Strongest Grip In History

viper

I wonder how close can david horne go with the #4?

cheers guys

the 2 25's were 25kg, not 25lbs :blink

my list was just a quick list of a few things

i cannot crush a raw spud without the finger tips, not even a little one - i can instantly crush an apple with no finger tips if im on

i did say strength endurance as well/do see 100 reps on the #1 to be world class or there abouts as ive never seen anybody do this an probably 95% of people cant shut that gripper for 1 rep - this is why i see such a thing to be impressive

i have seen the 15 reps on the #3 - awesome stuff/why i said 20

Performing the array of specific grip feats, in a contest situation- or at least in an in-person witnessed situation, will yield interesting results.

David Horne may be beatable in this event or that event, but when the total is tallied his name will be at or near the top. Some other names, known for specific strengths or feats, trying to duplicate his variety, will not be his neighbors on the list.

I wonder how close can david horne go with the #4?

David will be the first to admit he's ok - but not great at Grippers. I have a piss poor left hand but have beaten David right handed many times. However, as MS would say, it's not a one handed event when we compete so I have just beaten David with a two handed total.

I know that David Horne is versatile indeed. There are many great crushers, many great pinchers, benders, guys who are good at one finger lifting, guys with great strength in tearing various objects, guys with other hand significantly stronger than their other one, guys with great supporting grip etc. and so forth...

Many people tend to train their strongest lifts and feats most, while neglecting others. I totally agree that versatility is what makes a true champion. That versatility is one of those factors that got me started on grip training: there is allways something to shoot for and allways room for some development.

Best with a #4 is to 1/4". Have closed it in a choker. But as Steve said I'm not great at grippers, but work on them as best as I can on a run up to a contest. I actually don't use grippers much as I find other exercises yield better all-round results.

I have always enjoyed training, and this is just not with grip either (I'm just back from my weekly cycle), so I have an advantage in that I love training!

David

Im kind of embarrased now, I keep reading doing 2 25's for plate holds is SO easy and I cant break them off the ground at all. I have been doing it for 3 or so months now and still cant get it. So basically I feel like shit knowing that it is so easy to do and that you all did it without grip training at all. :angry:

Anybody doing plate holds with 2 45's, 50lb blob, closing the #3 and up, would be amazing.

Im kind of embarrased now, I keep reading doing 2 25's for plate holds is SO easy and I cant break them off the ground at all. I have been doing it for 3 or so months now and still cant get it. So basically I feel like shit knowing that it is so easy to do and that you all did it without grip training at all. :angry:

if you want to lift it do it by two hands. when you lift that thing, catch it with your right hand and move you left hand to your head and come back soon. then repeat the same thing with the right hand the same time. do them all fast.

Best with a #4 is to 1/4". Have closed it in a choker. But as Steve said I'm not great at grippers, but work on them as best as I can on a run up to a contest. I actually don't use grippers much as I find other exercises yield better all-round results.

I have always enjoyed training, and this is just not with grip either (I'm just back from my weekly cycle), so I have an advantage in that I love training!

David

just out of interest - what exercises do you use?

on top of that you'd have to beat Slims levering record, and be able to bend some insane shit too...

i don't know if anybody could beat that record :blink

David Horne's THE man when it comes to all round grip strength !!

He's also an inspiration (to me) and a great guy.

I'd say his partner Elizabeth has probably the strongest female hands in history too !!!

Chris kind words. Wish you'd go on the platform, maybe all the records would fall!

Anyway, cheers mate,

David

In the former days of bodybuilding, when subdivision trophies were awarded for best bodyparts, on occasion, the overall winner of the title would not win a single best bodypart. There were others who had certain developments superior to the winner, but overall, on balance, the winner emerged.

That's how it is in grip strength, as I see it. There are best subdivisions- one man may be the best at levering, one at crushing, another at bending etc. Each of those men may not be near the top at the other disciplines, so the overall man- especially the one who has documented feats- is the best at overall- not the best at any one specific feat (though he may be).

Certain grip feats do not involve the lifting of heavy weights, so the men who have terrific hand strength combined with weightlifting strength (related to grip), are a step above in consideration for the overall title in my opinion.

In regard to bending from straight metal or bending from bent metal, it does matter, because the bent is in effect 'past the sticking' point. If it did not matter, then everyone would bend from straight.

I have to agree. I've seen Dave do some pretty amazing things in the past. We have a friendly rivally going when it comes to grip feats and even when the odds or in my favour he normal pulls a ridiculous lift out of the bag last minute to clinch the title for that nights competition.

Forget the 2 25's I can do that, how about 2 45's or 3 35's. Also all the high reps on the #2 and below don't really mean a whole lot either. Just good muscle endurance. Now 20 reps on the #3 would be very impressive. :bow

Klicks

But you need good muscle endurance if you are going to have the strongest grip on the planet!

As for the 25's yes, I agree, that is really not that impressive! I think thick, massive, forearms that people think "fat" every time they see'm is bad, and if I have to have those to have a grip like I want... then I will forget grip! And the only thing I know to keep "excessive" mass off of me is to do reps, so that is why I agree with the reps statement! Anyway, again just my opinion though,

Mr. Gripster

Forget the 2 25's I can do that, how about 2 45's or 3 35's. Also all the high reps on the #2 and below don't really mean a whole lot either. Just good muscle endurance. Now 20 reps on the #3 would be very impressive. :bow

Klicks

But you need good muscle endurance if you are going to have the strongest grip on the planet!

As for the 25's yes, I agree, that is really not that impressive! I think thick, massive, forearms that people think "fat" every time they see'm is bad, and if I have to have those to have a grip like I want... then I will forget grip! And the only thing I know to keep "excessive" mass off of me is to do reps, so that is why I agree with the reps statement! Anyway, again just my opinion though,

Mr. Gripster

i meant 25kg, not 25lbs - have already stated this

i agree - to say you have the strongest grip on the planet, you would have to have strength endurance too, its not soley about what you can do for 1 rep in my mind

2 25s KG IS HARD. Harder than two 45s LB. so this is super world class.

2 25s KG IS HARD. Harder than two 45s LB. so this is super world class.

humm..what about 3 45's but using both hands?

i don't think using a two hands are hard for strong people

I think thick, massive, forearms that people think "fat" every time they see'm is bad, and if I have to have those to have a grip like I want... then I will forget grip! And the only thing I know to keep "excessive" mass off of me is to do reps, so that is why I agree with the reps statement!

:blink

......No, really I mean it: :blink

(reps keep mass off ? )

Mr. Gripster

Huh? :blink Without even addressing the reps/mass issue, big forearms don't mean big grip and if looks are such a concern why bother with grip; which is focused on strength not looks?