My Peg2 Arrives

Roark

Does anyone know what would be considered above average for the Formulator for a set of ten reps, and/or for a single max rep?

Same questions for the Peg2?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roark

• Rick Browne

• Bill Piche

• WildGorillaMan

Hmm, should be interesting. Look forward to it.

Just got my Pegasus 2 ... review to follow...

Oh come on John. We aren't going there in these forums. Last time I checked, you are selling and promoting a competing product. :blink

I now have a different Formulator, so I took it to the gym this morning.

After warming up 35 x 10 with no hand pain, I jumped to 60 for a single- and the back of my right hand was being rubbed hard- distractingly hard, so I folded a small towel on each side for extra padding, then got a single with 70. Still bothered my hand.

Jumped to 75 and failed because of the pain.

Back to 70 for 3 reps, adjusting the towels. If I could find a comfort zone for my hand I think I could have managed a total of 5 reps.

Then 80 for an extreme cheat single.

After all that my forearms feel as though they did nothing. But my hands sure got a workout.

I plan to experiment with soft rubber padding-tape it on or whatever, because whether that 'pad' is made of plastic or some space-age composition, bottom line is, it bothers my hand more than targeting my forearms. I do not notice this on lighter weights, but when I go heavy (heavy for me) it becomes a factor.

If I can get the padding situation solved, I hope to be able to really test myself.

Just got my Pegasus 2 ... review to follow...

Oh come on John. We aren't going there in these forums. Last time I checked, you are selling and promoting a competing product. :blink

Maybe he will start promoting the P2

The Formulator padding on mine has become very supple and is quite comfortable on the backs of my hands when working flexors, but I have used it a long time and broke it in.

The Formulator padding on mine has become very supple and is quite comfortable on the backs of my hands when working flexors, but I have used it a long time and broke it in.

How long did it take to break it in?

I have given up on the Formulator- more trouble to me that benefit. I have actually considered performing sets of calf raises on the F pad to soften it up- seriously.

But why bother when the P2 is ready as is? A friend now has the P2L which is about 16" wide- four inches wider than my version. After he uses it and offers his opinion, I may buy one of those. Both the F and my P are a bit too narrow for my liking and the extra four inches would help me not feel crammed into position. Both the F and P are tolerable as is for width, but if a better version is available, why not.

I have moved up to 5 lbs on my extensions- 3 sets over the bench; then back to 2.5 lbs for two sets over the knees.

On flexions this morning with 60, I got 6 good reps then cheated 4 more.

Then 50 x 10, 45 x 10, 35 x 12, 35 x 10.

This morning:

Flexions:

35 x 10

60 x 10

65 x 3

50 x 17

50 x 10

40 x 10

Extensions:

over bench:

5 x 10

7.5 x 10

7.5 x 10

over knees:

5 x 8

5 x 8

The 65 was 45+10+10. Next workout I will move up to 65 until I can get 10 reps. After that (thinking positively and probably very long range), 70 loaded as 45+25.

Here is a question. Since the 45+25 will actually be closer to me than the 45+10+10 is, I am wondering if it will feel less than 5 lbs heavier? I have not experimented because I seem to have found a way to progress and don't want to mess around until I reach a plateau.

This morning:

35 x 10

65 x 5

70 x 1

55 for 3 sets of 10.

This is the first time I have managed a rep with 70.

On my fomulator 25+10+10 is as hard as 25+25. I have thick 10's and they boost the weight up.

I had a chance to try a Peg 2 a week or so ago - I'll stick with my Formulator, thank you.

I had a chance to try a Peg 2 a week or so ago - I'll stick with my Formulator, thank you.

Not every product suits everyone. I had a Formulator for free and sent it back. I prefer the barbell to the F.

This morning on the Peg2, 65 for six good reps plus four cheat reps.

After some other sets with less weight, I got two good reps with 70.

This morning I decided to try some barbell wrist curl singles after my P2 workout, which consisted of the following:

35 x 10

45 x 2

65 x 6

55 x 10

50 x 10

45 x 10

then some exts with 6.5 lbs over bench and 3.75 lbs over knees propped up on bench.

Then P2 70 lbs for one rep.

Barbell:

135 x 1

155 x 1

175 x 1

195 x nope- failed

135 x 10

the 175 was not heavy but the 195 WAS. I am confident, based on knowing my barbell wrist curl history that if I had not been worn out from the P2 workout I could have done the 195, and probably 210, so my point is that I have lost nothing on the barbell wrist curl by excluding it- the P2 carryover is working fine. Before today I had done no barbell wrist curls in two months, and frankly do not plan to do any for the next two months- this morning was simply a test.

Next workout if I cannot get more than 6 reps with 65 on the P2, I will face facts and drop back to 62.5.

Finally faced facts and lowered my heavy set to 62.5 and managed 8 good reps and two others of less strictness.

Then put 45 on the P2, placed my forearms on the bench as I staddled it- hands off the bench end, and got two sets of 10 reps. This is something I have not tried before with the P2, but it is ISOLATION, and cheating is very restricted.

Then a set of 10 with the 45 over thighs.

Then tried a negative with 80. Not pretty.

I will stay at 62.5 lbs until I can get a good set of 10, and a few reps of a second set, and then make 2.5 pound jumps, instead of 5 pound jumps, although it bothers me to do so.

Joe is now forced to wear short sleeved shirts!

I wish. My strength and shape are improving, but no appreciable size to speak of. :(

Took an extra day of rest, and it paid off.

May 22, 2006: Bodyweight 204 lbs.

35 x 10

45 x 2

62.5 for a good set of 10

62.5 for 6 good and 4 cheat reps

Next workout, I move up to 65 lbs for my heavy set.

May 25, 2006

This will be my final post on my progress until I reach my next goal, which is ten reps with 70, using the load sequence of 45+25.

This morning I managed a set of ten with 65- though the final two were sloppy. [45+10+10]

Then with 70, I managed three good reps plus three cheats.

These weights for me are very heavy, and although I suspect that David Horne, if he had access to a Peg2 would- quite serious here- warm up with what I max on, nonetheless I am pleased with my progress.

The Peg2 has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for wrist curls; my progress has been steady and incremental, but most of all, fun!

So it will be a few weeks, I suspect, before I post on this again.

Just curious, what other type of training do you do? Or are you a "grip only" guy?

Workout 5 to 6 times per week, but calling what I do a workout would be a stretch. Calling it getting some exercise would be more accurate.

I do the wrist work because I can bypass a couple of injuries.