Bending A Frying Pan?

Alawadhi

hello guys

today i tried to rollup a frying pan but i couldn't. then i tried to bend it by compressing it and i did it without a lot of effor. is this feat hard or easy?

Once again, it depends on the pan you use. They vary. But compressing them is allways easier than rolling.

Neither are that hard but they are one of those 'feats of stregth' which a non-weight trained crowd seems to enjoy. A little showmanship helps make it more entertaining thus: I did 4 yesterday at a local school (easter playgroup aged between 6 and 10 years old) and rapped my knuckles on the first one and made a big deal out of them being metal and even banged it against my knee. I then asked the crowd of kids if they wanted to see what I can do - 'shall I mash it up and bend it?'. A good yell of 'yessss!!' and I bend, crush and mash it. Then I wave it over their heads and ask who wants it. I make sure that, of the four I did, I pick a different area of the crowd and both the boys and girls.

The pans are easy - the trick is to make it fun.

I've said this before but will say it again: if any board member gets their hands on frying pans made by Hackman in Finland, try those and post your frustration here.

Pans vary, not a universally comparable feat.

Neither are that hard but they are one of those 'feats of stregth' which a non-weight trained crowd seems to enjoy. A little showmanship helps make it more entertaining thus: I did 4 yesterday at a local school (easter playgroup aged between 6 and 10 years old) and rapped my knuckles on the first one and made a big deal out of them being metal and even banged it against my knee. I then asked the crowd of kids if they wanted to see what I can do - 'shall I mash it up and bend it?'. A good yell of 'yessss!!' and I bend, crush and mash it. Then I wave it over their heads and ask who wants it. I make sure that, of the four I did, I pick a different area of the crowd and both the boys and girls.

Where do you get your pans from Steve?

Those Hackman frying pans cost over $100 each, as far as I can tell online. What we need is a grip master that is also a rich tycoon...

Yep. Cost of those pans tells something about how hard they are.

But that would really impress me, if somebody rolled those...

Argos. £5.99 for 2. It's not what they cost but how much entertainment. If I was demonstrating strength I'd lift a barbell or squeeze a gripper. And I'm not spending $100.00 x 4 for a show even if I could do them (I have no idea).

Those Hackman frying pans cost over $100 each, as far as I can tell online. What we need is a grip master that is also a rich tycoon...

i dont have that kind of money - i did open my pockets for a full on heavy duty wok recently but i couldn't get a grip of it to roll it, i think it was simply too big - i did crush it in half though

i agree that a normal pan which wont empty the bank account is easy stuff

I have seen them done in several ways most with the handle of the pan between the knees and basically "pushed down" into a roll from that position. The way I was introduced to the stunt was being called out on front of a crowd of 1400 and told by Bill Kazmier "bend this"......I had never seen it done before but, tried it with my arms held out in front of my body left hand holding the handle and with my right hands fingertips curled onto the edge of the pan rolled it up.......I guess it was more fear of failure than anything but bending it in that manner WAS tough but the crowd really got stirred up . Afterward when I was shown "the way" to do it "easy" I understood why the crowd got a kick out of my different attack on the old pan.RS

While I await your reply to my PM sent last week that is how I do it. I do not use the knee or thigh.

I bet Hackman would sponsor those pans to anyone (anyone doing strongaman shows) willing to try. It would be good promotion to them. I know I won't budge those, so I don't bother to ask.

It was my point that pans vary, nothing more.

Argos. £5.99 for 2. It's not what they cost but how much entertainment. If I was demonstrating strength I'd lift a barbell or squeeze a gripper. And I'm not spending $100.00 x 4 for a show even if I could do them (I have no idea).

Just go in the store and wait 'till no ones looking.... :D

Great idea wes :D

We bend metal, an rip shit with our hands, its not like we're rich geniouses :tongue

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of an exercise that simulates rolling up a frying pan? Like rolling up some sheet metal or something like that?

I've been thinking of ways to make certain grip feats of strength easier so the non-grip junkie can give it a go and hopefully become interested in the sport. Nail bending, card tearing, and phone book ripping are all very easy to adapt for beginners, but how about pan rolling? Maybe a thin sheet of metal might do the trick? Thanks.

I can roll up a thin frying pan. but not the normal one. if you want to train for it. just train your fingers and wrists.