Heaviest One Hand Curl....

kyle102887

What is the heaviest one arm curl or hold that you have heard of....I read that Alexey Voevoda could hold a 235 kilo dumbell(or dumbell handle not sure) for time....

What curl weights have you heard of that made you just say WTF......

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darco

• kyle102887

• unseenbeat

• BigPaulFromCityHall

What is the heaviest one arm curl or hold that you have heard of....I read that Alexey Voevoda could hold a 235 kilo dumbell(or dumbell handle not sure) for time....

What curl weights have you heard of that made you just say WTF......

A 518 lb Dumbbell ? Ya, that makes me say WTF.

I've been told that there is a guy lifting at the local Y who hammer curls 150's.

No one is curling a 518 pound dumbell. There were the same rumors about Rustam curling something rediculous and then there is a vid of him using 90 pounds and its a tough weight for him. Hes strong no doubt but niether are that strong. Ive heard Gary goodridge used over 200 on a partial hammer curl using a 45 degree bench. the most Ive heard about when using a 90 degree bench is Espeys 140x6 I believe.

I believe Manfred Hoeberl used to claim a 400 E-Z or BB curl, but his fan's site only shows him using 135.

there must have been a mistake made by the translator.

the dimensions of the dumbell--let alone the weight----make this feat unlikely

i have never heard of any dumbells heavier than a pair of 300's that are in a gym in hawaii.

manfred was often quoted at saying that with his 26 inch arms he could cheat curl 405.

it may have been overzealous writers--not manfred--making the claims--but both numbers seem inflated.

Dennis Rogers curling a 98 pound dumbell for 10 reps on a preachers bench @148 pounds bodyweight is INSANE to me. :bow

Edited by unseenbeat

engin turzi doing onehanded pullups while holding 50 pounds in the other, is pretty amazing to me.

Those are nothing more then loads of shots of synthol and not real muscle. . .

2 of the strongest drug free guys I have met have Been Jacob Abbott and Luke riemer. . .

engin turzi doing onehanded pullups while holding 50 pounds in the other, is pretty amazing to me.

Didn't MonkeyPaws do one while holding a 50# blob?

If i had arms that looked like that guy above i would never go outside.talk about ridiculous.

Looks like a sack of tumors on his arm and not bicep and tricep.

It technicly is, he had to have surgery to remove the massive clots of scar tissue that where forming around the "injection site".

He still doesnt look anywhere as bad a Klaus Doring.

As far as Hoeberl's arm goes, 26'' is the legit size, or 25.5'' cold. Measured by Joe Roark himself, and I believe one of the VERY few people who have a bicep that is triple their wrist measurement. Does anybody own 10 minutes to massive arms ?

Edited by Darco

It technicly is, he had to have surgery to remove the massive clots of scar tissue that where forming around the "injection site".

He still doesnt look anywhere as bad a Klaus Doring.

As far as Hoeberl's arm goes, 26'' is the legit size, or 25.5'' cold. Measured by Joe Roark himself, and I believe one of the VERY few people who have a bicep that is triple their wrist measurement. Does anybody own 10 minutes to massive arms ?

i did not know that they had ever been actually measured at 25.5.

as most bicep claims are exagerated--i assumed this was also.

muscle mags have exagerated arm size for decades.

i stand corrected.

What makes it even sadder is what the guy used to look like:

http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/211greg-young.jpg

Edited by bdckr

As far as I remember, Voevoda claimed he could hold a 80-90 kg dumbell in the curl position. Over 500 lbs?  ;)

That makes more sense for a hold then........2.5+ times that.

As far as I remember, Voevoda claimed he could hold a 80-90 kg dumbell in the curl position. Over 500 lbs?  ;)

maybe it was lost in translation and the 235 kilos is 235 pounds on a regulated hoist, This is what I have read on the ask the pros page at the www.armpower.net website.....I couldn't believe it aswell wich it partly why I posted here for you guys to read...Espeys 140x10 Hammer is impressive and with a little work I should be able to do that.....and it was a hold at 235 pounds not a curl I do believe one hand I think aswell.....

Espeys 140x10 Hammer is impressive and with a little work I should be able to do that

Less talk more work DAMMIT !

Espeys 140x10 Hammer is impressive and with a little work I should be able to do that

Less talk more work DAMMIT !

meh I post .3 times a day I work trust me.....when I first started I could do 60.....

I read that Dennis Sester curled buckets filled with wet sand weighting 68kg. His arms look unreal, I'm not shure if he is an oil barrell or not.

The largest known bicep is the right bicep of an American, Denis Sester, which measures 30 inches when cold. He built up his amazing muscles by performing arm curls with a 150-pound bucket of sand. As a youngster he wrestled 400-pound hogs on his parents' farm to get fit.

Found it on a random webpage.