Ironmind Tug?

Rick Walker

These things look freaking awesome! One of the best ideas from Ironmind lately in increasing crushing strength, IMO.

Thoughts?

-Rick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Champlin

• Rick Walker

• gerryg

• DAN PRAYDIS

Rick - I just went to the website - can't find them - where do I look?

I just got the new catalogue and they are in it. No idea if they are on the website or not.

They are basically cut down grippers with a small rounded knob on the end. The levels go form IMTUG1 to IMTUG7.

-Rick

I wish they would update there site with pics of these, its not wist to tease a gripper with new toys and not give him a glimpse of it. Or they could send me a cataloge already.

I just got the new catalogue and they are in it.  No idea if they are on the website or not.

They are basically cut down grippers with a small rounded knob on the end.  The levels go form IMTUG1 to IMTUG7.

-Rick

That sounds pretty cool...hafta grab a catalog.

These things look freaking awesome!  One of the best ideas from Ironmind lately in increasing crushing strength, IMO.

Thoughts?

-Rick

Any other new toys? :yikes

Any other new toys?

Not that I can see, but the whole thing is nicely done with a lot of reading instead of just pictures. One of the best catalogues to date, IMO.

-Rick

Those little grippers look great, there going on my Christmas list.

Yes, a new challenge with new toys. You got to love those guys over at IM.

I don't get it though....

how are they any better that squeezing a normal gripper with two fingers?

I dont now about you, but I have a terrible time trying to squeeze a gripper with 2 fingers as the gipper is very wide at the end and awkward for me.

Also-pinching them on the ends is hard as well.

These smaller ones appear to make that easier.

-Rick

they are nice but the two fingers that will get the most work are the strongest ones now . unless you invert it :cry just a money maker they could of just made in between grippers t.1 1.5 2.5 3.5 4.5 would of been better :whistel

they are nice but the two fingers that will get the most work are the strongest ones now . unless you invert it  :cry  just a money maker they could of just made in between grippers      t.1  1.5  2.5  3.5  4.5  would of been better  :whistel

They have the gripper helper that you can use. I think its a great tool

they are nice but the two fingers that will get the most work are the strongest ones now . unless you invert it  :cry  just a money maker they could of just made in between grippers      t.1   1.5  2.5  3.5  4.5   would of been better  :whistel

I disagree. The gripper helper is useless.

they are nice but the two fingers that will get the most work are the strongest ones now . unless you invert it  :cry  just a money maker they could of just made in between grippers      t.1   1.5  2.5  3.5  4.5   would of been better  :whistel

How so? I dont want to sound smart just wondering why?

How so? I dont want to sound smart just wondering why?

It has no strength. A coat hanger has more force. It's really awkward to try and even use it too. It was like adding "air" to a gripper and adding it poorly as well. Someone sent me one so this comes first hand from me playing with it. The only reason I posted this is because you said it was a great tool. I didn't post about it when I messed with one because I didn't want to sound negative. :) But, since you said it was "great", I felt compelled to provide another data point.

Yes, I was not a fan of the gripper helper. I gave mine away.

I suppose I will try a tug or two.

Some pictures are up on the Ironmind online store.

The TUG tool does look interesting. Too bad that there isn't anywhere to try them out before you buy them. It's really hard to tell if this is truely something that will prove beneficial or if it is just a marketing scheme by IM to make some more $$. I guess I'll have to put that on my Christmas list and test it myself, since the individual is the only one who can determine if it is beneficial to them or not.

pc

I ordered a TUG along with the Brookfield DVD.

Give us feedback on the TUG once you get it and try it if you would. It won't take long with the crew we have on here to put them to the test and give straight feedback good or bad.

I made a few of these stubbies a while back out of store bought grippers, I imagine a few other people would have as well.

they are nice but the two fingers that will get the most work are the strongest ones now . unless you invert it  :cry  just a money maker they could of just made in between grippers      t.1  1.5  2.5  3.5  4.5  would of been better  :whistel

I have a store bought plastic gripper I use for the ring and pinky and I use it in a normal fashion. I am able to keep the middle and pointer finger out of the way while just closing with the ring and pinky.

I sometimes use the trainer also.

Just looking at this TUG, the spring would be in a position, nearer the middle of your palm, that would help keep the middle and pointer finger from getting involved...

I would like it for being small and can fit nice in a coat pocket.

...just my impression...suppose I'll have to get one 2..or 3 or 4 :mellow

This is a conspiracy.

IronMind knows I won't be able to resist, so they market seven of these. My money is slowing going down the drain...

It must be stopped before it is too late.