Greatest Display Of Grip

cityhick

i have seen a tape of stan "stanless steal" rip a racket ball in half. it was pretty fast too

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• viper

• Teemu I

• Wayne

I'm still unclear to me whether Magnus does 4 consecutive reps or 4 singles with the #4 in his video.......someone please........Viper, anyone?

It's #3 Magnus Samuelsson does those reps with in Swedish Power, just watched it again because I wasn't sure of this. He does reps with #4 on his other DVD Worlds Strongest Arms.

check again - it says 4 on it

It's a #3 for sure. There's no denying it.

I'm still unclear to me whether Magnus does 4 consecutive reps or 4 singles with the #4 in his video.......someone please........Viper, anyone?

As in my previous post, he does 4 repetitions with 3 fingers on the #3. as a #4 closer i would imagine that he could do plenty more as these repetitions were easy for him. that is on the Swedish Power dvd. On the World's strongest arms dvd he does a single close with the #4 with 3 fingers, then goes on to do another single only seconds later. i hope this clarifies things. i have seen these dvds a thousand times and am positive that this is correct.

i have 7 inch hands... yeah they are small and im goign to start makign atempts at the inch soon. i think having small hands has bin disadvantage, but i think that i benifit more from doign thick bar and they are pritty storng i can do reps wiht the #2 after only traing grip for aobut 4 mounths and i can almost hub the 45, i pulled 4 plates on a old rughed up rolling thunder so i dont htink having small hands is a disadvantage u just have to aprotch training the right way. im about 6'1 and 260 pounds so 7 inch hands really looks funny on me

Yes, I have done 3 -35's more than one time without a bar. Just never on video. It's not something I can do all the time and having the camera there has never helped me. I still don't have 3 good plates that fit together solid so it's trial and error to keep turning them so they don't spread apart when I squeeze - anyone who has tried 6-10's knows what I am talking about. The two hardest pinch grip feats of strength I have done is pinching a 70lb hex standing on end and not using the indentations, and 3 - 35's. The blob is a joke compared to either of these.

Wade,

Amazing stuff. I did not realize, or had forgotten that you had done the 3 - 35's without a pipe. Just awesome bro.

-Jedd-

As in my previous post, he does 4 repetitions with 3 fingers on the #3. as a #4 closer i would imagine that he could do plenty more as these repetitions were easy for him. that is on the Swedish Power dvd. On the World's strongest arms dvd he does a single close with the #4 with 3 fingers, then goes on to do another single only seconds later. i hope this clarifies things. i have seen these dvds a thousand times and am positive that this is correct.

Certainly clearer than 3 reps with a 4 as was claimed.

Edited by mobsterone

About Magnus Samuelsson: thanks for big bri for making it clear. I also meant consecutive singles about that #4. And it is #3 for sure in Swedish Power he does those reps with.

I made a mistake earlier, not intentional, it is just that english isn't my native language and I may sometimes mix things up because of that.

So, I'm sorry guys.

im a bit lost by this - ive seen it many times also, an unless something to do with light or whatever is making it look different it doesn't look anything like a 3, i have a 3, an that looks a lot more like the number 4 - it looks like a coc gripper, doesn't look like a 1,2, or a 3 and does look like a 4 - ill try play it on the comp an record it with my webcam so everyone can make there own mind up

ill try play it on the comp an record it with my webcam so everyone can make there own mind up

If you plan on posting that here, I'm pretty sure that would be breaking copyright laws. Which would get it deleted.

im a bit lost by this - ive seen it many times also, an unless something to do with light or whatever is making it look different it doesn't look anything like a 3, i have a 3, an that looks a lot more like the number 4 - it looks like a coc gripper, doesn't look like a 1,2, or a 3 and does look like a 4 - ill try play it on the comp an record it with my webcam so everyone can make there own mind up

it's definitely an older gripper and the number is written kind of small on the bottom. the spring on the thing isn't big enough to be a #4 also.

Honestly, you can see the number on the other handle, and it is #3.

ok, wont post it then - unless the swedish power you have is different to mine theres somthing weird here - there is no number on the other handle an it looks like its a 4/dont look anything like a 3

i disagree about the spring as well, it looks pretty big to me, an thats next to his hand

Edited by viper

Come on, look at the handle which is on right side. There it is, #3. You are right about that other handle though, it doesn't have a number, because older CoC-grippers had number only on other handle. I didn't want to arque about this. Only reason I'm still writing about this matter is that I want the truth to be clear, my reason is not that I have anything against you, viper. Not a personal war or any bullshit like that. There aren't any different versions of Swedish Power, and I can take a screenshot where the handles are clearly visible, if that is ok by the rules of this forum.

Took the screenshot, is it ok if I put it in my gallery?

Edited by Teemu I

As per the gripper vid the ball needs to be in view all the time. Stand a little further back and also take the time to show the ball (move it around) so no holes are seen.

Here is a link for the Swedish Power video which states it's a 3: http://technicalvideorental.com/index.php?...roducts_id=1161

This site has a review for the arms video which says: http://www.voimaharjoittelu.net/worlds-str...ce7025299212182

''In fact, Magnus's mitts are so big and overpowering, you can't even see the No. 4 when it's fully closed in his hand-the gripper is completely swallowed up by his powerful paw''.

It goes on to say that he has several squeezes at the 4 - the 4 which cannot be seen as his hands are too big and then an unofficial attempt at the RT wold record (doesn't say if it is successful and I don't know if he uses a new handle as is required (so is competition)).

Edited by mobsterone

Remember my post about telling others they were wrong - like you did many times on MMA/Cage fighting sites and then got banned? You do not need to use a webcam. Freeze the shot and take a screen shot. If copyright is an issue then host it elsewhere and link to it.

Remember my post about telling others they were wrong - like you did many times on MMA/Cage fighting sites and then got banned? You do not need to use a webcam. Freeze the shot and take a screen shot. If copyright is an issue then host it elsewhere and link to it.

now that is wrong - never once did that, always said this is my opinion blah blah blah and i havent been banned from cagewarriors - more to the op of that, ive actually had a quote of mine from there in fighters only magazine

thats a bit strange about it being the 3, i did think it was very strange how he made it look so easy but it dont look like a 3 to me on the dvd

It is in my gallery now.

And about that unofficial Rolling Thunder attempt: yes, it is succesful. Don't know how new or how old the handle is though.

Edited by Teemu I

So I guess we are cool then. I had to be very careful when taking that screenshot, it isn't so clear if you play it or pause it at the wrong moment..

Edited by Teemu I

So I guess we are cool then. I had to be very careful when taking that screenshot, it isn't so clear if you play it or pause it at the wrong moment..

yes, i took one too, think ive put it in a gallery - it looks nothing like a 3 when you click on it, but when its just in view as a pic to click on you can see it says 3 - dont know what thats about

And about that unofficial Rolling Thunder attempt: yes, it is succesful. Don't know how new or how old the handle is though.

I was told (not by Magnus) that the RT handle was a well used one.

"yes, i took one too, think ive put it in a gallery - it looks nothing like a 3 when you click on it, but when its just in view as a pic to click on you can see it says 3 - dont know what thats about"

Well, that is just because of poor resolution and not a best possible time to pause the film. That is all there is to it. I'm done talking about this.