Ironmind Tug?

Rick Walker

The ISG works very well for 2 finger work. I think the TUG will be hardpressed to beat it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Champlin

• Rick Walker

• gerryg

• DAN PRAYDIS

I would like to buy a tug but I don't know which one to buy! There is no way I would order all seven! I was wondering if the tug #1-7 have the same wire size as the Guide-#4?

I was considering getting a tug4. I assumed that when you master a tug4 you would have mastery over a #1. This is total conjecture on my part based upon the descriptions Ironmind offered. I'd expect a tug7 to be so hard that it is as useless to me as a #4.

I ordered them all. I collect grippers as much as use them. I imagine the 5, 6, and 7 will see the most use in my training though. I will let you guys know where they fall. I would have liked it if IM had put a poundage on these---it would have been more helpful. I plan on using them for pinch also----I do that now with some of my other grippers, and these look a little better for that. Mike

I was considering getting a tug4.  I assumed that when you master a tug4 you would have mastery over a #1.  This is total conjecture on my part based upon the descriptions Ironmind offered.  I'd expect a tug7 to be so hard that it is as useless to me as a #4.

That's what I was thinking! At $20 a pop I do not want to play around with trial and error!

Edited by gerryg

TUG= Take oUr Greenbacks?

Actually I have hope that this will be a great thumb tool. If they are all I hope and dream I'll use 'em for KTA in a few weeks.

I ordered them all. I collect grippers as much as use them. I imagine the 5, 6, and 7 will see the most use in my training though. I will let you guys know where they fall. I would have liked it if IM had put a poundage on these---it would have been more helpful.  I plan on using them for pinch also----I do that now with some of my other grippers, and these look a little better for that. Mike

Well you can send me the ones you dont use. Christmas is right around the corner...lol

I have several I dont use already (make that cant use---but they sure look cool) . I like to collect these things---my wife thinks I have a problem. (at least she understands though---I think?). :dry You guys understand , right? :mellow Mike

FEDEX just dropped of mine#3 and the book Winning Ways. I will give a review once I train with it today, but I can say right off that it fits very well in the hand.

FEDEX just dropped of mine#3 and the book Winning Ways.  I will give a review once I train with it today, but I can say right off that it fits very well in the hand.

George,

What it is the diameter of the handle? Thank-you

FEDEX just dropped of mine#3 and the book Winning Ways.  I will give a review once I train with it today, but I can say right off that it fits very well in the hand.

George,

What it is the diameter of the handle? Thank-you

Let me dig out a measuring device or maybe I will use my webcam and show it to you

I am not sure about these things myself. Maybe they work but I think they are a bit pricey for what is actually a third of a gripper! :D Like others have said the ISG is great for isolation work and a 2.5, 3.5 would of been more useful. But I dont want to shoot them down in flames without even trying them so yeah if you got some tell us what results you get!

IM should have made in-between grippers. Not baby grippers that mimic an exercise that you can do by just using 2 fingers on a normal gripper - inverted or regular. I'd like to see...

#1.5

#2.5

#3.5

#4.5

Or something like that. :D

IM should have made in-between grippers.  Not baby grippers that mimic an exercise that you can do by just using 2 fingers on a normal gripper - inverted or regular.  I'd like to see...

#1.5

#2.5

#3.5

#4.5

Or something like that. :D

So far I like it. I will review once I use it for a few days

I think that these LOOK a bit weak. No disrespect intended to all those that posted! Nice one George. As the price is the same I'd be better off buying another gripper with fresh knurl and just making one of my older ones into a stub by filing it.

until I hear otherwise and it needs to be a whole lot of talk I will not be buying into this.

I look forward to hearing other reviews

Rydini

THANKS GEORGE WHAT NO.  TUG  DID YOU GET  :D

a #3 which is too light for my pointer and middle finger but just right for my ring and pinky fingers.

It would difficult for me to put any gripper i've seen between my thumb and pointer finger for pinch work unless it had a thick handle like the TUG has. These seem to be like pony clamps, but hopefully a better version.

Truly built to be flogged ! :upsidedwn