The Nailman's Top 50 & Top 20 Bending List (merged) 9-28-14

EricMilfeld

Two more certs and the non-cert red is gone. Awesome stuff.

I say give this list 2 more years and a red nail cert won't even get you on!! :blink

2 more years! Probably more like 6 months I'd say!

Two more certs and the non-cert red is gone. Awesome stuff.

I say give this list 2 more years and a red nail cert won't even get you on!! :blink

2 more years! Probably more like 6 months I'd say!

I don't know, I am constantly reminded by some very strong powerlifters that the red nail is no joke......When you incorporate the wrap and time restraint, you take it to a whole new level. If you are way above the red it might seem trivial to compare your bends to a 7" red but you must put into perspective what you went through to get there. That alone should keep all certified red benders humble.

Edited by burner

If you are way above the red it might seem trivial to compare your bends to a 7" red but you must put into perspective what you went through to get there. That alone should keep all certified red benders humble.

Very true. The time on the summit may not be remembered but the journey there will never be forgotten.

Congratulations to Sean Prince on his jump to the #7 spot!

Thanks to all you helped me get there. The list seems like a great tool for motivation. I know the list is not complete as some giants lurk and have not bent in a while to update their standing. I have no illusions. Keep up the hard work gentlemen either Double Overhand, Double Underhand, Terminator, or Slim Style bending steel is bending steel and that is a great thing.

-Sean

Awesome stuff guys! :rock

Those of us that are a mile away from the base of the Bending Mountain can only look on and shake our heads in envy. :cool

I've updated the list with John Beatty's climb to the 18th position, via his recent Huge Bastard cert. Way to go, John! :rock

Frankyboy has climbed up a few notches with his fantastic 5 7/8" Red bend performed for the Gripboard Grip Bash!

:blush Thanks Eric.

• 2 weeks later...

The list is updated with Brett Kerby's Huge Hexabastard certification. :rock

Due to my newly acquired shininess, I've changed my number four spot bend.

• 1 month later...

Fellas-

I've put the top 50 list in STRONG issue 2. Thanks to Mr Milfeld for all his work, both on the list & on all his calibrations. Enjoy your FAME, benders! :rolleyes

Fellas-

I've put the top 50 list in STRONG issue 2. Thanks to Mr Milfeld for all his work, both on the list & on all his calibrations. Enjoy your FAME, benders! :rolleyes

Cool deal, John!

And you're very welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, gopher and Wayne for making the list!

Now a Bastard bend isn't even good enough to make the list!

Congratulations, gopher and Wayne for making the list!

Now a Bastard bend isn't even good enough to make the list!

thanks again, Eric!

• 2 weeks later...

A big congratulations to Mike Hadland for joining the list at the #31 spot!

Thanks Eric!!! I too have morphed into a DO bender. HMMM :blink

Congratulations to Gazza for making the list again with a number 5 ranking! The video of this bend is the most impressive full length one of the year, in my book.

Congrats Gary, well deserved.

• 2 weeks later...

It is my pleasure to relinquish the number 4 spot to the mighty Gazza. His bend of a Huge Shiny Bastard was nothing short of spectacular. The video of this bend is probably my favorite grip related video of all time. :rock:bow

That man is shooting through the roof.

Congrats again Gary. :bow

Eric and all thankyou very much for the acknowledgement it means a great deal to me :D your continued support is what makes the pain bearable :whacked

Eric what would a 5.5"x5/16"fbbc stainless round get me cert wise as if i go for a magnificent bastard it wont move me up the certs list,i think also a 5"and 4.5"bars are to short for me at the moment.

I do think i have a 5 3/4"stainless round in me possibly even a 5.5" one but this would take time it would need alot more work on the sweep and crush :cry

I think i might start work on the big g5s and some 9/32"stainless and see were that takes me.

Good point.

I think Eric himself once said:

"Unless I can't bend a bar which was good for spot X I don't want to place myself in front of that spot with another bar." (5.5" Hex vs 5" Round)

Thats ok for myself, that means that I don't want to bypass any Grand Bastard Benders with a Huge Hex Bend unless I bent the Grand Bastard on my own.