The Nailman's Top 50 & Top 20 Bending List (merged) 9-28-14

EricMilfeld

What happens when two more people cert on the red? What happens when there are MANY peolpe who bend the red? Does the list get longer? Shorter? Or do we just not add any more red bends, and those who are on with a red are "Grandfathered" in?

Since its a top-50 list there obviously will be always 50 spots.

Unless you are talking of an IM Red cert only the very next Red bend brings you on the list.

Subsequent (non IM certed) Red bends just don't enter that list.

The IM Red cert is rated higher than the GB Red cert or the Bastard Cert due to the higher requirements (timing, pads) so there are still a few spots availabe for those bends.

Not too far away even a IM Red cert won't bring you on that list any longer. :rock

I just changed my best bend to the Grand Hexabastard, which I did today. I was kind of on the fence as to what would be hardest: Grand Hexabastard or regular Magnificent Bastard. So after I did the hex, I tried the Magnificent round, but came to a stop at roughly ninety. Of course I was a bit worn out by then, and I don't really excell at real short stuff. But for the time being I wouldn't feel right about ranking myself higher than a piece of steel I've yet to bend. For the average bender, who knows, the Magnificent round may be easier. But they're definitely in the same neighborhood.

Sean Prince climbs up to the number 17 spot with his recent Huge Bastard certification! Way to persevere, smp76!!!

It is a hard list to stay on. I remember when Eric first made the list and I was greatful to be 47th? For a Grade 8 bend! :blink No people are fighting to get on with a Red Bend. What a motivator this list has become.

With Jonathan Medwig's Red domination for the 50th spot, a Red bend will no longer get you on the list! The exception is if you certify with Iron Mind, otherwise you need to cut one down to 6.75". Incredible.

Congrats again, Left Side!

Leftside causin all kinds of trouble.........

Great job man!!

Burner

• 2 weeks later...

Burner's been heatin' up the steel lately! The big man is now #5 with his Huge Hexabastard bend.

• 2 weeks later...

The competition level to earn a spot on this list just amazes me. I've updated it with Martin Kotte's Huge Hexabastard cert performed at the Hahnenbacher Grip Challenge back on February 25th. Also, at the same contest Thorsten Moser certed with a Bastard bar for the 44th spot on the Nailman's list. There's another bend performed at the same contest pending verification that would make the list, as well.

I believe so...... :blink

Sometimes I forget how hard I worked to achieve the red cert. For those of you bustin' your humps to one day give randy a call and feel like it will never happen.........Don't quit, never quit..It would take me all day to type all the different kinds of minor and major injuries guys have been through trying to move the 5/16" bars.......!! Stay with it, be focussed and listen to your bodies....the mind is overwhelmingly stronger than the body...that was my first barrier to overcome.

best of luck :mosher:mosher

burner

Jens Meyer (ouzo12) has now made his way onto the list with a Bastard bend for the 45th spot. Congratulations, Jens!

Wow, this is good news!!

Congrats, Jens! :bow

Jens Meyer (ouzo12) has now made his way onto the list with a Bastard bend for the 45th spot. Congratulations, Jens!

Jonathan Medwig has "pushed" his way back into the list. :) Congratulations, Left Side!

And Thomas Becker has also made the list with a Bastard bend, and sits just in front of Jonathan. I watched Thomas's video and was thoroughly impressed with his "never say die" attitude. Congratulations, Thomas!

I just corrected Thomas Becker's ranking order. He's actually 45th. I had the date of his bend wrong.

great comeback Leftside......hang in there!! :rock

Thanks Burner, it's not easy to stay on this list.

But I love a challenge.

Edited by Left Side

With his bend of a 6.5" Red, Jens Meyer has climbed even further up the list to the 30th spot. Congratulations, Jens!

There a lot of spots to jump if you beat the red nail roster.

Looks like 6.5" red is the way to go, for the next step.

Congratulations, Jason Williams, on your fine Bastard bend during the Show of Hands Grip Cup last night. The 48th spot is yours!

Two more certs and the non-cert red is gone. Awesome stuff.

I say give this list 2 more years and a red nail cert won't even get you on!! :blink