The Nailman's Top 50 & Top 20 Bending List (merged) 9-28-14

EricMilfeld

I definitely forsee a G5 5/16" 7" bolt as the only way into the top 10 in 6-8 months. In 2 years it will probably be a Big G8..........Better stay healthy!!

To all the guys climbing the top 50 like crazy.........keep it going!!

Burner

Technique has seemingly improved a lot too! I would say that a red nail Old Terminator Style is still something that deserves some credit?

Or does it not? :tongue

I think it deserves plenty of credit! And he has everyone's greatest respect for that kind of strength. But just like if I chose to bench without a shirt in an equipped fed and got 700 while another guy used a two ply denim and got 750, he won the contest. Just because I chose to use the style that was harder and was probably stronger than that guy (raw) it is still a contest in the end. And the bigger the better.

That said, I know that Pat is still on top of the list. In fact, he's so far on top of the rest of us that it's ridiculous.

wow...........sub 7" reds are the only way to get on the top 50 SICK!!!

Congratulations, John! Your 6.5" Red earned you the 38th spot!

Congrats to BIG John Eaton for a GREAT bend!!! :rock None of our spots are safe anymore. :blink

Congrats to BIG John Eaton for a GREAT bend!!! :rock None of our spots are safe anymore. :blink

Thanks guys! I'm happy to be here.

Congratulations to Acorn for securing the 14th spot with an easy bend of the Grand Bastard!

Congratulations, John Eaton, on your climb up the ladder with a rather easy looking 6" Red bend!

Once again, great bend Big John!!! Congrats! :rock

Eric, if a grand bastard needs 695 pounds to bend and the huge shiny bastard needs 625 pounds then why the grand bastard are rancked below huge bastard? Even the shiny bastard?

When Eric calibrates a bar he measures the pounds necessary to bend that bar to a certain degree.

For the top-50 list the difficulty of the WHOLE bend is taken into account.

The crushdown on stainless steel is significantly harder than on normal CRS.

Hope that helps.

So Erics calibration is to a certain degree? That makes sense. I thought of it but wasn't sure. Thanks for making it clear.

When Eric calibrates a bar he measures the pounds necessary to bend that bar to a certain degree.

For the top-50 list the difficulty of the WHOLE bend is taken into account.

The crushdown on stainless steel is significantly harder than on normal CRS.

Hope that helps.

That's right. Also, like I made mention of in the original calibration post, comparing the poundage rating of a 5.5" stock to a 6" stock will not yield a meaningful result. The shorter stock will always appear to be harder than it actually is.

With his meteoric rise in the bending world, Aaron Corcorran has garnered the number 4 spot in "magnificent" style!

With his meteoric rise in the bending world, Aaron Corcorran has garnered the number 4 spot in "magnificent" style!

Huge congrats to Acorn!!! :rock

Without the huge wealth of knowledge and support found here I never would have progressed past the Blue. A big thank you to the boards benders.

- Aaron

Congrats Aaron! Magnificent Bastard!!! :rock

Eric,

Great info here, thanks

David

Thanks, David!

Guys, I apologize for not being able to update the list in a timely manner, but work's been kicking my butt these past two weeks. Gasoline prices have dropped significantly, so it's go, go, go for the gasoline transportation company for which I work. But as soon as I get a chance I'll be adding all those terrific bends from Beatty's contest to the list.