestling from what I have heard you kind of go through a transition phase where your body gets used to this kind of stress. Just whenever your pull start of slow with a lot of warmup......Pretty soon you should be able to to hit practice hard from the get go.

This is what i have heard from other amatures and some pros.

I am just starting as well. Sometimes I get pain so intense I don't want to move my arm. But thats only after aggrevating an already tender elbow.

I think the best bet is to just start real slow and warm up with little resistance. As soon as your elbow feels to the point that you can go full strength give it a go. See what happens and see if this warming up helps.

Yeah just before the holidays (im 17) i go to school. I specially didnt do anything to agrevate my elbow, during the holidays i did everything normally heavygrips bicep curls pullups etc, then on the last day of the holidays i did acouple rope pullups and my elbow tendins started hurting, so today it didnt hurt so i arm wrestled this guy and straight after beating him (only took 3 seconds), my elbow started hurting and then i couldnt do anymore arm wrestling and as of now about 8 hours later? it still hurts abit (not hurts just feels weak ?) but movement is not limited.

Thanks for help. I am guessing if i dont do anything with my right hand it will heal and then i can get my strength back because stronger tendons mean stronger muscles ?

Bye :)

Edited by Soban

Definately tendonitis. As said, take it slow, especially when you're begining. You're using a lot of weird force vectors and muscle combinations that your body isn't accustomed to. Go through all your ranges of motion without pulling hard. I was overzealous when I first started and it resulted in both golfers and tennis elbow (two kinds of tendonitis on either side of the elbow) as well as two torn triceps. Suffice to say I was in a world of hurt that I brought on myself. Advil is a good short term remedy from the pain as it's an anti-inflammatory. As you ease yourself into the sport (I know it's difficult to not jump in 100%) your body adapts to the stress and the pain will diminish. I've seen many many new armwrestlers bow out early from the sport because of this.

Thankyou for your help everyone.

I just hope my right arm can heal back 100% after some rest.

Adios

Soban try not to do any thing with your arm that hurts for a few days.

and do some contrast baths, just search the board and you will find out also cut the toes out of an old sock and put some ice hot on the sore areas and then put the sock on andl wrap a towel around that, should help.

Definately tendonitis. As said, take it slow, especially when you're begining. You're using a lot of weird force vectors and muscle combinations that your body isn't accustomed to. Go through all your ranges of motion without pulling hard. I was overzealous when I first started and it resulted in both golfers and tennis elbow (two kinds of tendonitis on either side of the elbow) as well as two torn triceps. Suffice to say I was in a world of hurt that I brought on myself. Advil is a good short term remedy from the pain as it's an anti-inflammatory. As you ease yourself into the sport (I know it's difficult to not jump in 100%) your body adapts to the stress and the pain will diminish. I've seen many many new armwrestlers bow out early from the sport because of this.

What do you suggest for a begginer like me? I have no training partner really. I mainly train with cables and a thick handle....

Should I just keep the stack at a light weight? I was planning on using fractional plates and just increasing by 1/2 lb every week.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

I also train with negatives for biceps and other things like pec deck flys on a machine.

kyle i read that alot of the european pullers do 3 set of 10 at what ever weight they can get that many times. if your in your first years dont push it to hard as for what MarkH said, your body is not used to the stress that is being put on it in those strange ways.

kyle i read that alot of the european pullers do 3 set of 10 at what ever weight they can get that many times. if your in your first years dont push it to hard as for what MarkH said, your body is not used to the stress that is being put on it in those strange ways.

See thats what I was thinking about. When I first started ai would just pull on surgical tubing for hours on end 1 time a week. As long as I did nothing for that week up untill the armwrestling I was fine to hit hard from the start. But I think it started to catch up with me so I took a break. But decided that I could guage my progress better with cables and weight stack. Like I said, I figured the best way to make progress and not hurt my self was to just add half a pound everytime I pull on the weight stack.

I also asked igor on the armpower site. He basically told me what you did. Because I asked him how the european guys do it. He says Alexey Voevoda can do close to 200 pounds in a very strict form.

Thankyou.

Hey Soban do you pull inside in a hook or do you pull outside like a toproll. If you pull inside that's your problem it put's alot of stress on the elbow. Outside will keep you the game longer but like some of these guy's have said if you just starting out you will hurt. I hurt for 9 month's before my arm got used to it. But I am 41 though we take longer to heal. :cool

May you explain this inside/outside hook thing, because what you say is true, when i resist and do nothing i can last 5mins easy with no pain afterwards but when i instantly hook someone and win i get big pain.

Adios

May you explain this inside/outside hook thing, because what you say is true, when i resist and do nothing i can last 5mins easy with no pain afterwards but when i instantly hook someone and win i get big pain.

Adios

What I mean by inside is you turn your shoulder in and push. The toproll is back pressure and I seen it explained like this before. It like pouring a glass of water in your shirt pocket. Check out armwrestling.com or pullingjohn.com there are matches on there you can watch. Find some guy's in your area that pull that help's alot.

Adios

I think you may be using a lot of force when you hit real quick. Maybe you can just hook them and hold for a little and then pin.

I don't know everyone thing there is to know about armwrestling. But I believe when you hit like that you end up using more force than you would it you were to stop someones hit and then pull them slow to the pad.

I have looked up various supplements and found that Glucosamine and chondroitin can be taken to help build and repair tendons and joints and etc.

I think i have weak tendons and joints throughout my whole body because even my knees sometimes hurt (genetics?)

Has anyone else been taking such Glucosamine and chondroitin or Collagen Supplements to aid in tendon/joint pains etc ?

Adios

If this is anything like knee tendonitis:

ART and ICE!

OMFG you MUST ICE IT. Do some art style work (extensor work has been known to help tendonitis in amazing ways) after you do your ART exercises and the extensor work ICE IT. I cannot stress that enough ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT ICE IT....

You get the gist. I found with my battle with knee tendonitis that any rehab without ice was almost pointless. Almost. When I iced it for a good half hour to an hour, the result was amazing. With each rehab session i felt significantly better. ICE IS YOUR FRIEND.