Sign in to follow this  
Jedd Johnson

Amazing Mazza

Jedd Johnson

Guys, You all gotta see the impressive feat of Grip Strength Ron Mazza nearly attained at the Stronger Than All contest in New Haven on the 1st of April. He didn't quite get it, but I thought he would have nearly half a dozen times.

This feat is the Inch Clean and Press. He got it near his shoulder several times, but didn't quite get it there. I think if he didn't have on his Lebron James basketball jersey, he would have been able to continental cleanand press it, but the jersey was just too slippery.

Check out this video. Watch how he goosenecks his wrist and nearly wraps his whole hand around the handle. When I try to this, it feels like I've been electrically shocked.

Ron Mazza Nearly Cleaning and Pressing the Inch

Plenty of other dudes deadlifting and pressing the inch, although i am not sure of everyone's name.

Then, you gotta check out this video of the Breakfast Club, toying with the Inch. Just goes to show you, age should not hold you back when you work yourself as hard as these guys do.

Breakfast Club

Finally, you gotta see this dude Rob Orlando. I look over at the World Series of Grip booth during the strongman show ( I was waiting for my turn to compete) and I see this dude double up on pressing the inch. I've never seen anybody do that. The next event, the kid tumbles to the ground and breaks bones in his eye and bloodies his nose. I figured he'd be too far out of it to do it again after the show. But I turn around after bending a red nail and this friggin' guy steps up to the plate with a cracked eye socket and reps out 3 freakin' reps. You gotta be kidding me!

Rob Orlando

Many of you may have seen these already in the newsletter, but in case you haven't check these things out. They don't get much more motivating. Sign up for the newsletter on the site so you don't miss postings like this, in case we don't find time to post them on the board.

All the best to everyone.

-Jedd-

• Like 1

supermagnamon

I saw those vids on the diesel site yesterday. Man, Mazza's support grip strength is unreal.

Sean Dockery

Mazza is steeeeeeeerong.

unseenbeat

That's Florida strength in his veins!!! :rock

nickr104

Ron is one strong dude!!! Just a matter time till he cleans that thing. :rock:bow

Bearcat 74

Ron Mazza is an animal, he maybe the most underrated grip guy out there. Plus, he is one hell of a strongman!

stew2

Mazza is an animal just to hold the inch in that postion that long! man the torque on your wrist :bow

smitty

What the video doesn't show is Ron, literally, took 20-25 attempts at cleaning the INCH all day long. It was amazing - he kept going and going. Unreal. Each attempt went above his waist ....quickly. He is not only super strong but a really nice guy!

Great post Jedd!

jad

I get the newsletter and my mouth just hung open in awe as I watched and rewatched the video.

smp76

Great video Jedd. Looks like you guys had some fun too!

underdawg

Dang! That's some strong stuff!

terminator

Ron is a great friend, a class act, and one of the strongest guys around. I've seen him casually do stuff that would make your head spin! He's also the undisputed master of lifting heavy dangerous stuff while wearing open toed sandals....scary stuff!

Dan Cenidoza

Wow! Impressive stuff.

Teemu I

All of those videos were really cool! Strong performances all the way. Those attempts to clean that Inch replica...just insane!

Jedd Johnson

I echo Terminator's comments about the open toed sandals, for sure!

-Jedd-

burkhardmacht

That are some feaky animals! :mosher

DuTCH
Ron is a great friend, a class act, and one of the strongest guys around. I've seen him casually do stuff that would make your head spin! He's also the undisputed master of lifting heavy dangerous stuff while wearing open toed sandals....scary stuff!

Yeah, that what was struck me the most too! Haha!

Strong guys, just plain strong!!

Florian Kellersmann

Awesome stuff :bow:bow:bow Thanks for posting this, Jedd!

Ron Mazza

fella's--- thank you all for the kind words it's much appreciated. there are 2 grip feats i'd like to achieve this year(the inch being 1 of them) and your support can only help fuel the fire... napalm--- i can relate to you feeling electronically shocked when you cock your wrist like that, lol--- the day after i made those attempts, i felt like i had broken a bone or two in my wrist and in fact it's still a tiny bit sore even now! that dumbbell can wreak havoc for sure. i guess i'll have to go light for a couple weeks yet... thanks again guys.

Jedd Johnson

Keep up the good work, Ron. Good to see you modified your username.

-Jedd-

Florian Kellersmann

Does anybody have a link to Ron Mazzas Inch and MDB Lifts that works?

• Like 1

Alawadhi
On 9/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Does anybody have a link to Ron Mazzas Inch and MDB Lifts that works?

Would like to see all the lifts here too

Jedd Johnson

Unfortunately, a lot of these clips are gone forever.

climber511

LInk gave me a 404 not found error?