Heaviest One Hand Curl....

kyle102887

re: my curls

Full ROM on my hammer curls (to shoulder). I don't swing them up, but no, they are not done 100% strict. My negatives are done controlled.

sorry for any confusion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darco

• kyle102887

• unseenbeat

• BigPaulFromCityHall

Гантелей прямо с пола Воевода подимал на бицепс 95 кг. с угла подимал 150 кг.! Но приоритетным Воевода считаю статику - удерживал 237кг.! (90 градусов)

A rough translation please....

I am thinking it says he is doing statics with 150 kilos....

And what with 95 kilos?

Гантелей прямо с пола Воевода подимал на бицепс 95 кг. с угла подимал 150 кг.! Но приоритетным Воевода считаю статику - удерживал 237кг.! (90 градусов)

One handed dumbbell curl:

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg.

Movement (traffic) semi (1/2movement -From 90 degrees) -150kg.

Static (isometric) 90 degrees -237kg.

Alexy perform these exercises in sitting position, from right angle, elbow leaning on the inner side of thigh!!!!!

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg.... u mean he curls a 200 pound dumbell concentration style full rom? yeah sure....... are there any vid's of him curling huge weight???

I hammer curl 110lb dumbells. I have done a reverse curl with 200lbs for 4 reps and ez bar curled 200lbs for 6 reps. At a bodyweight of around 250.

great job dude, even if theres a slight cheat :rock

Full range of movement (traffic) -95 kg.... u mean he curls a 200 pound dumbell concentration style full rom? yeah sure....... are there any vid's of him curling huge weight???
I hammer curl 110lb dumbells. I have done a reverse curl with 200lbs for 4 reps and ez bar curled 200lbs for 6 reps. At a bodyweight of around 250.

great job dude, even if theres a slight cheat :rock

Thats not concentration style.......

I believe concentration style is standing leaning over and curling to chest....

What he is doing and the angles he does it in.....is different from a curl you would do.

His Curls are for armwrestling.......leaning on the inner side of his thigh is different then elbow on thigh......

His Curls are for armwrestling.....

Yes! His whole training are for armwrestling

Edited by pawel r

• 2 weeks later...

i found this vid on utube these guys use to be one of my favorite two lifters :flame

Those were a lot closer to powercleans than curls.

YES THEY ARE SLOPPY BUT IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE GRABS A PAIR OF 150S IF THEY GET THEM TO THERE SHOLDER THERE DOING SOMTHING AND TIMMY I SAW THESE GUYS DO 400LB BEHIND THE NECK PRESSES COLD THEY MIGHT BE 12LB PLATES I DONT THINK THEY WOULD GO ON TV LIVE AND NOT USE THE WEIGHT THEY SAID IT WAS THE OTHER VIDEO OF THEM DOING 500LB REVERSE GRIP THEY FAILED THE LIFT SO IF THEY WERE GOING TO CHEET THEY WOULD OF MADE THAT LIFT TO THESE GUYS NEVER COMPETTED IN POWERLIFTING THEY DID IT FOR THE FUN OF IT

no need to respond buddy i didnt mean anything by responding to your post sometimes after going back to a post it looks like someone is trying to put in a dig but almost all the time its just the way we write it or word it and not think :tongue

Many times Armwrestling worldchampion Engin Terzi from Turkey about the current World Champion right hand (-75kg) from Slovakia:

"...he told me that he trained with Rustam for the WAF worlds in manchester.he also showed me a video clip by his cell phone where he was curling the biggest dumbell that i have ever seen (190 pounds).except my bicep the rest that i had was enough to beat him but did not go as i wanted...."

I know, this is hard to believe, but Engin Terzi is a very credible guy.

Florian are you sure you didnt mean the young Slovakian armwrestler, Ljubomir or what his name is? I think I have read that it was him curling that weight. Not that I doubt Rustam also can do this...

With one hand? Wtf? Would probably be a "curl" like the one in the video Dan showed, with a huge swing. Would still be MIGHTY impressive though!

Florian are you sure you didnt mean the young Slovakian armwrestler, Ljubomir or what his name is? I think I have read that it was him curling that weight. Not that I doubt Rustam also can do this...

He meant him, read again :)

• 2 weeks later...
strict curl with 190lbs?.... nah probably was a cheat and swing or something

No cheat, no swing. This is, what Engin Terzi wrote:

"i saw Lumobir curling this dumbell on a straight down scott bench but he was not letting the dumbell go down to be parellel to floor(which would be 90 degree) ,but to about 75 or 80 degree."

strict curl with 190lbs?.... nah probably was a cheat and swing or something

No cheat, no swing. This is, what Engin Terzi wrote:

"i saw Lumobir curling this dumbell on a straight down scott bench but he was not letting the dumbell go down to be parellel to floor(which would be 90 degree) ,but to about 75 or 80 degree."

Though impressive(for his body weight) it was only a partial movement as in Engin's words he was only going down to 75/80 degrees,(not as far as parallel to the floor).If the movement was full ROM he would obviously be using considerably less wgt.When I was doing bodybuilding training in the late 70's there were a number of bodybuilders(Bertil Fox was one) who could do 110lbs dumbells for reps on the incline bench(incline curls),These were done strictly over full ROM also.I suspect Magnus Samuelson now,or Kazmaer in the past(judging by the size of his brachioradialis)could hammer curl 150+easily.I know magnus has a dvd out called the man with the worlds strongest arms,or something similar.I havent seen it but i bet he's shifting some serious poundage on it.