• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• Bearcat 74

• jad

• TelegraphKey

Can someone tell me here, or point me to the place i can find, information about all the different spreads on all the grippers, at least the IM CoC's.

Which year's brands of CoC's are supposed to be harder than others, and why.

What are the various spreads for all the different kinds of CoC's. Are all the spreads random & you have to measure each gripper you get to be sure, or is there some pattern to it all?

My #2, over 10 years old, is 2-11/16".

My #1, same age as #2, is 2-15/16" almost 3".

Trainer (last year) is 2-11/16".

Girly Guide (last year) is just a sixteenth over 2.5".

WTF?

Where is the info on the Gripboard I can find out about all this?

Thank you.

BTW, completely off-topic, but I want to say THANK YOU to SYBERSNOTT, who directed me to contact Bill Ennis at Beefbuilders and order a Grip Machine. It's in the mail and I can't wait for it. Thanks again, Sybersnott!

That reminds me, the charts from the set/no-set/hand size thread are in my gallery:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1419

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1416

Scott,

It's hard to tell with that plot how random or linear it is. Do you think you reached any definite conclusion? It does look like bigger hands = less difference between set & no-set, which is what we'd expect I think.

My definite conclusion was that I didn't have nearly enough or high enough quality data. I took liberal assumptions all over the place.

With that said, I conclude no-setting gets easier as hand size goes up. No setting also gets easier as you practice it. If you want to do the best, have a big hand and practice it. A small handed individual that practices learning how to no-set can keep up with medium handed individuals of the same strength. They're still gonna geat beat by the guys with big hands though. The leverage advantage is pretty big.

Does your pinki usually end up like that Bob? Ive got no power w/ my pinki unless its all the way on the handle.

Edited by JoeGrip