European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

As it now looks like the World's wont happen this year I'm a-coming boys - stick a small barrel of beer to one side for me ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

It's better to give others a chance at the thumbless RT mobby ;)

Seems like 1) the events are identical to the British (can we use a hook grip on the one hand deadlift? I'm allowing it) and 2) R/T daddy is gonna show no mercy.

It's better to give others a chance at the thumbless RT mobby ;)

Seems like 1) the events are identical to the British (can we use a hook grip on the one hand deadlift? I'm allowing it) and 2) R/T daddy is gonna show no mercy.

We don't allow a hook grip in the OHL event (but with thumb), sorry Steve. But that should not bother You! :rock

Probably not. I did a 180 x 1 right and 140 x 3 x 1 left with hook Monday. I think I can get those numbers up some and then change to with thumb after the British.

Chad is gonna get his wish - get chalked up Chad. I'm coming and it aint to play (smack talk baby).

Chad is gonna get his wish - get chalked up Chad. I'm coming and it aint to play (smack talk baby).

Steve...my plans have changed :( I had planned on my wife going and making a vacation out of it and she is now unable to go because of work. I also have had trouble getting the funds up because of certain situations. It is not looking good for me this year...but hopefully the next...because I really want to do an international comp. We will meet soon :rock

Mobby is coming, good times! So, how about replacing the fifth event ;)

Steve...my plans have changed :( I had planned on my wife going and making a vacation out of it and she is now unable to go because of work. I also have had trouble getting the funds up because of certain situations. It is not looking good for me this year...but hopefully the next...because I really want to do an international comp. We will meet soon :rock

Shame - next time. If I am still competing in a year.

Mobby is coming, good times! So, how about replacing the fifth event ;)

You wish. :rolleyes

We have a standing open invitation for everyone to compete in the open 2007 Australian Championship in February. It might be easier to convince spouces to take a holiday in sunny and warm Australia. :cool

What is the coefficient for RT?

Hahaahaa!! Trying to figure out what Mobsters will score??

What is the coefficient for RT?

Hahaahaa!! Trying to figure out what Mobsters will score??

Hehe, not really. But there must be a reasonable coefficient.

Mob, why are you allowing a hook grip in the OHDL for the British? Does that mean that you're allowing a hook in the v bar too?

No hook in the V-bar. The one hand deadlift I am allowing a hook grip in. The European Grip is NOT allowing a hook lift. I'm going with agreed standardized rules on the grippers, Euro pinch and V-Bar. the one hand deadlift (with hook if the lifter so wishes - I will) and thumbless RT I consider my promoters choice. However, the one hand deadlift is getting included more and more and so I've allowed a variation. There are no GB lists as yet for the one hand deadlift I don't think of it as a 'euro standard' style lift. Not yet anyway.

That makes that lift more a test of lower back strength that grip strength IMHO. Your comp, your rules tho.

Promoters choice so yes. But does that mean a hooked v-bar grip was the same? Never used a hook on that myself.

Promoters choice so yes. But does that mean a hooked v-bar grip was the same? Never used a hook on that myself.

Yes, that's one of the reasons the hook grip isn't allowed anymore :cool

Does this rule change have anything to do with you suddenly realising that you're actually quiet good with a hook grip :whistel

To be fair Mob, I can't actually see anything in the rules (on your site) which specifies either way. Might be worth amending the wording so this is clear.

Yes, that's one of the reasons the hook grip isn't allowed anymore :cool

Does this rule change have anything to do with you suddenly realising that you're actually quiet good with a hook grip :whistel

To be fair Mob, I can't actually see anything in the rules (on your site) which specifies either way. Might be worth amending the wording so this is clear.

1) ha ha

2) yes :rolleyes But I won without a thumb never mind a hook last time I tried... :trout

3) will do - I'll add a comment.

Steve...plans have changed...I will see you there! I had an unexpected sponsor to help with my trip :rock I was very surprised by this...which is very cool.

Chad

How cool is that!. I had a sponsor for the GGC 2004 trip and now you have one - excellent stuff.

Steve...plans have changed...I will see you there! I had an unexpected sponsor to help with my trip :rock I was very surprised by this...which is very cool.

Chad

Cool, will be awesome to meet you chad! :rock

Hi all,

The german competitors of the Euros 2006 are:

1. Erik Franz

2. Florian Kellersmann

3. Martin Ressel

4. Gerrit Reubold (still not sure if he can compete)

Would be nice to know who will compete for Sweden and England! :)

bad news, I won't be able to compete :(

I will be on holiday in the second half of august, in France, too far away to just drive to the competition.

BTW, Frank, why are you missing on the list?!?!

Greetings

Gerrit

• 4 weeks later...

The organizer of the Euros, Hermann Korte would like to know the competitors of each nation!

Please contact him via email:

powerlifting@k3k.de

Train hard! :rock