Need help with armwrestling

Guest Snoopery

Guest Snoopery

what kind of workouts should i do? does it help alot to use moves? is there anyone that lives by coquitlam that would be willin to show me some stuff? what parts of my arms should i work out? what parts of my arms should start to hurt? is it normal to lose alot when you are first entering competitions? Thanks

Josh

Knowing how to perform the basic armwrestling moves must be your primary goal, then you'll realize the strength needed for each one, for instance:

The Toproll - You must start with huge back pressure on your oponents fingers, to do so you must develop your bicep and forearm with hammer curls (dumbells or cables) and your wrist with thumbs up leverage work.

To defend against a stronger top roller you must be able to support his back pressure with your fingers (you can practice one-hand thick dumbell deadlift) and then curl your wrist to your side of the table (regular, small range of motion wrist curls w/ dumbell)

Never forget that if you're pulling right hand, your right shoulder should always be more to your right than your hand!

Practice makes perfect...but you'll need lots of strength to be perfect in any technique!

Train hard and sorry for my bad English...

Guest CanadaCrush

Hercules is right. For beginers, having good back pressure is vital. You should work your hand more than your arm. Muscles are used for contraction, and idealy, your arm won't contract. Thus, your static lockout point never changes. It takes time to develop this lockout point to where it is strong enough to stop a lot of pullers. You can't rush this progress - if you do, you may end up with an injury. Armwrestling is also a very humbling sport. Don't go into a tournament with the mindset that you can beat everyone, because sooner or later, some 'small' puller will crush you, and your ego. Be confident, but not arrogant.

-Mark