Powerall Techno

jimwylie1

How fast do I need to get my techno going before it will show my score? I only got it this morning and am still to perfect the technique so I haven't got it going very fast yet :erm

How fast do I need to get my techno going before it will show my score?  I only got it this morning and am still to perfect the technique so I haven't got it going very fast yet  :erm

Thanks  :upsidedwn

That thing looks cool. I don't have one, so I can't help though. :)

i asked them about that model before, they told me it took practice to read the scores i'm not sure what that means.

all i can say is start with wide circles with the arm and as you speed it up decrease the size of the circles and slowly begin to use all wrist.

Thanks Wayne. Been playing with it all day. Can get it up reved up now but I have no idea how I'm going to be able to read the speeds.

I'm getting some random numbers come up but at the moment I can't make out the reading. Like you say, even Powerball say that it takes practice (I checked the website). When I master it I'll post some tips :D

I don't know what the difference between my Powerball/speedmeter combo and your Techno version is, but I can change functions on my speedmeter by pressing the function button and get either instantaneous rpm readings (difficult to read accurately), or a cumulative highest rpm reading, much more valuable for judging your overall progress. After a while, you'll get used to the sound and feel of your Powerball and be able to guess pretty accurately how fast you're winging it. As you get better at it, the motion needed to really get going fast is a very subtle twist of the wrist, much like snapping a curve-ball in baseball, with very little forearm and upper arm movement. I still find it very difficult to get the danged thing going without using the string.... try using it for gradually lengthening periods of time, while you're out walking, for instance, and alternate between your hands. I've done about 75 minutes or a little longer, and it will make your arms ache for sure.

John Scribner