East And West Differences In Training . . .

austinslater

I saw this talked about on another site. A guy who has trained with the russians and other pullers from the east say that the main difference he sees is that they are more focused on heavy lifting then actuall pulling. American pullers rely more on practice or table time. In his opinion the reason the russians and others are getting very dominant is because they are just flat out stronger then the americans. What do you guys think? Almost every video I see of them they are using minimal equipment and using heavy loads in a partial curl or doing cable/rope type work for sidepressure. Lets hear your opinions guys!

Austin :bow

I saw this talked about on another site. A guy who has trained with the russians and other pullers from the east say that the main difference he sees is that they are more focused on heavy lifting then actuall pulling. American pullers rely more on practice or table time. In his opinion the reason the russians and others are getting very dominant is because they are just flat out stronger then the americans. What do you guys think? Almost every video I see of them they are using minimal equipment and using heavy loads in a partial curl or doing cable/rope type work for sidepressure. Lets hear your opinions guys!

Austin  :bow

this is the way I train......but it's mostly because anyone near me can not beat me.....so I do heavy leverage work 5 days a week and heavy wrist work 5 days a week.....biceps 2 times a week......same with heavy cable work I switch up between negatives to positives to holds the whole deal.....and it's working very well for me I feel strong as hell But I have a long way to go to match up to the pros....

Basically all my lifting is concentrated on ArmWrestlling.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how their armwrestlers train specifically, but I could take a hint from the way they train weightlifters and powerlifters.

Maybe it's because Russian and other eastern lifters are very methodical in their training. They tend to cycle their loads and vary the volume/intensity in very specific ways throughout the cycle. They have a plan and stick to the numbers. It's hard to plan and analize table time with any type of numerical consistency. Table time is very subjective. To know whether you're overtrained/undertrained, should work harder or back off, you have to just go by feel.