The Nailman's Top 50 & Top 20 Bending List (merged) 9-28-14

EricMilfeld

Eric, what does it take to get on the top 50 list these days? a 6.5" red or bastard?

- Aaron

A 6.5" Red would do the trick, but a Bastard wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Acorn for making the 35th spot with his recent speedy demolition of a 6.5" Red Nail!

And Ben Edwards has climbed way up towards the top of the list with a Shiny Bastard bend. Congratulations, Ben!

Congratulations to Acorn for making the 35th spot with his recent speedy demolition of a 6.5" Red Nail!

Congrats Acorn! Great bend man. :rock

And Ben Edwards has climbed way up towards the top of the list with a Shiny Bastard bend. Congratulations, Ben!

Thanks Eric! :rock It's GREAT to break into the top 10! :yikes

Another question for Eric: The next step for me is a Big Shiny Bastard. I don't have any of them at the 6.5" length. BUT I do have a few of the 7" Shiny Bastards left. Is it legal to cut them down on video to 6.5" and thus make them an unofficial Big Shiny Bastard? Or do they need to be ordered that way from FBBC to count for the Top 50 List?

I kinked one the day after my first Shiny Bastard bend so I think I might be able to get one down before the BBB if I work very quickly.

It won't be long now for that Big Shiny Bastard. I got one to less than 90 degrees in 25 seconds today. But fought it for 2 minutes and couldn't finish it off. If I can muster a little more speed in the beginning I can finish it off no problem. Can't wait for that one!

Another question for Eric: The next step for me is a Big Shiny Bastard. I don't have any of them at the 6.5" length. BUT I do have a few of the 7" Shiny Bastards left. Is it legal to cut them down on video to 6.5" and thus make them an unofficial Big Shiny Bastard? Or do they need to be ordered that way from FBBC to count for the Top 50 List?

I kinked one the day after my first Shiny Bastard bend so I think I might be able to get one down before the BBB if I work very quickly.

Mr. Beatty has allowed me to cut down stock for certs in the past. But I would check with him again, just to make sure. And yes, a cut down Shiny whose length is shown on camera is good enough for a top 50 cert.

Mr. Beatty has allowed me to cut down stock for certs in the past. But I would check with him again, just to make sure. And yes, a cut down Shiny whose length is shown on camera is good enough for a top 50 cert.

Thanks for the clarification Eric. That warms my heart. :cool

Here's a weird question: Would a 4.5" Grade 8 get someone on the list? Would ANY length of Grade 8 now or does it totally have to be a short Bastard or short Red to get on the list?

Here's a weird question: Would a 4.5" Grade 8 get someone on the list? Would ANY length of Grade 8 now or does it totally have to be a short Bastard or short Red to get on the list?

Yes, that short of a grade 8 would definitely earn a spot on the list. I would need some feedback from others to decide on the exact placement, though.

Yes, that short of a grade 8 would definitely earn a spot on the list. I would need some feedback from others to decide on the exact placement, though.

That's very cool. I'll be getting one done soon and was just curious where it would rate for statistics sake.

Though Mike Hadland maintains the number 6 spot, he's made a big jump up to the Big Shiny Bastard. Daddy Hadland's unstoppable!

Though Mike Hadland maintains the number 6 spot, he's made a big jump up to the Big Shiny Bastard. Daddy Hadland's unstoppable!

Great job Mike!!! :rock:mosher You just won't slow down for me, will you? :D

Great job Mike!!! :rock:mosher You just won't slow down for me, will you? :D

Ha!! Just attempting to slow down the inevitable :flame:D

Congrats Mike. :rock

Very impressive bend.

Eric, I was wondering what the order of toughness as far as the list goes for Bastard, Hex, Shiny from Bastard thru Huge Shiny Bastard. I've been trying to figure out what order to bend them in order to not skip any in order of toughness.

Thanks,

- Aaron

Congratulations to Thomas Becker for making the 32nd spot with a 6.5 x 5/16" round FBBC bar bend!

Congratulations to Thomas Becker for making the 32nd spot with a 6.5 x 5/16" round FBBC bar bend!

Congrats Thomas! :rock Great bend buddy. Way to climb the list man.

Why there are two same level benders on different spot? I mean like this

2) Greg Amidon.........................Magnificent Bastard

3) Dave Morton..........................Magnificent Bastard

Both can bend the same thing and why not they both become number 2?

Why there are two same level benders on different spot? I mean like this

2) Greg Amidon.........................Magnificent Bastard

3) Dave Morton..........................Magnificent Bastard

Both can bend the same thing and why not they both become number 2?

One was performed before the other.

Eric, I was wondering what the order of toughness as far as the list goes for Bastard, Hex, Shiny from Bastard thru Huge Shiny Bastard. I've been trying to figure out what order to bend them in order to not skip any in order of toughness.

Thanks,

- Aaron

Aaron, I made up a ranking list as you requested, but keep in mind that the order of bends will not be the same for all benders. This is due to the fact that some of us favor longer steel, while others favor shorter.

Bastard

Big Bastard

Hexabastard

Big Hexabastard

Huge Bastard

Grand Bastard

Huge Hexabastard

Shiny Bastard

Big Shiny Bastard

Huge Shiny Bastard

With his bend of a Hexabastard bar, Travis Mickelberry has made the list way up at the 26th spot!

Congrats to my buddy Tom and to Travis for jumping into the list.

With his bend of a Hexabastard bar, Travis Mickelberry has made the list way up at the 26th spot!

HUGE congrats to Travis for jumping onto the list at the 26th spot!!! :rock

Thanks Guys and thank you Ben for coming down to witness my encounter with the Hexabastard.

Thanks also to Eric for putting my name on the list.

You guys rock.