York Dumbbells

mikebuck

I wanna know what the dimensions a 75lb blob will be :blink The 60lb hex head just dwarfed the 50lb Blob so I wonder what the 75lb will look like???? I'm going to order the 100 and 110lbers first and go from there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• Soilworker

• climber511

• DAN PRAYDIS

A #75 Blob!!! WOW!!! Who will be the first to lift it???? Richard, Wade, John??? This is going to be Great!!! Let the games begin. :mosher:mosher:mosher

Edited by Chuckie B.

If York follows the pattern from the 35# blob to the 50# blob and I can still figure out basic fractions :) the 75# blob will be 4 3/16" across the top and 6" on the slopes, YIKES

A #75 Blob!!! WOW!!! Who will be the first to lift it????......

Hhhmmmmmm......I am going to take a wild guess here:

Nobody. :help

A #75 Blob!!! WOW!!! Who will be the first to lift it???? Richard, Wade, John??? This is going to be Great!!! Let the games begin.

As I stare into my crystal ball, I see something coming into focus. What is it?

Looking......

Oh yeah: Blob Ownage 101- Class is in Session

-Rick

I am guessing if anyone dose it Wade will. Here is a link that gives his prs.wades prs His blob plus weight is 75 lbs! :blink 25 lbs hooked to the blob. :blink The limiting factor will be the extra width with the slope. We will see.

The York site doesn't work for me, anyone able to get in? It starts to load , then just sits there - I can't see anything but the opening page.

Yeah, I don't know what is with that, the York site. Some of the stuff doesn't work well; must be under construction. If you hold the cursor over those main choices, there will be more that open up under it. Those should take you somewhere. It does for me at least. If you are one dial-up, it will take a long time for those pages to load.

Yeah, I don't know what is with that, the York site. Some of the stuff doesn't work well; must be under construction. If you hold the cursor over those main choices, there will be more that open up under it. Those should take you somewhere. It does for me at least. If you are one dial-up, it will take a long time for those pages to load.

The site works fine on my computer I just can't find any reference to the old style dumbbells.

The site works fine on my computer I just can't find any reference to the old style dumbbells.

I don't think there is any. Like they said in the beginning of the post, this reproduction is a ways off.

Rick,

I did not leave Jedd out on purpose!! He is an "ANIMAL" with the Blob. Just got caught up in the moment. Maybe there could a Blob contest after the "Big Blobs "are out for a year!!!

A #75 Blob!!! WOW!!! Who will be the first to lift it????......

Hhhmmmmmm......I am going to take a wild guess here:

Nobody. :help

Roger that

Roger that

Never say never.

When these new dbs hit the market, I will personally by the 150 for Jedd. With his hand size, grit, and tendency to work himself into the ground, I have no doubt at all that he will lift it.

-Rick

if anyone wants to let me borrow their CC to buy stuff from the york site I would'nt have any objections. Just PM me with the card # and other info :whistel

I dont think the 75lb Super blob is possible for anybody on this board.

why not?

also, the york site controls are not netscape compatible. it won't work for my firefox, but will for ie.

Wade is on this board and his pinch is off the chart. We don't know how far one can go and progress at this stuff because no one has really been doing it long enough to really see. I wouldn't say it will never be lifted by someone on this board. As Rick said never say never.

Roger that

Never say never.

When these new dbs hit the market, I will personally by the 150 for Jedd. With his hand size, grit, and tendency to work himself into the ground, I have no doubt at all that he will lift it.

-Rick

Jedd can do some sic stuff with a blob but there is a limit to everything. It will depend on how much wider it gets, what kind of finish they put on it, and most importantly if it has round portly sides or the straighter sides like the newer blobs. Mr. Sorin posted that Doc was the only one he'd seen get anywhere close with his original blob, due to the portly sides. If this new 75lber has those :whistel

I'd LOVE to have Jedd or anybody else prove me wrong though. I have to admit I was surprised you didn't include Wade as someone that will lift it.

i was not aware that the- old style-- york-- solid cast iron dumbells went any heavier than 120 pounds each.

they do make iron plate loaded- dumbells that go to 150 pounds.

these use cast iron plates but are not the old style.

this type of york dumbell has cast iron plates. one style coated with rubber. one style uncoated.

I dont think the 75lb Super blob is possible for anybody on this board.

I'M WITH KEVIN ON THIS ONE THE BIGGER THEY GET THE WIDER THEY BECOME AND LESS FINGER ON THE BLOB THE FIRST TIME I GOT A 40LB BLOB IT WAS EASY THE 45 WAS HARD AND MY 50 WAS HARDER YET ONLY 6 INCHES OR AIR AFTER MONTHS OF WORK THEN IT WAS TOOK FROM MY YARD NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN :cry KEVIN IS YOUNG YET AND HE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE THAN MOST. JUST BECAULS HE IS SO YOUNG IF HE NEVER GETS HURT AND KEEPS LIFTING AND GRIPPING . WISH THE BOARD WAS AROUND WHEN I WAS 18 NO TELLING WHERE ID BE TODAY . IN GRIP AND I KNOW SOME GOT A LATE START AND STILL ARE AT THE TOP BUT THEY ARE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN AND IN A CLASS ALL THERE OWN :bow

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

I may be wrong here, but I would be willing to put money on Jedd lifting Sorin's original blob without much effort.

I also believe he snatched Doc's blob at NOS3. No one else did.

-Rick