Thickening The Fingers...

Blackheart

He gets on my nervs...When i bench press an when i try with sweat and real PAIN to lift more weights he comes and says his philosophies.....What a fool.

Maybe when i will be able to smassh my #3 with ease, then maybe i will smash his hand too.

Edited by Blackheart

I'm convinced finger thickness is largely genetic. I've seen sedentary computer programmers with huge fingers and wicked strong-fingered rock climbers with thin fingers. A climber friend of mine can do a lock-off from one finger of one arm and has rather thin fingers.

One thing that does thicken fingers is injuries. Try breaking your fingers or dislocating them a few times and you'll notice your ring sizes skyrocket. A lot of career laborers have injured their hands a zillion times along the way and get thicker hands from that.

I agree with you steelbiceps...I have seen that too.But just to mention it it doeasn't mean that if a man has thick fingers that he has strong hands too!!!

When I've let people of various hand thickness try my grippers I haven't noticed much or any correlation at all in hand strength. Personally my hand isn't very thick, at least I had the shorter and thinner fingers than all the guys I compared to in the Euros 05, but maybe my hands will get thicker with age :)

He gets on my nervs...When i bench press an when i try with sweat and real PAIN to lift more weights he comes and says his philosophies.....What a fool.

Maybe when i will be able to smassh my #3 with ease, then maybe i will smash his hand too.

Simma' down there. If you really have to show him up, just get really strong. Might take a long time but it will be worth it.

I agree with you steelbiceps...I have seen that too.But just to mention it it doeasn't mean that if a man has thick fingers that he has strong hands too!!!

Yup, I completely agree on that.

Of course having thick and strong fingers and hands and wrists is very effective i believe to all aspects of life.Is it true that by aging the fingers get thick? i know for sure that hard manual labor thickens quickly the fingers and wrists.

I agree with Kim and what he says about old farmers or I'm sure other manual labor guys. I have met and still meet old farm boys and there hands are almost always very large. It's weird though because my buddys grandpa had huge thick hands when he was alive but his uncles hands aren't very big at all. Almost small. Maybe genetics or maybe hes not old enough yet. Who knows.

• 5 weeks later...

I don’t see why this has to be so different to other weightlifting. To get stronger, 1 of the necessities is to grow. How much size is added and what size you started off with are genetic and habit based.

I'd love to see anyone get significantly stronger without getting bigger than what they used to be.

Also, how much muscle is on your finger? Not a lot, it takes a long time to thicken up those tendons, remember that skin getting thicker and holding its own shape gives the illusion of much greater thickness.

EDIT: I'm also not sure why I posted on a thread a month old :/

Edited by quazimodo

I brought this up with an old mason that I used to work with. This is a small dude except from the elbows down. Just about every young guy that came through tried to outsqueeze him and failed. I couldn't even tell you how big his hands and fingers are. I just know they are huge. He said that he believed all the lime in the cement made his hands that way. At least that's what the really old guys told him years ago. He doesn't really have any ill effects or arthritis or anything.

• 1 month later...

I think your fingers will get thicker if you train, but just because you have thicker fingers doesn't mean your stronger. I've met guys with fingers who were huge (they weren't fat) and they were weak as hell, and then I've seen people who have slightly thicker than normal hands or normal sized hands who had vice grips.