Starting Off

Guest tdkman101

Guest tdkman101

Im looking for a little help. Im 14, 244 pounds, and 6 foot. My arms are built ok but im trying working on the rest of my body. I was wondering about buying the protien powder from like a GNC or something but I dont know if it is safe for me. I have a curling bar with 45 pounds on it and i do about 150 curls. I also do 30 push-ups and 120 sit ups. If anyone has any advice for me it would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin

first of all i'd say your best bet is get plenty of good solid food.  lots of steaks, chops, chicken, and milk.  these will benefit you more than any powder.  secondly, you're old enough to start hitting the weights.  go to your school gym, local Y or gym, or even buy some more weight if you can.  don't worry so much about curls and start squatting, pulling, and pressing.  throw in  some grip work like farmers walks, power holds, pinch gripping, grippers, or towel pull-ups.  get plenty of rest and fresh air.

Guest baldy

Kevin, welcome aboard. You sound like you are built to be very strong if you want. First, what are your goals? That will determine what you need to do. You said your arms are OK and you want to work the rest of your body, so it sounds like you don't really have any grip goals set yet. UD is right about the squats and pulls. Throw in some overhead work (standing press or push press), bench press, incline press, or dips for your upper body. UD's grip suggestions are solid too. Drop the extreme reps for a bit, maybe try 5 sets of 5 for a while.

Also with the size you already are, you don't need protein supplements. Plenty of good healty food (like UD said) will do you fine. Save some time for school and chasing girls too, gotta keep things in balance.

BTW UNDERDAWG, I just saw your tagline. Rollins is one of a kind, isn't he?

rollins is a piece of work alright  :D .  he definitely knows about the iron though