Armwrestling Table With Lever And Pully Attached?

Tom of Iowa2

I'm looking for this armwrestling 'exercise'table i once saw a pic of.

It was an official looking arm wrestling table but it had a lever or handle attached to a pulley(on it) and a cable system.

You could 'pull'on the handle and move the weight stack or??it might have been weight loaded on a loading pin.

It was made for a right handed puller but i 'spose you could build it backwards for lefty OR rig it up with another pully for lefty.

Was cool as all get up and want to find it (or a pic)so i can make one.

Any leads or links to web site or photo appreciated!

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

go to google and look up armwrestling machine and click images and then look on the web and they have a few look in my gallery i have a spring one i made and i also have one with cables if i get a chance ill dig it out and take a pic so you can see how its made the old dan lure mags had the one you are talking about but i cant find it now it also had the big guy on the back cover doing the red pec deck machine

I believe it was "dynamite arms" but last I checked the site was down !

My training partner made his own. He used to use it alot when he first got it but not so much now. In all reality they really arnt that usefull. They dont mimic the feel or movement of a real hand at all. They take all the pressure away from the fingers and only need one movement to execute. I watched guys pull massive amounts of weights on the thing only to be beaten by guys that couldnt do half of their weights.

Im not saying they are totally useless, quite the contrary. Im just saying dont think this will replace the need to acctually armrestle. They can can be useful though. We used to put a bunch of weight on the thig, pull it halfway to the pad and hold it there until we just about passed out. Great way to build your stamina. Good luck in finding what your looking for.

My training partner made his own.  He used to use it alot when he first got it but not so much now.  In all reality they really arnt that usefull.  They dont mimic the feel or movement of a real hand at all.  They take all the pressure away from the fingers and only need one movement to execute.  I watched guys pull massive amounts of weights on the thing only to be beaten by guys that couldnt do half of their weights.

Im not saying they are totally useless, quite the contrary.  Im just saying dont think this will replace the need to acctually armrestle.  They can can be useful though.  We used to put a bunch of weight on the thig, pull it halfway to the pad and hold it there until we just about passed out.  Great way to build your stamina.  Good luck in finding what your looking for.

Yeah when I use mine it's just to stress the inner elbow and the rotator.....I do my hand stuff with levers and pulldown holds with the Rolling thunder and so on....

IMO armwrestling people that your stronger than doesn't seem like the right thing to do....I would think that you would get stronger faster if you pull against something that gave you a challenge.....

if you add enough weight and set the cable short so you have stress from the weight about 6 inches in the losing position . and you work from there its just like a real workout with a person the only thing is the angle so i made mine so it swivels on its own to move the angel so it pulls different all the time when you almost pin it . as for your hand strength take a one inch bar cut it 5 inches long drill in the end and tap it insert a eye hook and attach the cable grab it like you are going to hammercurl it and armwrestle your machine its going to try to turn your hand outward and this will simulate a real arm

Hey thanks.And if anyone stumbles across a photo( or a website with a photo) of this weighted arm wrestling machine??PLEASE post it up.

One thing you could try is putting your table next to a lat machine. Angle the table so that the pulley handle is at the corner of the table on the side opposite of the side you will be standing on. This will give you resistance not only from side to side but also front to back. In other words, this will be simulating both side- and back-pressure at the same time. You can then do multiple reps and even multiple techniques.

http://arm-wrestling.org/forums/119/ShowPost.aspx

Hey thanks.And if anyone stumbles across a photo( or a website with a photo) of this weighted arm wrestling machine??PLEASE post it up.

One thing you could try is putting your table next to a lat machine. Angle the table so that the pulley handle is at the corner of the table on the side opposite of the side you will be standing on. This will give you resistance not only from side to side but also front to back. In other words, this will be simulating both side- and back-pressure at the same time. You can then do multiple reps and even multiple techniques.

http://arm-wrestling.org/forums/119/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks!That link to that thread was informative.The pics of that guys work out dungeon was awesome.I am looking for the design and hope to have a shop build it for me.

I made something similar, but no table proper, just a weight bench..I placed a pully on the rafter with a rope with a weight on the end and the gripping end had an iron handle hand piece that was holow so the rope would go through ...simple, cheap as hard as FU*K

Thanks!That link to that thread was informative.The pics of that guys work out dungeon was awesome.I am looking for the design and hope to have a shop build it for me.

I've done this sitting on a preacher curl bench and used a thick rope on the pulley. Place the knot on the rope up towards your thumb, so that the pressure is on the pinkie side of your palm. Pull the rope down and twist your wrist to the "hammer" and pin it.