My Peg2 Arrives

Roark

An older person set in his ways, hopefully, has reached that point through trial and error and education. If so, then, depending on some factors of course, he may be set in the proper way. But, if not, there is no fool like an old fool, as the saying goes.

There may be one thing worse than an old man set in his ways, and that would be a young man set in his.

At any rate, thank you to those who have posted some numbers here to continue the on-topic discussion.

I plan to make my Peg2 much wider- perhaps 24" wide. Both the F & P, as I had mentioned before seemed too narrow at first, then I got used to the P and it was okay until I started using heavy (for me) weights, and I feel a bit 'scrunched' with my forearms so closely parallel to each other, so I will be doing some experimenting.

Don't want to get stuck in my ways :laugh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roark

• Rick Browne

• Bill Piche

• WildGorillaMan

I train hard with my Formulator. My numbers are not great, but I have seen a thickening of my wrists and I feel like it has brought on some gains in grip areas.

I train pretty serious with my Formulator. I use the Power Forearms routine like Chris above. My best flexion number so far is 4 sets of 8 reps with 45 pounds.

Doc - how are you loading that - 1 -45 , a 35 and 10?

A 25 and 2 10's.

Many would like one, but they are way overpriced.

Not everybody thinks that way. I did, until I actually got one and tried it out. Have you tried it John?

Just last weekend I was training with some throwers (Highland) and busted out the Formulator for them to try, they all liked it of course, but when someone asked me what it costs and I assumingly said, "Probably more than you think" and he replied, "I was gonna say $150" I realized that most intellegent people, who aren't cheap, and don't hold some kind of grudge against John Wood, do not think it's "way overpriced"... expensive for someone who isn't serious about grip training, yes... an overpriced piece of equipment, no.

It's hard to believe people are still singing that tune when so many here have 10 or more torsion spring grippers.

Research and developement never come cheap.

Heck it cost me over $200 to get the blob for the champion of champions machined plus a further $200 to get it inscribed thats without the cost of the EN8 metal it was made from.

If you cannot afford a product dont crib because you cannot afford one.

how can John Woods formulator compare to PDA peg who have alot more money to throw into R&D and can mass produce alot more than John can.

You pays ya money and takes your chance.

And oh not everythin is down to price i would pay more and have done to a person or company who looks after there customers,common curtescy and manners are a big plus in my book.

how can John Woods formulator compare to PDA peg who have alot more money to throw into R&D and can mass produce alot more than John can.

PDA have a lot more money to put into research? Did I read this right? I think you have it backwards. Also, I believe John Wood drop ships. I am sure that's by choice. He doesn't have any shops building any of his own design equipment (that I know of currently). John @PDA actually designs the equipment. Anyway, this needs to get back on topic.

And, you guys quoting 150 bucks better check the web site. It's now 170 bucks without shipping. And, 10 bucks cheaper at the formulator web site after shipping.

I know John didn't invent the Formulator, but there wasn't a big cry about the price of it until he started selling it (for the same price as the manufacturer sells it for).