Greatest Display Of Grip

cityhick

I was just wondering what you guys have thought was the greatest feat or display in grip strength history? And who do you think has the best OVERALL grip strength? Post Vids or links if it was recorded.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• viper

• Teemu I

• Wayne

anything done by richard sorin. you can find his pics in the gallery section.

Richard does have an amazing display of grip feat. Head down to Sorinex in Ermo,SC to try them all yourself. they are all set out for his guest to give it a shot. I did and could not accomplish any. :( Great guy and great feats!!

Goerner's 727.5 pound one arm deadlift on a revolving olympic bar comes to mind.

The three modern best modern day grip guys in no particular order:

- Wade Gillingham

- Richard Sorin

- John Brookfield

best feat: 4# close of Joe Kinney - it's so unreal (especially the set) that You won't believe it...

just thought of 2 more...

a 65kg. one hand pinch by David Horne... rediculous! i don't know if this has been beaten by David or someone else i just remember reading it.

Wade Gillingham lifting the blob with an added 25.5 pounds!

Goerner's 727.5 pound one arm deadlift on a revolving olympic bar comes to mind.

That was done on a revolving oly-bar? Are you sure about that, as I didn't even think there was such a conception as revolving bars back then.

I think Wade Gillingham's 3-35's pinch lift is definetely up there.

Edited by unseenbeat

727.5 on a revolving olympic bar is what i read, i will try to find the article. talked about all his deadlifting feats. he also did a one hand lift of a 734lb. sand stone with a handle attached.

said in there he would wait for cab drivers to fall asleep and lift their car from the front end and turn it around the other way without them waking up.

Edited by Wayne

breaking NO.6 jack chain with the hand by mighty atom.

That was done on a revolving oly-bar? Are you sure about that, as I didn't even think there was such a conception as revolving bars back then.

I think Wade Gillingham's 3-35's pinch lift is definetely up there.

2 35's? Wasn't there someone who could do 2 45's with one finger?

Edited by Wes

3 - 35's boys, 3 of em.....nutty.

Kinney's #4 close, Wade's 3 35's, David Horne's 1 hand pinch are insane.

said in there he would wait for cab drivers to fall asleep and lift their car from the front end and turn it around the other way without them waking up.

I don't believe that for a second.

Kinney's #4 close, Wade's 3 35's, David Horne's 1 hand pinch are insane.

Those would be my picks as well, along with darn near anything Brad The Rafterman pulls off and Richard Sorin's anvil pinches.

Overall grip strength in modern day athletes?

David Horne

Nick McKinless

Jedd Johnson

Martin Arildsson

Big Steve

Hard to say about those that have not competed in recent allround grip strength competitions.

I know I'm not there yet (knowing those guys stats only too well) but boy do I want my name on that list.

This almost certainly never happened. There has been much discussion on Ironhistory.com (one of the GB sister sites) and the general concensus is a resounding NOT.

Recently I saw a video of a strict onehanded curl of a 50lb blob that was being held pinchgrip style. That is the most impressive grip feat to my mind.

It may or may not be the greatest feat of them all. But I'll throw this in anyway: John Brookfield tearing 3 decks of cards stacked together.

How about that tennis ball tearing? Is someone else able to do it?

Recently I saw a video of a strict onehanded curl of a 50lb blob that was being held pinchgrip style. That is the most impressive grip feat to my mind.

are you talking about jeds blob curl

It may or may not be the greatest feat of them all. But I'll throw this in anyway: John Brookfield tearing 3 decks of cards stacked together.

How about that tennis ball tearing? Is someone else able to do it?

Brookfield ripped a tennis ball? I heard about that but never found out if that was true or not, can anybody else confirm this??

Well, he mentions it in Grip Masters Manual. And tells how to do it, with pictures. I believe he is able to do it and also believe that this feat is possible allthough extremely difficult (and painful). Some of the members here might have Brookfields DVD, which should include all his greatest feats. I don't know if tennis ball tearing is included.