Richard Sorin Seminar on Grip!

Bill Piche

I alluded in another thread about someone grabbing a big ass anvil like it was a paper weight. That was none other than 1st COC Richard Sorin! It was on a video tape from this seminar that I got to see a preview of:

To all those interested: on March 23rd, 2002 at Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky there will be a "two man" strength training clinic with Kim Wood, Strength Coach of the Cincinnati Bengals since 1975, and Richard Sorin, the first Captain of Crush. Kim Wood is one of the key proponents for training the grip for combat sports...Richard Sorin, quite possibly could have the strongest grip of any man on the planet. Grip training might be a key topic of the day. All gripsters should be aware of this "hands on

clinic."

In this seminar, Richard goes into detail on what he's learned and what made him successful in becoming one of the all-time grip masters. It's all here.  Frequency, exercises, general philosophy on training, and you get to see all of his grip toys in this tape.  You even get to see the audience attempt to lift the toys after Richard is done speaking.  As a bonus, you get to see Bud Jeffries two hand clean the Inch replica and put it overhead.  

Bud was the guy who tried lifting the anvil and 1st COC casually goes over and lifts it up.  Now, after seeing that on the tape, I think 1st COC is sandbagging to not draw attention to himself these days at what he can do even now in the grip dept.  I never told Richard this yet, but now he knows if he reads this! :)  He also grabs his bomb and lifts it casually and you get to see it GLUED to the platform at the end of his talk for all others who try to lift it.

• Like 1

• 17 years later...

Old post but did this video ever happen?

11 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Old post but did this video ever happen?

Well, I don't think so. It's 17  years ago. LOL!

• Like 1