Inch Dumbbell Dimensions

perrymk

Can't wait to hear and see the outcome of this. I sure hope you guys are able to pull this off.

W

So long as I can pull the bell off the ground... (I was gonna do a Frankie Howard / Julian Clarey joke about pulling off but thought better of it). :dry

Did a little training with the 2.5-inch handle tonight:

Thick bar only. It took ages and a hammer to 'persuade' the bar to take the weights so I had a sweat going by the end.

Loaded 80-kilos (176 + 8 = 184lbs total) and did 6 x 1 right and 3 x 1 left. Easy enough with the right hand I moved my hand up and down the handle and lifted it different ways. Left hand was work and so did it tilted and that's all she wrote.

If Chris brings his Inch, I have a Millennium, a old and stiff Rolling Thunder and my 2.5-inch handle, a 3-inch FBBC wrist roller. Plus 19 grippers and asoorted goodies.

Don't forget to take lots of pics/video for this event!! :D:bow

I'm on it Hicks! :cool

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

seeing as how Big Chris James is comin over and maybe the Holles how about if he aint doing anything at the time see if big Dale wants to come and have a play with the Inch d/bells as well.

I already asked him. :D He has his own Inch replica and did 4 and not the 5 push press reps I said. I want him to try the Millennium. He lives about 1 hour away. Oh and he's now a member here - Welshdragon.

I can't answer your question but have an additional one.  I have heard the handle diameter is 2.375" on the original but the replicas are 2.47" - anyone know the story behind this or is this correct?

I have read and also been told that when the replicas were made, and error occured in between engineering and casting and somehow 2.375 was missread as 2.47 (rounded down).

.. neilkaz ..

Edited by neilkaz

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately i won't make it. Not that i am looker for a warmer climate that time (Jim) but it's too expensive to get there.

To soften this pain of not being able to make it, i will compete in a german comp on 25th :D

Theo

thats what i thought bro after reading the German comp thread,never mind hope you and all the others do well at the German comp.

Steve

Is this still on for the 25th Feb.I am still up for it who else :D

I am and am still training for it.

Yeah, sorry bout that gazza.

Now i hope nobody is doing anything special, otherwise i have to slap myself in the face for missing a monumentuous moment :tongue

Sorry to bring this thread back to Thomas Inch dumbbell dimensions, but I've read on a bunch of sites on the Internet that the Inch has a 2.47" diameter handle. I noticed the Sorinex site says it has a 2.4" handle, and I don't want any easy Inch. The Ironmind site says it's 2.47". Are they all the same and this just a Sorinex typo, or do different sources actually change the dimensions?

Sorinex:

https://secure.directus.net/sorinex/viewitem.asp?id=28

Ironmind:

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/...asp?number=1348

0.07"?? You know what they say, size matters... :D

Steelbiceps

The original inch which kim wood owns has a 2 3/8"handle the 4 replicas in England all have 2 3/8" handles the ones sold by sorinex and ironmind all have 2 4/7"handles.

So it's a WHOLE LOT easier over in Europe - right? :rolleyes I wish I was close enough I thought that might matter.

I think if Big Chris and Dale and the Holle boyz turn up plus Mobster then special things will certainly happen :D

I hope so too. I'll be emailing and PM'ing from Monday.

So it's a WHOLE LOT easier over in Europe - right? :rolleyes I wish I was close enough I thought that might matter.

I've lifted versions in the UK, Sweden and America and they were all easy ha ha

Steelbiceps

The original inch which kim wood owns has a 2 3/8"handle the 4 replicas in England all have 2 3/8" handles the ones sold by sorinex and ironmind all have 2 4/7"handles.

Thanks, Gazza. And yeah, DuTCH, 0.07" counts! I definitely want the hardest-to-lift version there is. I also want to cert by TNSing my shinny 2005 #3, never count a rep if the spotter even touches the bar, and believe bench shirts are cheating. :cool