York Dumbbells

mikebuck

If it ever will be lifted, 75lb blob wont go anywhere in the first few years its out I would guess. Ive heard Wade did the Blob + 25lb but a blob 75 would be a whole diffrent story.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jad

• Soilworker

• climber511

• DAN PRAYDIS

I may be wrong here, but I would be willing to put money on Jedd lifting Sorin's original blob without much effort.

I also believe he snatched Doc's blob at NOS3.  No one else did.

-Rick

Has Jedd ever tried Sorin's orginal? I would tend to think Jedd could get it too but this is copy and pasted from the post I was referring to so...??

Even a pound in a plate or Blob lift makes a huge difference in success or failure. In addition am real sure your 60s vintage Blobs are the "fat sides" and when you conquer it you can really manhandle a newer one. I always wondered why all the grip people that tried my original never even broke it off the ground(except Sean Dockery) in all the years I have had it (over 22 years). A world of difference lies between a 47.5 and a 50lb blob as well...it may take a year to go up that little bit. RS

Josh,

Jedd has tried one of Richard Sorin's original blobs. I own one of Richard's original blobs, and brought it out to Pat Povilaitis' house for him to try. He broke it a few inches off the ground, but in all fairness, that was over a year and a half ago, and Jedd had improved leaps and bounds since that time. Heath Sexton fully deadlifted this blob. We all know about Heath, and how impressive he is, but you do not really appreciate him fully until you seee him in action for yourself.

I have fuly deadlifted Steve's blob, it came from IronIsland. I also fully deadlifted a blob at NOSII, I don't know if it was Richard's or not?

Heath, to refresh your memory, you actually lifted Steve's Sorin Blob first at Bollenbach's gym a few days before the infamous double blob video. I remember how casual it looked, and I remember the grin on your face when you realized you just lifted the mystical blob.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve. As far as Heath, I think he is a better wide pincher than he is a crusher :calm I base it on the 6 10's list being smaller than the #4 list.

There's a York dealer here in Columbus. If anyone wants to go in on a group buy, PM me. I'm going to be contacting the York dealer for pricing. A fella can always use a challenge.

I'm witholding any predictions until I see a half of a 150.

Just talked to the York dealer. He said that York hasn't given a price yet, but are talking $.90-$1.00 per pound. He hadn't heard anything about db's bigger than 120 in the round style. York told the dealer that the db's would be available some time between Jan and March of '06.

He was not real encouraging on the group buy idea...said that fuel cost and steel cost have their margins so tight on weight that they can't really afford to discount it much.

That's the story as far as I can tell.

It's blob, I sent a lengthy email describing blobs, how Richard Sorin invented them, our sport, wide flange old York 45's, etc.. to the midwest regional sales manager and she confirmed they are the blobs and NOT the globes. She said she had no idea they were used like that and was forwarding my email "up the ladder".

It's blob, I sent a lengthy email describing blobs, how Richard Sorin invented them, our sport, wide flange old York 45's, etc.. to the midwest regional sales manager and she confirmed they are the blobs and NOT the globes.  She said she had no idea they were used like that and was forwarding my email "up the ladder".

Maybe YORK will save us some cuts and themselves some metal and make BLOBs! :cool

Someone from York Barbell just registered so maybe they can help shed some light on progress as it occurs. :)

He hadn't heard anything about db's bigger than 120 in the round style. 

it would mean designing and creating new molds.

expensive proposistion--- as market for 125's to 150's is much smaller than market for 120's on down.

the lady from york assured me ther would be 150's.

but there may be a mix up.

He hadn't heard anything about db's bigger than 120 in the round style. 

it would mean designing and creating new molds.

expensive proposistion--- as market for 125's to 150's is much smaller than market for 120's on down.

the lady from york assured me ther would be 150's.

but there may be a mix up.

I am not sure on price per hour but that shape is pretty simple, I would think a good pattern maker could turn out a prototype (wooden) in a day.

Mike